Deadline Extended

Know a young conservative who should be on Red Alert's 2015 '30 Under 30' List? Nominate them by May 29.

S.E. Cupp backs out of CPAC over GOProud

One by one, the folks over at MSNBC are jumping the CPAC ship.

Conservative pundit and contributor to TheBlaze TV S.E. Cupp has announced that she will not be speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference this year, citing the same reason as fellow MSNBC-er Chris Hayes: GOProud and the Log Cabin Republicans, both LGBT conservative groups, are not allowed to sponsor the event.

“As a proponent of gay rights, CPAC’s decision to sideline GOProud and Log Cabin Republicans makes me increasingly uncomfortable,” she said on Tuesday. “These are conservatives who have had to work doubly hard to advance conservative messages and we should be rewarding them with positions of prominence.”

Cupp said that while she has had a close relationship with CPAC in the past and considers the event a highlight of her year, she refuses to be involved in a conference that shuns such important advocates for conservative ideals.

“I have been thinking about this a lot, and I know a lot of people on my side of the aisle have been struggling with this for some time now, too,” Cupp said. “I’ve been scheduled to speak at CPAC this year, and I just don’t think I can until this issue is reconciled and figured out.”

Comments

Comments

1. Bob Davis says:

Good riddance. This is like saying, “My City Council wants to ban guns, so I won’t go in front of them to talk about it.” Sheesh.

2. Eric Coddington says:

I am very glad you brought this to my attention. What concerns me is that CPAC is not looking at the big view. I respect gay and Lesbian as Americans, though I am Straight 100%. CPAC members has dogs and cats that are not straight. So are they going to take them to a dog pound, no way dude. So a lizzard learns english talks and gets Citizenship and is born in America. Well you get it- let God do
    his job CPAC who is not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, maybe the Gospel of Christ is ashamed of you! A American is American is American and as a Republican and American I have a message for CPAC, Christ died for All. do not take things out of context, and show hate! Reconsider before like the Romans you become a has been ! Wake Up People !

1. Eric, what are you on about? Do you even know what you’re saying? I don’t think you do.

G-d says, pretty clearly, that homosexuality is wrong. So why would the “Gospel of Christ” be ashamed of CPAC for… following what G-d says?

1. jason says:

Nick, Ummm, perhaps god didn’t say it. Were you there? None of us were so we have to take the word of regular human beings who wrote at the time; humans with biases and prejudices injected into their writings of the bible. Believe in god absolutely- question the word of human beings always… including the ones who penned the good book. You’ll serve humanity better that way.

1. Jason… Ever read Romans chapter 1? Start there, then we’ll talk.

2. Eric Coddington says:

Yes It is wrong in Gods word and to us Christians. How ever it does not stop a person from being
          a America” that is my Point.” So let that opinion that they are not allowed to be Americans be the
          the Holy Spirit ..

3. Eric Coddington says:

a America” that is my Point.” So let the opinion that they are not allowed to be Americans be the
          way CPAC looks at it ! God did not put them in charge of American Citizenship. To stop a person because they disagree on a issue is stupid. You and I disagree here, but I want to win this time the man I vote for or woman. I want CPAC to be able to succeed, but not thinking they will as many Republicans are considering backing out, and many citizens offended. The Hill Just today said CPAC is wrong “GOP Lawmaker: CPAC Snub of Christie shows narrow minded bigotry.” I Agree, so I offer my opinion a little more clear. What does my opinion about my Heavenly Father have to do with CPAC not allowing Christie in brother !?? You knew what I was saying, but not like a lot of other Christians I do not shove my views down any ones throat! It is only my job to tell. God’s job to convict through the Holy Spirit ..

3. JohnInFlorida says:

CONSERVATIVE pac … maybe others will get the hint.

1. Republicans Lose With Your Views says:

“CONSERVATIVE pac … maybe others will get the hint.”

Voters already did. They threw the Republican Party out and voted against them, all up and down the line, with a weak incumbent Democrat in the midst of a dreadful economy. “Conservatives” with their purity tests have transformed the Republican Party from a major and competitive political entity into a little club that the vast majority of Americans aren’t “good enough” for.

And the vast majority of Americans have responded by voting against the Republicans in election after election.

You’d think that someone who is interested in the future of conservatism might want to examine why that ideology is currently in free-fall. (Hint: It has a lot to do with exclusion).

1. Eric Coddington says:

I agree 100% but truly CPAC does not speak for me as a Republican ! So because you
        in this case are correct. I can say in it’s context that group of Republicans (CPAC) Suck!

Republican for a better tomorrow!

God Bless America & God Bless Our Republic !

Anti-Stephanopoulos artwork invades NYC

Posters depicting ABC News anchor George Stephanopolous and a smiling Hillary Clinton with the words "PayPal" and "Donate" written on them have been popping up close to the studio where ABC shoots Good Morning America.

Rubio gets first celeb endorsement

The Florida senator and official GOP candidate for president has just received a big celebrity endorsement from Rick Harrison of the popular show "Pawn Stars," according to a report in the Las Vegas Sun.

Snoop Dogg endorses Hillary Clinton

Snoop Dogg became the latest rapper to endorse the Democratic presidential candidate during his appearance on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" over the weekend.

John Oliver shocked by House NSA reform

John Oliver was shocked to hear that the House recently passed NSA reform.

Introducing the 2016 SNL primary

The weekend comedy show has been skewering candidates for president left and right -- some more than others -- so much so that we thought it a good idea to track the program's focus on specific candidates.

Video

t u

2016

Are LinkedIn users ready for Hillary?

The presidential hopeful announced her arrival to the professional social networking site on Thursday with a post listing “Four Ways to Jump-Start Small Business.”

Clinton Foundation got $26M in undisclosed payments

The Clinton Foundation on Thursday made public that it received up to $26.4 million in previously undisclosed payments from corporations, universities, and even foreign sources, according to the Washington Post.

Clinton got now-classified Benghazi info on email

WASHINGTON (AP) Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton received information on her private email server about the deadly attack on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi that has now been classified.

Clinton hires illegal immigrant to campaign staff

According to the New York Times, the Clinton campaign announced Wednesday that it has hired Lorella Praeli, an illegal immigrant and "Dreamer" activist, to spearhead Hispanic outreach for Hillary ahead of 2016.

AP reporter: Hillary only talking to supporters

According to Associated Press reporter Julie Pace, the small events that have made up the bulk of Hillary's presidential campaign thus far have involved the Democratic candidate only interacting with Americans who support her and not a more representative fraction of the actual U.S. population.

Policy

Professor: Americans can't handle owning guns

In an op-ed for The Dallas Morning News, Prof. John Traphagan, who teaches religious studies and anthropology at the University of Texas at Austin, demands that Americans give up gun ownership after several tragic, high-profile shootings that have taken place recently.

Obama: Climate change is a security 'threat'

Obama spoke of global warming's looming threat during his commencement address to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, Connecticut, Wednesday.

Poll: Most Americans highly value privacy

For all the talk about “privacy,” the word “privacy” can sometimes be a nebulous concept, about which people hold contradictory views.

Poll: Dems support federal ban on hate speech
It seems that a lot of Americans don’t think that freedom of speech should be protected anymore. A poll released Wednesday by YouGov has found that a small majority of the American public support limiting the First Amendment if it means banning hate speech. The poll, conducted in early May, asked respondents whether they would support […]
Rand Paul filibuster highlights

In the end, Rand Paul’s Patriot Act filibuster failed to crack his previous record, clocking in at roughly 10.5 hours.