The 2014 '30 Under 30'

Congrats to this year's 30 -- check out the full list here!

Chris Matthews blames radical right for Boston Marathon bombings

Chris MatthewsLeave it to MSNBC’s Chris Matthews to make the most ridiculous comments about who was behind Monday’s Boston Marathon bombings.

While Boston police, city officials and the FBI were just beginning their investigation into the cause of the bombings – which killed at least three people and injured at least 150 – Matthews was busy adding his own two cents as to whom the perpetrator may have been.

“Normally, domestic terrorist people tend to be on the far right, although that’s not a good category,” Matthews said on Monday’s show. “Extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like that? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much, or its politics, or its government, that they just want to do the damage – that they don’t care if they get public credit if you will.”

Fortunately, his guest – NBC terrorism analyst Michael Leiter – quickly shifted the focus of his answer away from Matthews’ outlandish assertions. He rightly said that that while many groups, including al-Queda, will likely take credit for the bombing, it is the job of the FBI and the Boston police to determine if the claims are actually real.

As if that wasn’t enough, Matthews then goes on to blame those who have a vendetta against the Kennedy family for the bombings, as it was thought at one point Monday that a fire at the JFK Presidential Library just outside downtown Boston may have been related as well.

“Again, it’s an early situation, but looking at the Kennedy library, not something at Bunker Hill, not something from the freedom trail or anything that kind of historic, but a modern political figure of the Democratic party,” Matthews asked Leiter. “Does that tell you anything?”

Truthfully, we’re shocked that he didn’t attribute the bombings to racism as well!

You can watch Matthews’ ridiculous allegations in the video below:

h/t Mediaite

Comments

Comments

1. Roger Mitchell says:

This guy Matthews if simply crazy or crazed ? I think MSNBC should do a back ground check on this damn fool after the quiver up his leg stops , What man in his right mind would say that about another male ? And MSNBC purports they are a real or legitimate news organization ? Then the put old fried died laid on the side slick haired Al Sharpton hat black SOB has never stood next to the truth on a show of his own and then the Long Neck Dyke Madcow wow what a line up . And god only knows how many have come and gone in the last few yrs as they call real journalist with no axe to grind ! I know I never stop there I just see the stupidity they display on other channels as a funny moment ..

1. uma says:

indoctrinated zombie. this is not an ideological battle of left vs right, GOP vs Dems, Socialism vs liberty. This is ethnic warfare against white people.

Why do hostile globalist elite defend Israel as a Jewish ethnostate with Jewish only immigration, but ravage white majority Europe/North America into a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural Gulag with dystopian non-White colonization?

Why do gullible Whites cuckold for murderous Jewish/Crypto-Jewish commissars, who butcher White soldiers in bankrupting wars, confiscate White people’s guns, infiltrate/subvert our banks & spying agencies, indoctrinate White kids in academia/mass media, & plunder White jobs, wages?

East Asia is 99% yellow. Africa is 90% Black. West Asia is 99% Brown. But 3rd world colonizers are annihilating Whites, just as China is swamping Tibet. Genocidal Jewish commissars murdered 100 million White Europeans from 1917 onwards. Jews exterminated countless tribes since Old Testament.

“Native” Americans are not native. They invaded from East Asia. They slaughtered countless women/children. Muslims, Jews, China, India, Mayans, Africans all are guilty of slavery, genocide. From Greeks till today, Whites have been victims of Jewish, Turkic, Islamic, African slavery, genocide, imperialism.

Gullible Whites should reject subversive anti-White ideologies – libertarianism, feminism, liberalism, socialism, & reject hostile slanders of racism, collectivism.

Love to all humanity, but White people must unite & organize to defend & advance their families, their fertility, their interests, their homelands. Urgent reading list:
      goo.gl/iB777 , goo.gl/htyeq , amazon.com/dp/0759672229 , amazon.com/dp/1410792617

1. Richard Long says:

Uma, put the crack pipe down

2. Rebecca Pick says:

I cannot believe how stupid Chris Matthews; & Zimmerman is a Democrat. You, Matthews, is such a fool!!!
      Anything that happens, you blame onto the Republicans. You are a sorry case.

3. Richard Long says:

Gee Roger,
      None of the people you menton seem any crazier than Hannity, Beck, O’Reilly, and the rest of the racist hate mongers at FOX

2. Jimmy says:

I think this guy is a poor, poor, example of a journalist! and I use that term very lightly. NBC brass need to do something about him. I am so offended at what he said about a “possible” bomber of the Boston marathon. This guy is a joke and should be taken off the air asap!

3. Bo says:

Chris Matthews is about as crazy and confused as Senator Harry Reid. Reid says today that if he needs to change the second amendment, then that’s what he’s here to do. Hold it! Stop the presses. I thought we elected these people to uphold our constitutional rights. Not rewrite it to further the lefts adgendas to divide our country and start civil unrest. Maybe we need to remind these unofficial officials just what thier duties are. They best stop and listen to the people who this country belongs too. They have an adgendas to did arm America to control the people. Not for the people to control the government. They are going too far.

4. Don Harris says:

The only problem with all of this is that it bears none of the hallmarks of “Right wing extremism”. Right-Wing Extremists would be more likely to target federal assets, such as an IRS office, or a DHS “nerve cell”. Furthermore a brief look at history shows that Leftists are FAR more prone to radical violence than anyone else in the nation, including Muslims.
    The type of device used, and the area of emplacement is actually very typical of Islamic terrorists. It attacked a gathering place at a public venue, used multiple devices, and was intended to inflict heavy injuries/casualties.

5. Richard Mahony says:

‘Expert blames right-wing terrorists for Boston Marathon bombings [1]

THE fatal explosions at the Boston Marathon have hints of a right-wing terrorist attack rather than al-Qaeda-inspired extremism, according to one of the world’s leading experts on counter-terrorism.

Richard Barrett, the former United Nations co-ordinator for the al-Qaeda and Taliban monitoring team, said it was too early to say who was to blame for the blasts.

But Barrett, who has served with MI5, MI6 and the British Foreign Office, said the timing of the attack on Patriots’ Day and the relatively small size of the devices suggested the work of a domestic extremist.

Barrett, who is now senior director at the Qatar International Academy for Security Studies (QIASS), said: “At the moment it looks more likely that it was a right-wing terrorist incident, rather than an al Qaeda attack because of the size of the devices.”

He added: “This happened on Patriots’ Day, it is also the day Americans are supposed to have their taxes in, and Boston is quite a symbolic city. These are all little indicators.”

Professor Greg Barton from Monash University’s Centre for Islam and the Modern World said there were “two big possibilities” of who was behind the attacks.

“There’s been at least 50 attempted terror plots since 9/11 in the US, almost all of them have been jihadi groups, but the fact that no-one’s claiming responsibility for this attack, which took place on Patriots’ Day – the day that marks the beginning of the American revolution in Boston – and the nature of the device means that the possibility of a home-grown group, somebody like Timothy McVeigh the Oklahoma City bomber who also detonated on Patriots’ Day in April 1995, is a strong possibility,” he told 3AW Radio in Melbourne.’

[[1} From http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/expert-blames-right-wing-terrorists/story-fnd134gw-1226622108987

6. tim says:

is that chris matthews or andy warhol?

7. General Electric's BIG DOG says:

The man should apologize for his inconsiderate comment that was made with the sole purpose of agitating his viewers to hate the Republican half of the country. MSNBC should release him from the network, but we all know they won’t do that because they support his comment. Fortunately, only a small group of people watch his show and those viewers already hang on every word he says so I’m sure they, too, believe this bombing was the work of the Right. What a classless piece of scum Chris Matthews is.

8. Roger Mitchell says:

Hey the only race that is now far game are the Caucasians always . Just watch any show its always the white guy thats the buffoon who needs to be straightened out by the far more intelligent black man or better yet Black woman . I myself have lost contract bids to Minority company’s that for not other reason then being a white contractor I was better qualified and more experienced and had a prove record of many decades as a quality contractor to loose to an up start Minority owned company who in most cases just turned around and subbed out the contracts to people like myself as they could not perform the work.. I lost one bid of several Million dollars to a Minority contractor he and his daughter in a old beat up van . He got the contract 1.5 mil over the next lowest bidder only to turn around and sub the work out to the 3rd lowest white bidder then pocketed a cool 2.5 mil for just being black and who pays for that on a state job ? thats fair ? The Federal Gov made me what I am.. when it comes to dealing with race .. All over this country they lowered the educational standards to help them achieve they get in with less and get furtherer with less and they just get. Like in my trades they lowered the testing standards for far its unreal and then made the testing open book and supplied the books and turned out millions of skilled labor mechanics that most can not spell electrician or Plumber

I get so sick of Obama all his spewing about fair play level playing field and all that crap I bear nobody ill will I just say make them all hold up to the very same standards , Just like the Housing buying boom of the mid 90′s Bill Clinton mandated the Minorities get new federally insured home a non minority could not I had to jump through hoops to build a new home then they as usual did not stand up to the payments and tore the homes to shit and I went in and repaired them by the hundreds at the Fed Gov expense who pays for that ? and then this Crash in 08 09 was directly laid at that door of Barney Fruit cake frank and drunken Dodd and Bill Clinton.. I had a section housing 8 contract for the local HUD office and I have had the chance to buy 100.00′s of dollars worth of Food stamps for 25.00 CASH I have been in many Homes when the welfare rep came to check on the poor pregnant momma with 10 kids and a damn man was hiding in the kitchen closet or ran out the back to the vacant place next door .

Now let me go further I had to drop out of school at 15 yrs old go to work full time to survive as I was all but an orphan and took myself up myself was Drafted in late 68 lost an eye and hearing in my left ear got a little Va pension.. I built my company from the ground up raised 3 children alone from 72 got them all through college and I paid the bill in 2001 I had a drunk to hit me head on in a F350 dong 62 MPH I was in a ranger going 30 slowing to make a turn cop with radar was 1 car behind me I was in a coma for a month then 3 more yrs in a Hospital bed I took care of myself and my children helped out after I was up and able to move about I go to see about Disability I’ve been paying in since I was 13 working part time .. But I was refused as I did not file in the 5 yr time limit I took care of myself I tried to hobble around and do what I could then only to have a black woman standing behind a supply counter telling me I needed a better lawyer as she was on 80% and working I guess I did not have the complexion to get that connection.. Bury your heard but what comes round goes round ..
    I’d suggest you take time read some history from say 1963 till today and see the pattern and whats happened to this nation .. You’ll find until 65 Blacks tried to elevate themselves to a higher standard and was doing better then in the mid 70′s early 80′s whites kids were being sucked down into that culture Hip Hop shit.. Now look where we are at.. Name me a city they have taken control of that survived or neighborhood , Don’t try to run that raciest shit on me I no some blacks that did well but they are all called Porch Monkeys or Uncle Toms house Negroes or Oreo cookies by their own people who never took the time to read abook to better themselves . I had no favors handed to me I started to operate a shovel full time at 15 yrs old on a construction site and worked my way up.. I hired tow Blacks once one stole 3,000 pump from my site trailer and the other was caught screwing his girlfriend on the Drs desk when he was supposed to be cutting up the concrete flooring.. I’m no raciest But I’;m not stupid or easily fooled either .. You be all you can be with your money and company .. But I’d suggest you read some history books starting with the LBJ 1965 give away and also on that was Ted Kennedy’s Immigration reform see how that treated whites or non monitories Being called raciest means nothing to me I’ve been called worse I just speak the truth and can back that up with facts and Liberail ass kissers can not stand that ! Always first thing from their mouth is (Raciest )like the kid who cried wolf ever read that fable ?

1. Jeff says:

The commenters here are pretty ignorant. The radical right does not mean Republicans it means right wing groups such as Neo- Nazis and armed religious compounds.

2. Chris says:

If that’s true and you can prove it, what are you doing here whining about it rather than suing someone? And you’re not a racist, but you’ve decided all black people are lazy thieves based on having hired two of them that didn’t work out. You are definitely full of something, but it’s not facts. At least the guy up the page is up front about being a giant racist.

9. TAK says:

Huh? The MSNBC hate America crowd is less crazy? Hello pot, this is kettle, you’re black.

10. R says:

I thought muslims generally vote democrat. The liberal media refuses to refer to these terrorist as islamic terrorist but instead wants to refer to them as right wing (republican) terrorists. Next time you hear right wing, you’ll instatntly think of the Boston Bombings, then you’ll associate Republicans to this terrorism.

1. Chris says:

Depends on the Muslim, a lot of fundamentalist Muslims vote Republican because you share religious extremism and hatred of women and gay people. By the by, they are Right Wing terrorists and you have way more in common with them than you want to admit.

11. maak says:

Here it is Sunday and all the videos of Matthews blaming the dirty extremist rights are already not working and I can’imagine why that would be.

Defining Obama and Kerry's friendship
Despite being an “early supporter” of President Barack Obama and one of his most outspoken Hollywood advocates, “Scandal” actress Kerry Washington is not so sure she is allowed to call herself Obama’s friend just yet. During an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” Thursday night, Washington said it was “so presumptuous” to say she was a […]
The story behind a 'House of Cards' line
New House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy is now the number two man in the U.S. House of Representatives. But before he moved up the ranks, he served as the House majority whip and the inspiration for parts of Kevin Spacey’s Frank Underwood character on Netflix’s “House of Cards.” In an interview with People magazine, McCarthy […]
Actor: Obama needs to 'grow some'

Actor David Boreanaz tweeted Wednesday evening that Obama needs to "grow some" and more effectively and authoritatively deal with Russian President Vladimir Putin and his country's recent interference in Ukraine.

Gyllenhaal no longer believes in Obama
President Barack Obama has always been popular with the Hollywood crowd, but at least one of his most vocal champions and heavy donors has changed her mind about the president. Academy Award-nominee Maggie Gyllenhaal told Time Magazine that she has grown disillusioned with Obama. “I really believed in him, and I’m not sure what he […]
Jay Carney: Obama can make friends

Former White House press secretary Jay Carney appeared on "The Late Show" Wednesday to discuss his departure from President Obama's White House.

Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9-11

President Barack Obama described U.S. interrogation techniques after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks in stunning terms Friday, saying that the country is guilty of "torture."

Obama calls Katy Perry ‘one of my favorite people’, Perry allows Republican mom to meet the president this time
While President Barack Obama may have lost the support of a couple of celebrities recently, his longtime supporter and “California Gurl” Katy Perry is sticking by his side. The “Birthday” singer performed at a White House event Thursday night for Special Olympians and pool reports indicated that the event was certainly a star-studded affair to […]
CIA: Yeah, we totally spied on the Senate, after all

An internal CIA investigation confirmed charges that the agency wrongfully hacked into a computer network used by the Senate Intelligence Committee, it was reported Thursday.

New emails reveal Lois Lerner talked way too much smack about right wing on official phone

An email exchange between Lois Lerner and an unnamed individual made public Wednesday reveals that the former IRS official doesn't care too much for talk radio.

Fact check needed on Obama’s Kansas City speech, states with minimum wage increases didn’t see higher job growth
It’s time for a fact check on the president’s latest proclamation about the need for an increase to the minimum wage. President Barack Obama continued his tour across America Wednesday with a speech on the economy in Kansas City, Miss. and meals with more letter writers. Per usual, Obama brought up his attempts to bring […]

Rep. Gowdy schools law prof in IRS hearing
Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) is getting a reputation for intense, rapid-fire cross examinations of witnesses called to testify about the IRS scandal. The former prosecutor again put his rhetorical skills on display during a hearing Wednesday, when he grilled University of Baltimore law professor Charles Tiefer about the need to appoint special counsel to investigate […]
Border Bill sparks Congressional poetry slam
He’s a poet, and you didn’t even know it. After the House of Representatives on Thursday cancelled a vote on an emergency aid package for the southwest border,  Rep. Jim Himes (D-Conn.) took to rhyme to express his frustration with the alleged catalyst of the cancelled vote: Sen. Ted Cruz. Sittin' at my desk, Watchin' the […]
Cantor to resign from Congress Aug. 18
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — After a surprise primary election loss, U.S. Rep. Eric Cantor will resign his seat in the House of Representatives months earlier than expected. The congressman will step down Aug. 18 and ask Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe to call a special election to enable his successor to take office immediately, Cantor spokesman Doug Heye said Friday. […]
Rubio and Cruz break rank on border bills
Two likely candidates for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination have broke with their party on immigration issues in the last week, earning the approval of Democrats, but drawing criticism from the right. Sen. Ted Cruz (R- Texas) irked many in the GOP when he met with House Republicans, urging them to vote against a proposed […]
Dem. Rep. forgot she cosponsored Bush impeachment
Impeachment talk has gotten some Democrats so riled up they’ve forgotten their history. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, (D – Texas) argued on Wednesday that Republican efforts to sue President Barack Obama were only a “veiled attempt at impeachment.” She tried to claim the moral high ground, saying that Democrats never attempted to impeach President George […]