Alex Jones: ‘You turn on MSNBC, it’s like the Ku Klux Klan channel!’

Alex JonesThere is a difference between being fiery and crossing a line, and controversial talk radio host Alex Jones crossed that line when he deemed the liberal news network MSNBC the “Klu Klux Klan” channel.

“You turn on MSNBC, it’s like the Ku Klux Klan channel, but it’s from a liberal perspective,” Jones argued on his own radio show on Friday. “Just race, everything race.”

“I’m so sick of it!” he shouted continuing his tirade against MSNBC. “I’m so tired of it. Shut up! I wasn’t raised like that. Nobody I know is. I’m sick of it. They just want everybody at each other’s throats while they’re robbing us. And it’s all a giant hoax.”

A recent poll by the Pew Research Center did reveal MSNBC as the most opinionated news station finding 85 percent of its content in 2012 was opinion-related.

And while much of this opinionated content is race-related, comparing something to the “Klu Klux Klan” — a hate group where many of its members were convicted for the murder of African Americans — is unwarranted.

Recently, Jones made many gun advocates proud when he passionately defended the Second Amendment to CNN host Piers Morgan. Jones is also the brains behind the White House petition to deport Morgan after the CNN host continued to bash gun owners.

But in this case, the radio host slipped up when he compared MSNBC to a group not only associated with racism, but violence and murder. The KKK is still a sensitive subject for many and Jones should issue less cringe-worthy insults next time.

It can’t be that hard to find ways to skewer the liberal news station. It is MSNBC after all.

h/t Newsbusters

1. ckehoss says:

Maybe if you stop speaking from a point that sound paranoia, you would be able to get the opposition to listen to you. I’m just saying.

2. Steve Schaal says:

They are the KKK, Chris Mathews worked for Jimmy Carter who as Governor of Georgia would go horseback riding with members of the Klan. Harry Truman was a member as was Robert Byrd. The Democrats have never apologies for the Klan, Jim Crow or slavery. MSNBC is still using racism to create hate between the races. They still attack people for being republican wile black. You can say that they no longer lynch people but that is not much of a change.

3. DAG says:

Alex is right. MSNBC is the KKK propaganda arm of the liberal media! If you don’t agree with the left wing agenda you label a racist and bigot by Chrissy Mathews, Larry ‘the lair’ and all the dopes.

4. Tom says:

5. Ben says:

Poor poor MSNBC. There entire focus as an organization is to misinform. Alex Jones is referring to the fact that they CONSTANTLY make issues about race and perpetuate this reverse racism garbage. I am not responsible for the crimes of past generations. I am responsible for my own actions. I feel no amount of guilt for things done before I was even born. It’s important to know and learn from the past, not to live there.

6. Michael Ashby says:

You’re taking this out of context somewhat, considering he’s just making a slightly exaggerated comparison about the kkk,
    I’m 14 years old and can understand that msnbc is for lack of a better term “all about race.”

7. Sprachnessmonster says:

All Americans have an association with a violence promoting, racist, and murderous organization. It’s called the United States Government.

8. Alex says:

Jones is just a fool. He thinks the answer to gun violence is more guns.
    A school teacher friend of mine said giving guns to teachers can only be suggested by someone who is out to lunch. Some teachers are unstable. What happens with the children taking the gun or guns by accident or on purpose. Alex Jones is an outdated right wing extremest libertarian.