S.E. Cupp backs out of CPAC over GOProud

One by one, the folks over at MSNBC are jumping the CPAC ship.

Conservative pundit and contributor to TheBlaze TV S.E. Cupp has announced that she will not be speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference this year, citing the same reason as fellow MSNBC-er Chris Hayes: GOProud and the Log Cabin Republicans, both LGBT conservative groups, are not allowed to sponsor the event.

“As a proponent of gay rights, CPAC’s decision to sideline GOProud and Log Cabin Republicans makes me increasingly uncomfortable,” she said on Tuesday. “These are conservatives who have had to work doubly hard to advance conservative messages and we should be rewarding them with positions of prominence.”

Cupp said that while she has had a close relationship with CPAC in the past and considers the event a highlight of her year, she refuses to be involved in a conference that shuns such important advocates for conservative ideals.

“I have been thinking about this a lot, and I know a lot of people on my side of the aisle have been struggling with this for some time now, too,” Cupp said. “I’ve been scheduled to speak at CPAC this year, and I just don’t think I can until this issue is reconciled and figured out.”

Comments

Comments

1. Bob Davis says:

Good riddance. This is like saying, “My City Council wants to ban guns, so I won’t go in front of them to talk about it.” Sheesh.

2. Eric Coddington says:

I am very glad you brought this to my attention. What concerns me is that CPAC is not looking at the big view. I respect gay and Lesbian as Americans, though I am Straight 100%. CPAC members has dogs and cats that are not straight. So are they going to take them to a dog pound, no way dude. So a lizzard learns english talks and gets Citizenship and is born in America. Well you get it- let God do
    his job CPAC who is not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, maybe the Gospel of Christ is ashamed of you! A American is American is American and as a Republican and American I have a message for CPAC, Christ died for All. do not take things out of context, and show hate! Reconsider before like the Romans you become a has been ! Wake Up People !

1. Eric, what are you on about? Do you even know what you’re saying? I don’t think you do.

G-d says, pretty clearly, that homosexuality is wrong. So why would the “Gospel of Christ” be ashamed of CPAC for… following what G-d says?

1. jason says:

Nick, Ummm, perhaps god didn’t say it. Were you there? None of us were so we have to take the word of regular human beings who wrote at the time; humans with biases and prejudices injected into their writings of the bible. Believe in god absolutely- question the word of human beings always… including the ones who penned the good book. You’ll serve humanity better that way.

1. Jason… Ever read Romans chapter 1? Start there, then we’ll talk.

2. Eric Coddington says:

Yes It is wrong in Gods word and to us Christians. How ever it does not stop a person from being
          a America” that is my Point.” So let that opinion that they are not allowed to be Americans be the
          the Holy Spirit ..

3. Eric Coddington says:

a America” that is my Point.” So let the opinion that they are not allowed to be Americans be the
          way CPAC looks at it ! God did not put them in charge of American Citizenship. To stop a person because they disagree on a issue is stupid. You and I disagree here, but I want to win this time the man I vote for or woman. I want CPAC to be able to succeed, but not thinking they will as many Republicans are considering backing out, and many citizens offended. The Hill Just today said CPAC is wrong “GOP Lawmaker: CPAC Snub of Christie shows narrow minded bigotry.” I Agree, so I offer my opinion a little more clear. What does my opinion about my Heavenly Father have to do with CPAC not allowing Christie in brother !?? You knew what I was saying, but not like a lot of other Christians I do not shove my views down any ones throat! It is only my job to tell. God’s job to convict through the Holy Spirit ..

3. JohnInFlorida says:

CONSERVATIVE pac … maybe others will get the hint.

1. Republicans Lose With Your Views says:

“CONSERVATIVE pac … maybe others will get the hint.”

Voters already did. They threw the Republican Party out and voted against them, all up and down the line, with a weak incumbent Democrat in the midst of a dreadful economy. “Conservatives” with their purity tests have transformed the Republican Party from a major and competitive political entity into a little club that the vast majority of Americans aren’t “good enough” for.

And the vast majority of Americans have responded by voting against the Republicans in election after election.

You’d think that someone who is interested in the future of conservatism might want to examine why that ideology is currently in free-fall. (Hint: It has a lot to do with exclusion).

1. Eric Coddington says:

I agree 100% but truly CPAC does not speak for me as a Republican ! So because you
        in this case are correct. I can say in it’s context that group of Republicans (CPAC) Suck!

Republican for a better tomorrow!

God Bless America & God Bless Our Republic !