S.E. Cupp backs out of CPAC over GOProud

One by one, the folks over at MSNBC are jumping the CPAC ship.

Conservative pundit and contributor to TheBlaze TV S.E. Cupp has announced that she will not be speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference this year, citing the same reason as fellow MSNBC-er Chris Hayes: GOProud and the Log Cabin Republicans, both LGBT conservative groups, are not allowed to sponsor the event.

“As a proponent of gay rights, CPAC’s decision to sideline GOProud and Log Cabin Republicans makes me increasingly uncomfortable,” she said on Tuesday. “These are conservatives who have had to work doubly hard to advance conservative messages and we should be rewarding them with positions of prominence.”

Cupp said that while she has had a close relationship with CPAC in the past and considers the event a highlight of her year, she refuses to be involved in a conference that shuns such important advocates for conservative ideals.

“I have been thinking about this a lot, and I know a lot of people on my side of the aisle have been struggling with this for some time now, too,” Cupp said. “I’ve been scheduled to speak at CPAC this year, and I just don’t think I can until this issue is reconciled and figured out.”

Comments

Comments

1. Bob Davis says:

Good riddance. This is like saying, “My City Council wants to ban guns, so I won’t go in front of them to talk about it.” Sheesh.

2. Eric Coddington says:

I am very glad you brought this to my attention. What concerns me is that CPAC is not looking at the big view. I respect gay and Lesbian as Americans, though I am Straight 100%. CPAC members has dogs and cats that are not straight. So are they going to take them to a dog pound, no way dude. So a lizzard learns english talks and gets Citizenship and is born in America. Well you get it- let God do
    his job CPAC who is not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, maybe the Gospel of Christ is ashamed of you! A American is American is American and as a Republican and American I have a message for CPAC, Christ died for All. do not take things out of context, and show hate! Reconsider before like the Romans you become a has been ! Wake Up People !

1. Eric, what are you on about? Do you even know what you’re saying? I don’t think you do.

G-d says, pretty clearly, that homosexuality is wrong. So why would the “Gospel of Christ” be ashamed of CPAC for… following what G-d says?

1. jason says:

Nick, Ummm, perhaps god didn’t say it. Were you there? None of us were so we have to take the word of regular human beings who wrote at the time; humans with biases and prejudices injected into their writings of the bible. Believe in god absolutely- question the word of human beings always… including the ones who penned the good book. You’ll serve humanity better that way.

1. Jason… Ever read Romans chapter 1? Start there, then we’ll talk.

2. Eric Coddington says:

Yes It is wrong in Gods word and to us Christians. How ever it does not stop a person from being
          a America” that is my Point.” So let that opinion that they are not allowed to be Americans be the
          the Holy Spirit ..

3. Eric Coddington says:

a America” that is my Point.” So let the opinion that they are not allowed to be Americans be the
          way CPAC looks at it ! God did not put them in charge of American Citizenship. To stop a person because they disagree on a issue is stupid. You and I disagree here, but I want to win this time the man I vote for or woman. I want CPAC to be able to succeed, but not thinking they will as many Republicans are considering backing out, and many citizens offended. The Hill Just today said CPAC is wrong “GOP Lawmaker: CPAC Snub of Christie shows narrow minded bigotry.” I Agree, so I offer my opinion a little more clear. What does my opinion about my Heavenly Father have to do with CPAC not allowing Christie in brother !?? You knew what I was saying, but not like a lot of other Christians I do not shove my views down any ones throat! It is only my job to tell. God’s job to convict through the Holy Spirit ..

3. JohnInFlorida says:

CONSERVATIVE pac … maybe others will get the hint.

1. Republicans Lose With Your Views says:

“CONSERVATIVE pac … maybe others will get the hint.”

Voters already did. They threw the Republican Party out and voted against them, all up and down the line, with a weak incumbent Democrat in the midst of a dreadful economy. “Conservatives” with their purity tests have transformed the Republican Party from a major and competitive political entity into a little club that the vast majority of Americans aren’t “good enough” for.

And the vast majority of Americans have responded by voting against the Republicans in election after election.

You’d think that someone who is interested in the future of conservatism might want to examine why that ideology is currently in free-fall. (Hint: It has a lot to do with exclusion).

1. Eric Coddington says:

I agree 100% but truly CPAC does not speak for me as a Republican ! So because you
        in this case are correct. I can say in it’s context that group of Republicans (CPAC) Suck!

Republican for a better tomorrow!

God Bless America & God Bless Our Republic !

Ted Cruz loves 'The Simpsons'

Ted Cruz really likes "The Simpsons." The Republican presidential candidate detailed his fandom during an interview on The Federalist Radio Hour Thursday, spotlighting two of his favorite episodes of the cartoon television series.

Rubio asked to 'spit rap lyrics'

Marco Rubio, friend of Pitbull, fan of explicit 90s rap lyrics and Nick Minaj, and 2016 presidential candidate, has sadly declined an offer to perform his lyric-spitting talents on live TV.

Gwyneth Paltrow quits food stamps

According to the New York Post's Page Six, the actress has already dumped the food stamps challenge she agreed to last week, binging on two gourmet dinners in one night.

Maher: Obama should be a better bragger

The host of HBO's "Real Time" labeled the $1 million he donated to a pro-Obama Super PAC in 2012 -- an amount he won't ever give in support of Hillary Clinton -- a "great investment," commending the president on his accomplishments.

Tiny child weeps over Hillary 2016

When Hillary Clinton announced her presidential campaign yesterday, you were probably devastated. So was tiny Zeke here.

t u

2016

Perry knocks 'young' GOP foes ahead of 2016

The possible 2016 contender during remarks to reporters in Nashua, New Hampshire, Thursday compared declared GOP presidential candidates Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio to President Obama in order to illuminate why the young senators aren't yet the right leaders for the White House.

Jeb Bush: 'I don't need to go to Chipotle'

While munching and mingling with fellow Republicans at the Snow Shoe Club in Concord, New Hampshire, Bush was asked whether he frequents the fast-food chain Chipotle, at which Hillary Clinton was photographed purchasing lunch earlier this week in Maumee, Ohio.

Cruz, Rubio, Santorum on attending a gay wedding

Which 2016 candidates--declared or otherwise--would attend the gay marriage of a loved one?

Hillary's 'Scooby' van is handicapped

No, Hillary Clinton is not handicapped at the ripe age of 67. However, that didn't stop the Democratic candidate for president from apparently sticking her "Scooby" van in a handicap parking spot while stopping at a cafe in Council Bluffs, Iowa, Thursday.

Hillary Clinton attacks CEO pay

The now-official Democratic candidate sent an e-mail to supporters following her campaign announcement that lamented the fact that regular Americans currently face economic difficulties "when the average CEO makes about 300 times what the average worker makes"

Policy

The TSA trained Disney World, SeaWorld

Disneyland, where dreams come true and TSA-trained employees are watching your every yawn and fidget and marking you down as a possible terrorist.

Marijuana: Not just for stoners any more

The media always loves to accompany stories about marijuana policy with bad puns and pictures of stoners.

Cruz, Rubio, Santorum on attending a gay wedding

Poll: Millennials financially optimistic

Crippling college debt aside, young people are feeling pretty good about their prospects of late.

Grassley: VA wrongly putting vets on gun ban list

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is demanding the Justice Department account for the fact that a “disproportionate” share of those on a “mental defective” gun ban list are veterans.