Rumor that ‘Duck Dynasty’ star threatened to quit show if God and guns are removed is not true

Phil Robertson Duck DynastyRumors that Phil Robertson – host of A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” – threatened to quit the show if guns and God are removed are not true, reports “TheBlaze.

According to the Facebook page of radio station 93.1 The Wolf, TV network A&E asked Robertson if they could remove the religious- and firearm-related content from the show — but Robertson answered ‘no.’

“If we can’t pray to God on the show, we will not do the show,” he reportedly said. “God and guns are a part of our everyday lives to remove either of them from the show is unacceptable.”

People had apparently complained to the TV network about the “Duck Dynasty” including footage of the family praying and using guns, and the detractors had asked for the show to be removed from the air.

But the Facebook post from 93.1 The Wolf was apparently false.

It is true that the popular show, which just completed its third season, has been granted a fourth season with A&E.

Robertson recently received attention for saying the family company, Duck Commander, was been built without government assistance.

Count on the scrappy Robertson family to keep fighting for the American way of life!

This piece has been updated to reflect that The Wolf’s original report was incorrect.

Comments

Comments

1. Roger says:

Just his comments make me proud to be a Southerner of about the very same age give or take a yr or two.. We can show our class or you can kiss our A** aka and Forest Gump called it (Buttocks) matters not .. God and guns made and built this country..

1. tim bohan says:

AMEN IF YOU DONT LIKE OUR WAY OF LIFE CHANGE THE DAM CHANNEL AND MOVE SO WHERE THAT DOESNT HAVE FREEDOM

1. lavett says:

ditto, I love that the family loves the lord and is not afraid to show it.. who ever is unhappy with how they are in THEIR family needs to change the station.. good grief!!!!

1. Chase says:

The story about “atheists and liberals” asking A&E to remove religious content from Duck Dynasty was obviously a rumor. These two subgroups don’t care what sort of content is featured in this show because they don’t ever spend time watching something so intellectually devoid.

2. flamey says:

Brilliant show, my family love the robertsons down to earth humour. Love from Wales UK x

3. William Tillett says:

If all these liberals and atheist have a problem with god and guns then why do they watch? Or are they just another group needing something to do. If they have a problem with the Robertson’s praying to god; then they must have a problem with currency in America. I have a suggestion for those complainers send me your money, because if you have a problem with prayer to god then money must bother you. Have these same people not realized that it does not matter whether it is a penny, or a hundred dollar bill they all are in scribed with IN GOD WE TRUST. So I suggest all those liberals and atheist just send me their money. Way to go Phil, we could use some more Americans like the Robertson’s.

1. Smith says:

In your rush to bash others, you failed to read the article. According to Phil (thru Missy), NO ONE ASKED HIM TO CUT OUT THE PRAYING AND THE USE OF GUNS on the show. In addition to making a negative comment completely unrelated to what was actually in the article, it looks like you forgot to “judge not, lest ye be judged”. Your reference to our money is equally misguide and non-sensical as well. What are you trying to say – anyone who has different beliefs than you should send you their money? That certainly sounds American.

1. Roisin says:

I believe the deal with the money referred to the fact that our currency contains the nations motto, In God We Trust. Mr Tillett was saying that anyone who objected to the use of non-blasphemous references to God ought to also object to the nation’s motto and therefore the currency upon which it is printed. And (not that it follows strictly logically, because if you truly object to that, either use checks or try to get it changed) you ought to send him the offending objects if you dislike them so much.

2. kh says:

So you didn’t read this article.

3. mike says:

All you hear lately remove our prayers, christmas issues, etc, etc. What about my rights. Why should we lose ours rights over a bunch of jack a–es that have nothing else to do but complain.
        If they don’t like it tuff don’t look change the channel. Why do people give in and lose their rights? I have rights and I will pray, have guns and those groups won’t stop my rights. We need more people like the Robertsons. Tired of having to give up our rights just because someone claims etc etc etc. Please someone build a boat like Noah did but put Obama and his lazy partners these liberals and atheist on a one way trip to sea and please use a paper plug that goes bye bye after 3 hours.

2. MeMikeT says:

I don’t get it. How stupid are these TV network people. Maybe it is something more sinister. There are so many TV shows, TV movies, where people are killing people with all kinds of guns. I think it is the God thing they didn’t like and threw in the gun thing to give the impression of being fair and balanced.

1. Kim says:

All these people that keep complaining seem to forget that they aren’t God and they have no room to Judge other people and their beliefs…..So stop trying to take the place of God and stop JUDGING OTHER PEOPLE!

3. Reita Hobbs says:

Way to go Phil. I love the show and you have principles that most people in this country know nothing about. Keep the show the way you started it and let God bless you. Wish this nation had more men like you in it and we would have a great nation again. Thank God for men with principles.

4. swampsniper says:

My vote is for more praying and more shooting, I’m bitter and I’m clinging.
    Anything that makes Schumer’s stomach churn is worth doing again, it’s proof that we’re doing things right!

5. Big A says:

Again, a few speak out against something and holliweird folds. Way to go Phil! They simply do not understand morals and conviction. The other thing they don’t understand is how to change channels if you don’t like it. My channel is tuned in to praying and shooting with the Duck Dynasty Family.

1. David G says:

Proving once again that Atheism is the most intolerant of all religious beliefs.

6. Scubadad54 says:

They have a lot of old fashion American backbone, we more of that. They can show drug use,
    Prostitution, murder, rape, and terrorism on TV, but show a family of faith who believes in the second amendment, all of a sudden there’s a problem. Personally, I hope to see more shows with morals and values.

1. chris smith says:

Amen So tired of of people telling me what I can and can’t watch. One day this country will get right again. Phil and his family are what this country was built on. This country needs more people like this. He needs to run for president he’s got my vote!!!!!

1. Chase says:

Did a single one of your sister babies even read the article? No one cares about a substantially bankrupt television program talking about an outdated and moronic religion. The entire thing was a rumor. Jesus, is it that difficult to actually read through and comprehend content without becoming agitated and babbling about “morals” and “family values” to no end. And none of you can type even moderately correctly, it’s really ridiculous. A testament to the true values of America, which put football and duck calls before an actual education.

1. Roger says:

Well sorry for the fact I may not type all that well but having lost a eye and hearing and several left hand fingers and almost total use of left leg in Nam in 68 to allow your punk ass to go to you rschools and get all educated to set there and poke fun at people son you best learn some of the dumbest fools I ever met were educated , Cut off their lights shut off their gar take there BMW keys and they starve or go crying to Momma looking for a teat But even all I’ve been through I came home build nice company and sold it for what you wish you may make in the next 20 yrs at 51 Yrs old retired and I did it all alone and being a little messed up so I paid my dues to not type correctly and if my lack of education disturbs you I was drafted at 18 in 1968 and what you consider education was over for me but you sir can kiss my country ass ! I’ll give you the price of a plane ticket round trip maybe to my addess if you have any issue with what I say or do we can set them straight face to face.. Not a problem .I can do alot of things better then typing you pompous ass mommas boy what have you ever done ?

1. Diane says:

God bless you for your service, sir, and for your sacrifices for this country. My dad is a Vietnam vet, and I support him and you in your love of God and country. Not all of the “educated” younger generations despise your service. Of course, I’m not as young as the brainwashed generation that is currently bad mouthing the ideals and morals of this once great nation. Garbage in equals garbage out, and our school systems have shoveled a lot of garbage into young, privileged minds. Only the veterans of current wars can really understand what you are talking about, and most of them come home with the same fervor you have, and many with the same challenges. On this Memorial Day, I honor all those who have served–giving their lives or their health–for the cause of freedom around the world.

2. Lance says:

Chris,
        I find your comment to be very interesting. I have never been told what I can or cannot watch. Since you indicate that it happens to you all the time, I’m wondering who are the people telling you this? I would be interested in researching people or organizations who tell you what to watch. Some examples would be great. And, by the way, the story about people asking Phil to not pray or use guns so much has yet to be proven to be true.

7. Valentine says:

Another American hero(Phil). Makes me proud to be American and from Louisiana.
    Give’em hell Phil.

1. tim bohan says:

THE TWO THINGS NOT TAUGHT IN OUR SCHOOLS PROPER FIREARM USE AND THE ALMIGHTY BIBLE… WHAT HAVE WE BECOME WHEN THE HATE GROUPS USE OUR OWN FREEDOMS TO STOP PRACTICING OUR MAIN BELIEFS ,BUT YOU LET SOMETHING BAD HAPPEN AND THEY SCREAM( HELP US) GOD DOESNT LIKE PART TIMERS ….

8. Brian says:

I don’t watch the show at all but way to go, Phil. America is going do the path to where religious freedom is being pried from people’s hands. I would’ve said the same thing in his situation. Come to think of it; I would’ve quit the show right on the spot if a bunch of stuck-up television executives came to me and asked me something as foolish as that.

9. ggr1868 says:

10 MILLION PEOPLE (plus myself of course) LOVE the Robertsons. Athiests and Communists of the Obama moron cult can go to hell. By the way, our numbers are GROWING. We are still the silent majority in America. We will not be silent ever again. You wait until the 2014 mid term elections. We’ll show you who runs this country.

1. Little voice says:

Amen. That’s all I have to say. Amen

10. Susan Phillips says:

Thanks for speaking out and standing your ground for all of us! You represent soooo… many who don’t have a voice and are fed up with all the politically correct crap! A few whinning, weak, latte suckin’ blue states on both ends of our country are intorerant (they like that word),devisive and doing all they can to rewrite our history, heritage, and change the foundation of our morals. Without God we are no more than mindless lemmings uselessly existing. Without guns, defenseless and subject to their scrutiny and dictatorship. This is exactly where they want us to be. Our guns allow us to keep God given freedom!
    Born and Bred Southern by the Grace of God, Susan <

11. DuckDynastyRules says:

Proud to be clinging to our guns and religion. Put Phil in the Oval Office and obama in jail. Phil wouldn’t turn down requests for help from our ambassadors!!

12. Barb says:

I am so glad that Phil stood up for his principles. There are not many shows on tv that the whole family can watch. Way to go Phil. Makes me proud to be an American and a Christian.

13. Tom says:

I guess this radio person is clueless as to why Duck Dynasty is number ONE! Always someone trying to stir the pot. The program is down to earth, and preaches good social and family values. This is something lost to the T.V. programming of today. Keep it up DD you are gaining new fans each and every episode.

14. Kayla says:

They have all these other shows that they show on tv thats fine, but when it comes to a show that everyone likes they wanna mess it up. Thats their everyday live and many others if they dont like the show have you ever heard of change the channel. The Roberson family isnt doing anything wrong in their show. I think thats alot os BD! I think they should keep the show and not change a thing about it. Its a very popular show and many people love it. DONT CHANGE NOTHING AND KEEP IT ON THE AIR!

15. Toby says:

There is nothing wrong with this show. Its the way they live their life along with manu others in this world. If you dont like what they show then change the channel there is shows out there that should be taken off the air thats not. I dont blame Phil i wouldnt change it either but i dont think they should stop showing it. If you dont like it dont watch it. Have you ever thought that other people love this show? Jist because you dont like it dont mean you have to mess it up for other people!

16. Stephanie says:

Ridiculous….If you don’t like God and guns…DON’T WATCH IT!!!! Thank you, Phill Robertson, for standing up for what you believe!

17. redbandit says:

God Blesses those that take up for him and he will for phill too like he already has keep up the good job the whole family….

18. Lisa says:

Praise God….. We love the Robertson family and the STAND they are taking for our God and our guns….. We are praying for you and if need be will load up our Bibles and our guns to stand along side of you…. There are ALOT of God fearing hunters here in Florida that love you and supporting you ….. May God continue to bless and keep you all ….

1. Rockdoc36 says:

Not just in Florida, but all over the great U.S.A. May god bless the Robertson family God is with us keep up the good wo

19. Joe says:

To me this proves Phil and the boys love God more than money. God Bless them.

1. John says:

Amen brother

2. Smith says:

Except Phil says the story isn’t true, so what is proved?

20. june says:

America is no longer home of the brave and land of the free they have slowley took are right away and we let them the say all kinds of filthy stuff show all kind of trash and when u say anything aebout God thair quick to shut it down it is really about is takeing guns out of the hands of christans_@@

21. Lisa says:

Praise God for the Robertson family. We here in Florida love, support, and pray for you all, if need be we will load up our Bibles and guns to come stand along side of you…. May God keep you and continue to richly bless you….

22. Stone says:

Keep fighting Phil, those democrats have no right to tell us that we cant show faith and the second ammendment on tv. Anyone who has a problem with showing faith email me at republicanchristian998@gmail.com and stand in line with the rest of the people that are waiting for me to care.

23. Michelle says:

Stick to your guns Phil. Thank you, for your immense belief in God, family and the right of every American to exercise their 2nd ammendment rights. Also, for standing up and saying so!
    Michelle OToole

24. Momma3 says:

Amen Brother Phil!!!! Robertson for President!!!! A man who would HONESTLY make a “CHANGE” & get this country back on track! I love seeing this family pray together, eat together & shoot together! Morals & Convictions. They make me forget how this country is going & remind me it takes ALL OF US to hold true to the basics no matter what!

25. Vittov787 says:

I just saw an article on the liberal Foxnews titled “‘Duck Dynasty’ star defends views”. It is intersting how liberals turn things upside down, creating an impression that God loving people are in minority and, as a result, have to “defend” their views. In truth, it is the opposite. God loving people are the mainstream, and it is the immoral minority that is trying to “defend” their own wicked ways by attacking God loving people with the articles titled like that.

26. James says:

Phil & Si for pres and VP 2016!!

27. Timothy J. Ruane says:

God bless you Mr. Robertson, and your family. Keep fighting the good fight.

28. AJurek says:

Go ahead A&E, cancel Duck Dynasty. Your viewership will drop considerably. Another company will benefit from your faux pax.

We here in the northwoods and the land of 10,000 lakes will continue to tune in no matter what channel we have to tune into.

29. Douglas says:

The kind of people that would object to “God and Guns” aren’t really fans of the show anyway. Why bow to their demands?

30. Billy bush says:

All lies, you idiots are just raking up lies to strengthen your political base. Nobody has called for the ban of guns and god from the show.

31. Bob D says:

Question – If it is so offensive to those people who want Guns and God remove from the show, why don’t they just turn the TV off or switch channels.

I have never watch Duck Dynasty but it is about time somebody stood up for themselves. It’s seem what the minority doesn’t like they try to get it removed. It taking PC (political correctness) to far. There is no more individuality. .

32. Alexis says:

If Phil ran for president, I know I would vote for him!

33. tim bohan says:

It shows more and more our way of life is under attack and thats a path they dont wanna go down,,, God bless them, my family and most of all!!!!! My Dan Wesson!!!!!!!! ONE NATION UNDER GOD !!

34. George J. says:

“People had apparently complained to the TV network about the “Duck Dynasty“ including footage of the family praying and using guns”

Hey Mr. President. If you don’t like the show change the channel.

35. priscilla kish says:

It is about time that someone took a stand for our God,
    The show is my husband’s favorite, I watch it also.
    it is a good clean show and funny.
    A wonderful change from all the trash on TV today.
    American’s should be able to have guns, it’s not the guns
    that kill, it’s the crazy people.
    God Bless you Phil and your family.
    Thank you for taking a stand for “right”.

1. Smith says:

Phil didn’t take a stand on anything, per the article, the earlier post about the network wasn’t true (per Phil).

1. Becca says:

Give it up, Smith. These idiots are just using this site as a way to go off on ignorant tangents about how Good Republican Christians should hate and judge liberal Democrats. Plus, their reading comprehension must not be top notch, so they aren’t picking up what you are putting down anyway.

36. stopthemorons says:

Go ahead A&E be as stupid as most of TV execs are; there are tons of networks would give their left n_t to have these folks with conviction appear on their venue.

37. Chip Guiness says:

God Bless the Duck Dynasty Family. Freedom of Speech. The right to bear arms. The Americans win again. Phil when you talk people listen because they know you speak from the heart. Many people do not believe in your views. This is why are country is in the condition it is in today. Keep us going on the right track Phil.

38. Sam Saylor says:

On this Mother’s Day I thank my God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, for the mother I was given. My mother and father gave me God, love in abundance, guidance and guns.

My wife and I love your show!

Many God continue to bless you and your family!

Thumbs Up to you Phil Robertson!

39. claus says:

You have someone always wanting to put down something good. Critics please leave everyone alone. Duck dynasty is the best show on the air and brings so much laughter to my home. So all i can say is back off and way to go SI……rock on JACK!

40. Roger says:

Like Susan Phillips said American by birth Right Southern by the Grace of God .. Living up here in Ct. these last 6 yrs due to a sever injury still under Drs care and bad Real estate market here But I’m amazed how the Lemming effect actually exist in Humans . Just a Bunch of just wait the Gov. or someone will do for it for you , What I’d call a bad thunderstorm roll through they call them Hurricanes and just set and wait for someone to clean the limbs never saw such dependent humans .. And now that have that show hunting Tail on History channel I think it is saw it a few times But and the locals around here I actually talk too find it disgusting that humans kill Bambie’s and Ducks and tree rats ..
    Like that little flooding in N.Y and N.J last yr if they ever get a real hurricane lord help them..Y’all in the south know what I’m talking about as for Hurricanes and Tornadoes as a kicker .

41. DIANNE says:

Now I see why this show has the following that it has. These people still adhere to the basics that formed our country and made it great. Stick by your guns guys literally!!

42. Sam Saylor says:

On this Mother’s Day I thank God the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for the wonderful Mother He gave me. Mom and Dad gave me an abundance of love, a Bible, strong guidance and a gun. Continue the good fight Phil and Family. The good people are with the Robertson family.

My wife and I love your show.

Happy Mother’s Day Miss Kay!

Thumbs Up to you Phil Robertson and Family!

1. Roger says:

As for Mothers day there is a writer/Author she is a columnist for the Time or News week Magazine and a Paper maybe N.Y ? But he is trying to start a movement that is calling Mothers day sexist .. Liberals scourge of the world. But the best part is if the doom thing all the preppier are preparing for ever happens they like the dinosaurs liberals will all become extinct , Huum maybe why Obama slipped that E/Order to allow the feds to confiscate peoples food . Let us bow our heads and pray !

43. clickbeep says:

Stickin’ to your guns eh with the Big Guy lookin over your shoulder. I got your back. Good work. The thing about freedom is it’s never free.

44. Tim says:

WAY TO GO PHIL !!!!
    This isnt just a southern thing,
    I grew up in northern Illinios and this is the way I was raised also,
    Maybe Washington and Wall Street should be watching your show, The could learn a few things!
    Thanks for bringing values back to country!
    Keep up the good work!

Tim

45. Mike B says:

Will Disney/ABC, owner of A&E, take guns off of all their other shows? Strange, that the Hollywood liberals are okay with guns killing people on TV, but not okay with them being used to shoot food!

46. Old Colonel says:

So, how many intolerant POS actually complained about Duck Dynasty? Three? Four? I’m glad Phil told them basically to stuff it, because I wouldn’t have expected anything less from Phil and his family. Thank God that folks like the Robertsons can still portray a wholesome, loving, functional, God-loving, Christian family and be very successful at it on national TV.

If the interant few who complain about anything that goes against their politically-correct, atheistic worldview want to have some shows removed from TV, they can they can start with the kinky sex-related garbage that is on LOGO, or some of the “gangsta” stuff on BET.

47. Lance says:

I believe you are trying to perpetuate a war on religion that just isn’t there. Who would actually watch that show and then complain about guns? Does that even make sense to you? Is there any evidence at all the people complained to A&E about this? Plus, you have Phil’s family members saying that prayer and guns did not have anything to do with the new contract. Instead, it was all about negotiating more money. Please do more research before spreading something like this just to get people angry about something. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/10/rumor-check-did-duck-dynasty-star-phil-robertson-really-say-ae-asked-family-to-tone-down-prayer-and-guns-we-talked-to-them/

48. George Bob says:

CrAzY …..they hunt on their property….make their living hunting ducks….need guns. At the end of each episode….it turns back to the Family and they pray before eating diner….ALL GOOD JACK !

PROUD TO BE A SOUTHERNER !
    George Bob

49. CJ says:

To all the people who don’t believe in god please stop asking Christians questions you know the answer to because you know it is going to make you mad or maybe you need a reason to hate us.

50. James J-TX says:

We have to ALL do what Phil has done; stand up for GOD, COUNTRY, FREEDOM and RELIGION. Our crooked politicians keep trying to pull the wool over our eyes by SNEAKING things in BILLS when they have NO need except to push their AGENDA’S. We the PEOPLE are tired of their motives and Agendas.

Also tired of them pushing to get rid of Guns, but they don’t get rid of them off their Hollywood Shows and they still KILL babies through abortion. I think abortion clinics KILL more humans than GUNS do by FAR>>> Let’s call it what it is.

51. Betty says:

We love Duck Dynasty……God, Glory, Guns & the Robertsons!
    Happy Mothers Day Ms. Kay

52. Cres A. says:

Thank God for the Robertsons. The silent majority wouldn’t have to be silent if they used their freedom to vote in EVERY election. Then we wouldn’t have jackasses like those who can’t change the channel to something sexual or violent instead of God and guns if they don’t like it. They should go live in some other country they think is better than the USA. After they live there for a while, they would be begging to come back. Come on silent majority, SPEAK UP!!! Your rights are in jeopardy.

53. Dave Mason says:

If people don’t like the content, piss off. Quit looking for stuff to complain about and get a life. Those people need to be gathered up and out in their own little world. Pieces of crap.

54. Babs and Laura says:

I first saw an article on Godvine.com about Phil and Duck Dynasty. I thought. This is cool. I love this. Then, My Daughter and I started watching the shows. WE were so Happy, Happy, Happy!!! I am 61 and my Daughter is 24 and this is the way we spend our time together. We just started watching, so, we had to go back to the repeats. Then, My Beautiful 24 year old Daughter went out and bought all the DVD’s! It is Mothers Day; when she left today after treating Myself and her 86 year old Grandmother to dinner. I said, Honey, We don’t have anymore Duck Dynasty’s to watch until the new season. She said, Well, we will just keep watching them over and over again. The thing I like the most is the way Mr. Robertson treats his wife! What a wonderful Man. and wonderful Woman. Miss Kay. Love You Guys! I’m Gone…Babs

55. waddy says:

I’m a urban black man and I love the show for its values and respect for God and Guns.

56. John k says:

They have a show with no swearing And the family gets along If you can’t watch the show and crack a smile maybe it’s time to turn to channel

57. Roy Robertson says:

My family is also Robertsons of the Monroe and West Monroe area. Even though I do not believe we are related we are a lot alike other than money. Sure would like my Robertsons to play a game of flag football or ping pong against them. We are better!!!!!

58. sigmumd says:

Never followed the until i saw them pray at the and the message they shared with that prayer. I knew quite a few men who had that conviction and we need more of them if we are to restore this country to its former glory. God bless and good health to all

59. Donnie says:

Okay, so some say it is false and some say it is true. The truth is, the truth never was substantiated in the small article or the rest of the story! So, what is the truth, someone please tell me.

1. Lance says:

It’s all about the money, not prayer and guns. They are greedy, and I guess they can be with such high ratings. But don’t kid yourself, its the money. Here are a couple stories supporting it.

60. Clemson Brown Eyed Girl says:

My family Love’s this show and so does many of our neighbors. I admire the Robertson family for keeping God, guns, and their traditional way of life. I don’t think they should have to change anything to impress anyone; If people don’t like it they can change the channel. I had much rather have my family watching this show than some of the other stuff that is on TV (when it comes to content: (violence, language and straight out killing people). I hope Duck Dynasty stays on for many seasons to come. It is a great show!!!! We Love it!!!!!

61. Kelley says:

I’m a card carrying liberal and also a fan of the show. I love the Robertson family and I respect their religous views and their right as American citizens to own firearms and hunt game. Did I also mention that I’m a Christian? Why is it that the term liberal seems to be a dirty word to you people? I’m a American citizen who comes from a military family dating back to the civil war. My ansestors WHERE liberals. They were Irish imigrants who worked hard and fought for your and my right to freedom. The Robertson family has every right to pray just as do the Muslims, Jews, Hindu’s, Budist, etc. Stop using the term liberal and athiest in the same sentence!

1. swampsniper says:

Kelley,
      Sorry, but if you voted for Barack Obama you have no respect for anyone’s right to own firearms. Obama’s agenda, and the agenda of all too many democrats is a complete ban on civilian possession of firearms.
      When they tell you anything else it’s a lie! They throw around words like “reasonable” and “responsible” but it’s all smoke and mirrors, nothing they get today will ever be enough, they will be back wanting more laws tomorrow.
      They could have had their background checks this time but they did not want to include sufficient sanctions against creating a national registry, their actual goal from the start.
      You may trust Barack Obama and Eric Holder not to abuse limits on government power but that puts you in a shrinking misguided minority.
      They respect nothing, the Bill of Rights means nothing to them, the end always justifies the means for them,
      No one but fools would trust them!

1. Smith says:

You obviously didn’t read the recent proposed gun bill as it very specifically and very strongly PROHIBITED establishing a gun registry and any person or organization who attempts to do so would be subject to a 15 year jail sentence – who more specific about not allowing a gun registry can something be? You state there were insufficient sanctions, 15 years in jail isn’t enough?

2. Lance says:

You say their agenda is “a complete ban on civilian possession of firearms.” And it sounds like you have done lots of research to come to this conclusion. Would you mind sharing any of the factual proof that you have found that supports that claim? Just two or three facts would be a good start for me to review. Thanks.

2. Laura says:

This reminds me the time when The Dixi Chics that which I just love and miss was just voicing their thier belaives on our troops to the president bush and he got them black balled now we dont even hear of them anymore??? VERY WRONG and now we have a good family show and they show their religious and guns well both of those things are apart of their lives and so so meny other familys. So who gives the president any right to shut the show down you know why because he does not belive in the lord that is whats wrong with this world now! So how do they think we even got here? All I have to say thank you to everyone for voting him in in the first place. 2nd My Family loves the Robertson its a wonderful show and my family and I TOTALLY suport GOD, FIREARMS, and THE ROBERTSONS !!

62. Roger says:

Well I have to wonder why Obama care requires and give your medical Dr the right to ask you on your pre examination forms if you own any guns and if so how many and how are they stored .. I told my Dr at my last Physical none of your damn business what I have and how many of anything I own I’m here for a annual physical not a interrogation or playing 50 questions now you tell me why they are required to ask that under Obama care ? ..

He heard from Obamas mouth at one of his political rallies at his college that he thought the constitution was an antiquated and outdated paper that needed to be up dated and edited to fit todays needs and requirements of a modern society . TRY IT is all I can say.. As someone said above this was saying they were Liberal and Irish and in the civil war I saw welcome to Free America
    (: Well my first wave of family rolled in to Va 1607 the second wave
    hit town about 1629 then my Scotch Irish followed late 1680’s and many of them all fought and died for that constitution in the revolutionary war and in 1812 then 1898 in Cuba and 1863 for the stars and Bars 1917 for the stars and stripes and 1941 to 1945 to Korea and I was in Nam Try to re-right that constitution to suit your needs watch what happens
    God bless the Robertsons as too me it matters not what they said or did not say but for their actions and beliefs and God bless this country and all who live in it and god Bless Samuel Colt may his soul rest in peace as he truly made us all equal !

1. Lance says:

Would you mind providing the proof that Obamacare requires doctors to ask about guns? I’ve been through some of it, but I have yet to find anything that says doctors are required to ask about guns. Please let us know where it says that.

Also, there is an appropriate time for doctors to discuss guns, but it is a rare case. If a doctor, by their own choice, is asking all their patients about their guns, then those patients should find another doctor if they are not happy about that. Personally, I would find it odd and would probably change doctors. So just like a TV program that shows something you may not like, just change the channel.

And back to the point of this blog post, the Robertson’s were holding up a contract with A&E because they wanted more money, not because of prayer and guns. Family members have even admitted that they were not asked to cut back on prayer and guns. And I have yet to see any evidence that any group has really made that complaint. I believe it is a hoax until someone can provide evidence.

63. Roger says:

Learned long ago to never get unto a urinating contest with anyone, some follow some lead I think it was in one of his 20 odd something executive orders last yr that gave Drs the right ti invade your privacy and there was several cases from veterans who attend the Va. Hospitals (where I’d not go too if I was dying myself rather see a good Vet) And to people and Drs all over the country and I think it was Florida that enacted a law as did my home state Va. that they by law could not ask that or invade your right to privacy.. Now you say you know the law of Obama care then Lance you have to be smarter and far more advanced the the fools who constructed the damn thing as none of them seem to know the law and laws fully of Obama care . You go look around for the info.. Its around mid way of his many Executive orders and here in Ct. they are some nosy SOBs and I’ll not answer any questions like that.. Its my right to privacy kind of like intrusion from the IRS and Law enforcement period now this string was about the Duck Dynasty I thought God Country and Guns . Look here is all I’ll offer and I hate posting a link to anything for anyone I think and find out for myself..I’m done with this thread and story have a good one.. and I apologize too the rest of y’all for wasting bandwidth and your time sorry .

1. Lance says:

If people are learning something, especially the truth, then I don’t think it is a waste of time. So since you brought up the issues, I’ll address them from what I found.

Obama’s Executive Orders don’t require that doctors ask about your guns.

Executive Order #16: Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

So it just states what was true even before Obamacare. Doctors can ask you about it or not. You can answer it, or not. There is no mandate either way. It is primarily stating that if there is a good reason to ask about it, go ahead.

The Florida law that you mention also allows doctors to ask about guns and even makes it sound like there are situations where doctors probably should ask about guns. It does not forbid it.

Florida Privacy of Firearms Owners Act: “provides that unless information is relevant to patient’s medical care or safety or safety of others, inquiries regarding firearm ownership or possession *should not* be made”

And finally, right there in Obamacare is the following, that PROTECTS YOUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS! And it specifically does not allow any amendments that would allow anyone to keep a registry. My only guess is that you want people to join you in hating Obama and hating liberals, and so you will go around spreading lies to generate more hatred. If you would stop hating for a while, you could see that Obama really does not want to take away guns. He may want more restrictions than you care for and it is fine to speak up against that, but he repeatly has said and done things to protect the 2nd Amendment. I challenge you to search for cases where Obama supports gun rights instead of always searching where you think he is against all guns. And if anything I have mentioned here is incorrect, please do let me know. I have an open mind.

Obamacare Title X, page 2037, starting at line 23:

c. Protection of Second Amendment Gun Rights
      (1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.— A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to—
      (A) the presence or storage of a lawfully possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or
      (B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.
      (2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to—
      (A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;
      (B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or
      (C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.
      (3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.
      (4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PREMIUM RATES OR ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE.—A premium rate may not be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied, and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance upon—
      (A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or
      (B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.
      (5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS.—No individual shall
      be required to disclose any information under any data collection activity authorized under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act relating to—
      (A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or
      (B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition.

1. Roger says:

Man its all double talk you posted it right here
        E/O does not tell them they under law can not or do not have the right to invade you privacy does it .. baby steps baby steps he gave Drs the right to violate my 5th Amendment’s thats the short and long of it and when some states objected to that allowance for Drs Obama sent the DOJ on them as he did with illegal immigrants in Az rather then doing his sworn duty to uphold the constitution he wants to avoid and or circumvent and rewrite it .

You say tomatto a o I say tomatter I see its as Obama care gave Drs the a right under federal mandate to violate my 5th attendant you keep drinking that Kool aid.. There is not a soul who will ever know what all I have I have guns from dealers and I have far more from private dealers are shows and private sellers and screw Obama and his law and E/O’s you set back and let them invade your privacy not me..you better stand for something or fall for anything.. Sorry but before Obama care I was never asked and when I asked what right they had to ask that they told me under Obamacare they now had that right to ask I contacted a lawyer and he said yes sir they Drs. now have that right .. so thats how it works tell a judge I was not speeding but I was going a little fast its all relative.
        I have seen this Dr for 4 yrs and this was all new last time there .. I’ll never answer or tell it thats why they now want to push for more controls on ammo so they know where to look when their time come. like I said you be the sheep I’ll stay a bull bible in one hand guns at the ready .. I don’t trust any Gov. Entity with my life and safety of me or mine you believe what you want.. But Obama care put that 16th E/Order is there for a reason and thats to follow when he wants it to be known .. Lying SOB he is and sneaky too boot.. Maybe you need to got to D.C and make the T.V rounds to explain what all Obama can not do and what Obama care can do (:

Now s for Premium rates my sister loved this SOB and voted for him twice but she just learned her supplemental care insurance to Medicare fro her retirement just went up 30% and now she thinks he may have mis spoken since its her money LOL not to mention she lives off of investments she worked all her life for and saved and did with out and paid taxes on to make then her capital gains just went from 15 to 20% and more to come .. Get a Pepsi and put the obama Kool aid down.. Facts ad truths are tow totally different things . My last reply to this mess you believe what you want I’ll believe what I want I have paid the cost to have that right..who was it that said you can fool some of the people some of the time ?? Oh yes Obamas Hero Lincoln .. .. Nuff said and finale word by me on my 5th amendment violation granted by Obams a E/0 # 16

1. Lance says:

I hate to see you go. I’ve learned a few new things because of our discussion.

I do find it fascinating that you apologized to everyone for getting a bit off topic and yet in your latest response you introduced 4 new topics. This usually happens when someone cannot back up their case, so they try to bring up new topics. So I’m not going to address the new topics you brought up, except I can’t resist talking about the 5th Amendment. You first said that Obama’s Executive Orders and Obamacare violated the 2nd Amendment. I provided proof that it doesn’t and you now say that it violates your 5th Amendment. Here is the 5th Amendment:

“No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”

No where in that amendment does it say that one person cannot ask a question of another person. What it does say is that you don’t have to answer any questions. And, if you read my previous response, you would see that Obamacare re-emphasizes this amendment. And, to get technical, enforcing that a doctor cannot ask you a question would violate his 1st Amendment right. Right? So the next time you go to the doctor, take a copy of the pages of Obamacare that say he is not *required* to ask you about your guns. Put him in his place. He is completely wrong and you should let him know.

You also said that Obama sent the DOJ on states that objected to EO 16. Do you have examples of that? I’m curious about the context of that.

The other thing that I find fascinating is why in the world would someone *choose* to live somewhere where they feared that the gov’t would soon come after them? Why not move to a country where you don’t fear the gov’t so much that you need to stockpile guns? Costa Rica is a beautiful country, has great weather year-round, and they have no military, so you shouldn’t have to worry about their gov’t coming to get you. I’m thankful that I don’t fear my gov’t, and so I am very happy to live here without fear.

And, in all honesty, do you think that if the same gov’t that tracked down and killed Bin Laden decided to turn on its people, that you’d have enough arms to stop them? As soon as they saw you come at them with all your weapons, they’d plan a drone strike to take you out in the middle of the night. OK, not really, they would just fly an F16 over you in the middle of the day. And then you would take your Bible and proceed to pergatory, because someone with as much hatred as you have would not get a free pass into heaven and I would hope that you would not invade the space reserved for me in hell. OK, now I’m just egging you on. But seriously, you do have a lot of hate going on.

Again, if I’ve said anything that is incorrect or did not address something you think is important, please let me know.

64. Lance says:

Kudos to Kelsey Osterman for posting a correction to her blog post. Let’s all help spread facts and not fiction. So many people in this country are getting caught up in emotions and with the increase in social networks there are too many lies that are spreading way too fast. I’ve been caught a time or two of the doing same thing and it is embarrassing, but it is also correctable.

65. Smithaswell says:

Ohhhh but this story is all fabricated by Gurney and the EPs in LA. Phil in fact does not like the “LA types”, and while he has been on his tour, the “LA types” have been meandering around the rules and prohibiting their employees from attending church with the Robertsons. Production employees of the show lost their jobs today due to their breach of this “clause” in their contracts. Look for a HUGE shakeup and a class action lawsuit against the Gurneys. Don’t be surprised to read about it in Newsweek as early as tomorrow or Thursday.

Sincerely
    A source close to the show

66. Danny Pulliam says:

DUCK DYNASTY KEEP DOING WHAT U DO!PRAYING BEFORE PEOPLE SHOWS THAT GOD IS STILL PEOPLES EVERYDAY LIFE!MAKES ME HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO SEE PEOPLE GIVING GOD THANKS FOR THE BLESSINGS WE RECEIVE!

67. JohnnyZ says:

What is the outcome? Will A&E remove God and guns from the show? I hope that Phil sticks to his “guns” and continues to pray on the show. Americans need to take back their country.

68. kate says:

One of the best parts of the show is when the family all seated together have a simple prayer thanking God for family, the woods and the critters that live in the woods. for those who live off the land, they truly are thankful for those critters. There is always a message at the end of the prayer that is true and we in the city tend to take for granted. To the Robertson’s, please keep the show running. My family and I keep thinking what a blast it would be to hang out with these folks for the weekend.

69. helen mcanally says:

Hey,all the robertsons,keep up the good times,laughter,prayin,tears,all of the things that make up all families,come to texas,have some of my husband kevins chicken fried steak best iced te in the state.

70. Glenn Nicks says:

This whole conversation is a bunch of Bull. God and guns are what make the show successul along with southern countryboy morals. They should never bow to peer preasure from a bunch of liberal atheists that go crying to the network bu hu simply because the rest of us happen not to agree with their politically incorrect view of the way they think the world should be. I am a saved white christion southern countryboy and they are too. If you dont like it tough watch somthing else but shut up and leave us alone. We have the right to believe what we do and will defend your rights as well as long as you stay off our backs with your atheists liberal views. Sincerely yours USA FOREVER..

1. Lance says:

Glenn, you are a rare breed. There probably aren’t many saved white Christian southern country boys who support gays’ rights to get married. Good for you for standing up for that.

Also, you have liberal atheists all wrong. First of all, the story about them complaining about this show is not true (read the article). By definition a “liberal atheist” would not care about it. They believe you can worship as you please, not matter what religion. They only become activists when people want to “force” religion on them through gov’t laws, violating their freedom from religion. If they were against religion on TV, then they would be complaining about every Sunday church program and a whole bunch of other programs, but they don’t do that because, as everyone has said, they can change the channel, so it isn’t forced on them. It doesn’t even make sense that they would go after this one particular program. To make it sound like this is a liberal atheist attack just isn’t true. But if you do find *proof* of this type of liberal atheist group, please let me know.

71. terry says:

i have not had the privilege of watching your show (no cable) but have heard a lot about it (i am told i look like someone on the show all the time). what i hear restores my faith in people. my prayer for all involved in the show is that you will continue to have the courage to continue to stand up for Christ and all that is right in his sight (guns too). and that the gates of hell can not come against you and your wittiness. praise god for you and your family.

72. Wendy says:

I just love your humor…… <3

73. Roadraven says:

Im a athiest lib…. Keep the god and the guns in show. It’s your dang life not mine. Love the show.
    I can’t believe the stuff people complain about.
    The petty stuff keeps us all down.

74. lisa gatdner says:

Real People Real Living Honest and Respect , Don’t like it or believe in it change the station , God Bless , Sorry if I offened any of you by saying that !!

'SNL' laughs at North Korea, Sony hacks
“Saturday Night Live” hit on North Korea and the Sony hacks twice this weekend, proving that unlike most of Hollywood, they aren’t scared of Kim Jong-un. The show started off with a bang, bringing back Mike Myers as Dr. Evil to interrupt the cold open and discuss his anger over the North Korea and Sony hacker […]
RNC asks theaters to show 'The Interview
The Sony hack and subsequent cancellation of “The Interview” has gone fully political. President Obama made an official statement on this decision and now the Republican National Committee is weighing in. RNC Chairman Reince Priebus asks that movie theaters not bow down to North Korea and stand up to this decision by screening the film […]
Obama: LeBron 'did the right thing'

President Obama supports LeBron James' decision to wear an "I can't breathe" t-shirt during warmup before the NBA game between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Brooklyn Nets last week.

Al Sharpton, Hollywood's Sony Liaison

In a private meeting with Rev. Al Sharpton at the Greenwich Hotel in New York City Thursday, Sony Pictures chair Amy Pascal told Sharpton that he could have a voice in how the movie studio makes its films.

Clooney: Release 'The Interview' online

George Clooney may have the most awesomely toothy response to the Sony Pictures cyberattack that forced the movie studio to pull the film "The Interview" from its December 25 release.

Obama: I will do ‘everything I can’ to close Guantanamo Bay
President Obama may have signed the defense bill that keeps Guantanamo Bay open for another year, but he is still verbally promising to close down the facility. Obama appeared on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday and discussed closing Gitmo by the end of next year with host Candy Crowley. “I’m going to do everything […]
Obama: ‘We’re not going to be intimidated’ by Sony hackers
President Obama appeared on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday morning and covered a variety of topics ranging from racism to North Korea and the Sony hacks. Obama repeated his earlier statements about the hacks, implying again that Sony made the wrong call by canceling screenings of “The Interview.” “The Boston Marathon suffered an actual […]
Obama: we can’t have censorship subject to ‘some dictator someplace’

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama declared Friday that Sony "made a mistake" in shelving a satirical film about a plot to assassinate North Korea's leader, and he pledged the U.S. would respond "in a place and manner and time that we choose" to the hacking attack on Sony that led to the withdrawal. The FBI blamed the hack on the communist government.

U.S. confirms North Korea was behind Sony attack and promises ‘proportional’ response

Officials no longer merely suspect North Korea to be behind the cyberattack on Sony Picture—they’ve confirmed it.

District court declares Obama’s executive action on immigration unconstitutional
A federal court in Pennsylvania declared parts of President Obama’s executive actions on immigration unconstitutional Tuesday. Judge Arthur J. Schwab, sitting in the western district of Pennsylvania, said presidents do have the power to use discretion in deciding how to enforce laws, but found that Obama’s recent executive action went much further than that.  He said Obama was writing […]

Rubio, Paul feud continued on ABC's 'This Week'
Likely 2016 presidential hopefuls Marco Rubio and Rand Paul have been going after each other all week for statements made on President Obama’s decision to normalize relations with Cuba and the feud did not take a break over the weekend. The Florida senator, one of the most outspoken critics of the new Cuba policy, appeared on […]
Rubio says Rand Paul is clueless on Cuba

Sen. Marco Rubio made his criticism of a fellow Republican plain Thursday night.

Gowdy's office responds to Speaker chatter

Rep. Trey Gowdy has become a sensation on the Right, with his no-nonsense style and committee hearing takedowns of Obama officials garnering him praise and attention.

Rand Paul: 'Opening up Cuba is a good idea'

Sen. Rand Paul broke with the Republican Party's prevailing argument against President Obama's Cuba policy Thursday, saying the move toward opening trade with the long-embargoed nation "probably" is a good idea.

Retiring DemHenry Waxman's farewell ode to govt

You'd think that, 40 years in, a congressman might grow cynical about the prospects of government meddling. Not retiring Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.)!