Chris Matthews blames radical right for Boston Marathon bombings

Chris MatthewsLeave it to MSNBC’s Chris Matthews to make the most ridiculous comments about who was behind Monday’s Boston Marathon bombings.

While Boston police, city officials and the FBI were just beginning their investigation into the cause of the bombings – which killed at least three people and injured at least 150 – Matthews was busy adding his own two cents as to whom the perpetrator may have been.

“Normally, domestic terrorist people tend to be on the far right, although that’s not a good category,” Matthews said on Monday’s show. “Extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like that? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much, or its politics, or its government, that they just want to do the damage – that they don’t care if they get public credit if you will.”

Fortunately, his guest – NBC terrorism analyst Michael Leiter – quickly shifted the focus of his answer away from Matthews’ outlandish assertions. He rightly said that that while many groups, including al-Queda, will likely take credit for the bombing, it is the job of the FBI and the Boston police to determine if the claims are actually real.

As if that wasn’t enough, Matthews then goes on to blame those who have a vendetta against the Kennedy family for the bombings, as it was thought at one point Monday that a fire at the JFK Presidential Library just outside downtown Boston may have been related as well.

“Again, it’s an early situation, but looking at the Kennedy library, not something at Bunker Hill, not something from the freedom trail or anything that kind of historic, but a modern political figure of the Democratic party,” Matthews asked Leiter. “Does that tell you anything?”

Truthfully, we’re shocked that he didn’t attribute the bombings to racism as well!

You can watch Matthews’ ridiculous allegations in the video below:

h/t Mediaite

Comments

Comments

1. Roger Mitchell says:

This guy Matthews if simply crazy or crazed ? I think MSNBC should do a back ground check on this damn fool after the quiver up his leg stops , What man in his right mind would say that about another male ? And MSNBC purports they are a real or legitimate news organization ? Then the put old fried died laid on the side slick haired Al Sharpton hat black SOB has never stood next to the truth on a show of his own and then the Long Neck Dyke Madcow wow what a line up . And god only knows how many have come and gone in the last few yrs as they call real journalist with no axe to grind ! I know I never stop there I just see the stupidity they display on other channels as a funny moment ..

1. uma says:

indoctrinated zombie. this is not an ideological battle of left vs right, GOP vs Dems, Socialism vs liberty. This is ethnic warfare against white people.

Why do hostile globalist elite defend Israel as a Jewish ethnostate with Jewish only immigration, but ravage white majority Europe/North America into a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural Gulag with dystopian non-White colonization?

Why do gullible Whites cuckold for murderous Jewish/Crypto-Jewish commissars, who butcher White soldiers in bankrupting wars, confiscate White people’s guns, infiltrate/subvert our banks & spying agencies, indoctrinate White kids in academia/mass media, & plunder White jobs, wages?

East Asia is 99% yellow. Africa is 90% Black. West Asia is 99% Brown. But 3rd world colonizers are annihilating Whites, just as China is swamping Tibet. Genocidal Jewish commissars murdered 100 million White Europeans from 1917 onwards. Jews exterminated countless tribes since Old Testament.

“Native” Americans are not native. They invaded from East Asia. They slaughtered countless women/children. Muslims, Jews, China, India, Mayans, Africans all are guilty of slavery, genocide. From Greeks till today, Whites have been victims of Jewish, Turkic, Islamic, African slavery, genocide, imperialism.

Gullible Whites should reject subversive anti-White ideologies – libertarianism, feminism, liberalism, socialism, & reject hostile slanders of racism, collectivism.

Love to all humanity, but White people must unite & organize to defend & advance their families, their fertility, their interests, their homelands. Urgent reading list:
      goo.gl/iB777 , goo.gl/htyeq , amazon.com/dp/0759672229 , amazon.com/dp/1410792617

1. Richard Long says:

Uma, put the crack pipe down

2. Rebecca Pick says:

I cannot believe how stupid Chris Matthews; & Zimmerman is a Democrat. You, Matthews, is such a fool!!!
      Anything that happens, you blame onto the Republicans. You are a sorry case.

3. Richard Long says:

Gee Roger,
      None of the people you menton seem any crazier than Hannity, Beck, O’Reilly, and the rest of the racist hate mongers at FOX

2. Jimmy says:

I think this guy is a poor, poor, example of a journalist! and I use that term very lightly. NBC brass need to do something about him. I am so offended at what he said about a “possible” bomber of the Boston marathon. This guy is a joke and should be taken off the air asap!

3. Bo says:

Chris Matthews is about as crazy and confused as Senator Harry Reid. Reid says today that if he needs to change the second amendment, then that’s what he’s here to do. Hold it! Stop the presses. I thought we elected these people to uphold our constitutional rights. Not rewrite it to further the lefts adgendas to divide our country and start civil unrest. Maybe we need to remind these unofficial officials just what thier duties are. They best stop and listen to the people who this country belongs too. They have an adgendas to did arm America to control the people. Not for the people to control the government. They are going too far.

4. Don Harris says:

The only problem with all of this is that it bears none of the hallmarks of “Right wing extremism”. Right-Wing Extremists would be more likely to target federal assets, such as an IRS office, or a DHS “nerve cell”. Furthermore a brief look at history shows that Leftists are FAR more prone to radical violence than anyone else in the nation, including Muslims.
    The type of device used, and the area of emplacement is actually very typical of Islamic terrorists. It attacked a gathering place at a public venue, used multiple devices, and was intended to inflict heavy injuries/casualties.

5. Richard Mahony says:

‘Expert blames right-wing terrorists for Boston Marathon bombings [1]

THE fatal explosions at the Boston Marathon have hints of a right-wing terrorist attack rather than al-Qaeda-inspired extremism, according to one of the world’s leading experts on counter-terrorism.

Richard Barrett, the former United Nations co-ordinator for the al-Qaeda and Taliban monitoring team, said it was too early to say who was to blame for the blasts.

But Barrett, who has served with MI5, MI6 and the British Foreign Office, said the timing of the attack on Patriots’ Day and the relatively small size of the devices suggested the work of a domestic extremist.

Barrett, who is now senior director at the Qatar International Academy for Security Studies (QIASS), said: “At the moment it looks more likely that it was a right-wing terrorist incident, rather than an al Qaeda attack because of the size of the devices.”

He added: “This happened on Patriots’ Day, it is also the day Americans are supposed to have their taxes in, and Boston is quite a symbolic city. These are all little indicators.”

Professor Greg Barton from Monash University’s Centre for Islam and the Modern World said there were “two big possibilities” of who was behind the attacks.

“There’s been at least 50 attempted terror plots since 9/11 in the US, almost all of them have been jihadi groups, but the fact that no-one’s claiming responsibility for this attack, which took place on Patriots’ Day – the day that marks the beginning of the American revolution in Boston – and the nature of the device means that the possibility of a home-grown group, somebody like Timothy McVeigh the Oklahoma City bomber who also detonated on Patriots’ Day in April 1995, is a strong possibility,” he told 3AW Radio in Melbourne.’

[[1} From http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/expert-blames-right-wing-terrorists/story-fnd134gw-1226622108987

6. tim says:

is that chris matthews or andy warhol?

7. General Electric's BIG DOG says:

The man should apologize for his inconsiderate comment that was made with the sole purpose of agitating his viewers to hate the Republican half of the country. MSNBC should release him from the network, but we all know they won’t do that because they support his comment. Fortunately, only a small group of people watch his show and those viewers already hang on every word he says so I’m sure they, too, believe this bombing was the work of the Right. What a classless piece of scum Chris Matthews is.

8. Roger Mitchell says:

Hey the only race that is now far game are the Caucasians always . Just watch any show its always the white guy thats the buffoon who needs to be straightened out by the far more intelligent black man or better yet Black woman . I myself have lost contract bids to Minority company’s that for not other reason then being a white contractor I was better qualified and more experienced and had a prove record of many decades as a quality contractor to loose to an up start Minority owned company who in most cases just turned around and subbed out the contracts to people like myself as they could not perform the work.. I lost one bid of several Million dollars to a Minority contractor he and his daughter in a old beat up van . He got the contract 1.5 mil over the next lowest bidder only to turn around and sub the work out to the 3rd lowest white bidder then pocketed a cool 2.5 mil for just being black and who pays for that on a state job ? thats fair ? The Federal Gov made me what I am.. when it comes to dealing with race .. All over this country they lowered the educational standards to help them achieve they get in with less and get furtherer with less and they just get. Like in my trades they lowered the testing standards for far its unreal and then made the testing open book and supplied the books and turned out millions of skilled labor mechanics that most can not spell electrician or Plumber

I get so sick of Obama all his spewing about fair play level playing field and all that crap I bear nobody ill will I just say make them all hold up to the very same standards , Just like the Housing buying boom of the mid 90′s Bill Clinton mandated the Minorities get new federally insured home a non minority could not I had to jump through hoops to build a new home then they as usual did not stand up to the payments and tore the homes to shit and I went in and repaired them by the hundreds at the Fed Gov expense who pays for that ? and then this Crash in 08 09 was directly laid at that door of Barney Fruit cake frank and drunken Dodd and Bill Clinton.. I had a section housing 8 contract for the local HUD office and I have had the chance to buy 100.00′s of dollars worth of Food stamps for 25.00 CASH I have been in many Homes when the welfare rep came to check on the poor pregnant momma with 10 kids and a damn man was hiding in the kitchen closet or ran out the back to the vacant place next door .

Now let me go further I had to drop out of school at 15 yrs old go to work full time to survive as I was all but an orphan and took myself up myself was Drafted in late 68 lost an eye and hearing in my left ear got a little Va pension.. I built my company from the ground up raised 3 children alone from 72 got them all through college and I paid the bill in 2001 I had a drunk to hit me head on in a F350 dong 62 MPH I was in a ranger going 30 slowing to make a turn cop with radar was 1 car behind me I was in a coma for a month then 3 more yrs in a Hospital bed I took care of myself and my children helped out after I was up and able to move about I go to see about Disability I’ve been paying in since I was 13 working part time .. But I was refused as I did not file in the 5 yr time limit I took care of myself I tried to hobble around and do what I could then only to have a black woman standing behind a supply counter telling me I needed a better lawyer as she was on 80% and working I guess I did not have the complexion to get that connection.. Bury your heard but what comes round goes round ..
    I’d suggest you take time read some history from say 1963 till today and see the pattern and whats happened to this nation .. You’ll find until 65 Blacks tried to elevate themselves to a higher standard and was doing better then in the mid 70′s early 80′s whites kids were being sucked down into that culture Hip Hop shit.. Now look where we are at.. Name me a city they have taken control of that survived or neighborhood , Don’t try to run that raciest shit on me I no some blacks that did well but they are all called Porch Monkeys or Uncle Toms house Negroes or Oreo cookies by their own people who never took the time to read abook to better themselves . I had no favors handed to me I started to operate a shovel full time at 15 yrs old on a construction site and worked my way up.. I hired tow Blacks once one stole 3,000 pump from my site trailer and the other was caught screwing his girlfriend on the Drs desk when he was supposed to be cutting up the concrete flooring.. I’m no raciest But I’;m not stupid or easily fooled either .. You be all you can be with your money and company .. But I’d suggest you read some history books starting with the LBJ 1965 give away and also on that was Ted Kennedy’s Immigration reform see how that treated whites or non monitories Being called raciest means nothing to me I’ve been called worse I just speak the truth and can back that up with facts and Liberail ass kissers can not stand that ! Always first thing from their mouth is (Raciest )like the kid who cried wolf ever read that fable ?

1. Jeff says:

The commenters here are pretty ignorant. The radical right does not mean Republicans it means right wing groups such as Neo- Nazis and armed religious compounds.

2. Chris says:

If that’s true and you can prove it, what are you doing here whining about it rather than suing someone? And you’re not a racist, but you’ve decided all black people are lazy thieves based on having hired two of them that didn’t work out. You are definitely full of something, but it’s not facts. At least the guy up the page is up front about being a giant racist.

9. TAK says:

Huh? The MSNBC hate America crowd is less crazy? Hello pot, this is kettle, you’re black.

10. R says:

I thought muslims generally vote democrat. The liberal media refuses to refer to these terrorist as islamic terrorist but instead wants to refer to them as right wing (republican) terrorists. Next time you hear right wing, you’ll instatntly think of the Boston Bombings, then you’ll associate Republicans to this terrorism.

1. Chris says:

Depends on the Muslim, a lot of fundamentalist Muslims vote Republican because you share religious extremism and hatred of women and gay people. By the by, they are Right Wing terrorists and you have way more in common with them than you want to admit.

11. maak says:

Here it is Sunday and all the videos of Matthews blaming the dirty extremist rights are already not working and I can’imagine why that would be.

Gordon-Levitt eyes Snowden role
Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt is expected to play Edward Snowden in an Oliver Stone-directed movie about Snowden’s life, Variety reports. “The Snowden Files” would be based on the book about the NSA leaks written by Snowden’s lawyer, Anatoly Kucherena, which is considered the closest thing to a documented account of the events. Stone acquired the rights to […]
'Madam Secretary' wants an ideal D.C.
CBS’s new show “Madam Secretary” may be inspired by some of the most polarizing and entrenched political figures in Washington D.C., but the showrunners and cast say they want to portray a less polarizing and negative D.C. on screen. POLITICO’s Playbook Lunch on Friday featured show creator Barbara Hall, executive producers Morgan Freeman and Lori […]
Obama praises Joan Rivers

President Obama must really want to maintain his popularity in Hollywood. Why else would he write a letter to Melissa Rivers praising her mother and late comedian Joan Rivers, the same woman who called him gay and his wife a "tranny" in July?

TDS: Biden hasn't been out of the house

"The Daily Show" had some fun Thursday night with the VP's recent double whammy of off-color remarks.

GoT Author to host Democrat Fundraiser
The red fundraiser? In this case, the appropriate color is probably blue. George R.R. Martin, the author of the popular book series “A Song of Ice and Fire” and the inspiration for HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” will host a fundraiser for Sen. Tom Udall (D- N.M.) in early October. According to Udall’s campaign, the event will […]

Lois Lerner speaks: ‘I didn’t do anything wrong’

Former IRS official Lois Lerner has opened up to the public in a lengthy interview with POLITICO.

Michelle Obama says Americans ‘take for granted’ Obama’s presidency
First Lady Michelle Obama proudly defended her husband during a speech at the opening reception of the Democratic National Committee’s Women’s Leadership Forum, telling the audience that people take her husband “for granted.” “Just think about how different our country looks to children growing up today. Think about how our kids take for granted that a […]
Security breaches prompt more White House security
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Secret Service tightened security outside the White House after an embarrassing breach in which a man with a knife scaled a fence, ran across the lawn and made it all the way inside before agents stopped him. Increased surveillance and more officer patrols are among the measures that Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ordered. […]
He gaffes again! Biden praises disgraced former Senator Bob Packwood

Ranking Joe Biden gaffes is like running down the deck of the Titanic -- in the end it's just a race to the bottom and no one ever wins. And yet the vice president continues to provide more candidates for his greatest hits.

Joe Biden should never be allowed to support a Redskins name change

Imagine for a moment a tied Senate vote urging the Washington Redskins to change their team name. Into the chamber steps Joe Biden.

House GOP replaces firm handling Obama suit
THE HILL — House Republicans said they’ve hired new counsel to represent them in their lawsuit against President Obama after their previous lawyer backed out of the case over “political pressure.” They inked a contract on Friday with William A. Burck of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart. The New York Times reported that the GOP’s previous attorney, David Rivkin of […]
Convicted felon running for Congress

Edwin W. Edwards recently spent nine years in prison after being convicted for extorting millions of dollars in exchange for riverboat gambling licenses, and now he's running for office.

Rand Paul: Millennials 'aren't as wedded to party'
Sen. Rand Paul (R – Ky.) seems to have the majority of millennials figured out. The presidential hopeful spoke with The Federalist this week about his foreign policy views and the shift toward libertarian views among millennials. “I think the libertarian influence, the libertarian-ish Republican, the libertarian conservatives in many ways is great for the […]
Democrats turn on Debbie Wasserman Schultz
POLITICO – Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is in a behind-the-scenes struggle with the White House, congressional Democrats and Washington insiders who have lost confidence in her as both a unifying leader and reliable party spokesperson at a time when they need her most. Long-simmering doubts about her have reached a peak after two […]
'Finally, we're gonna audit the Fed'

The House passed a bill Wednesday afternoon to audit the Federal Reserve, a long-time crusade of former Rep. Ron Paul and libertarians.