The 2014 '30 Under 30'

Congrats to this year's 30 -- check out the full list here!

Gaining Momentum: Now 44 Gun Companies Have Stopped Selling To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

The list of companies that have stopped selling firearms and ammunition to law enforcement agencies in states that are restricting the Second Amendment has more than doubled since Wednesday and is more than five times larger than just one week ago. There are 44 companies on our list, with more being added as we receive notification. Here are the additions since Wednesday:

Barrett Firearms
Norton Firearms
Citizen Arms
Evolution Weaponry
Doublestar Corp
JCW Industries
Huntertown Arms

Here’s a sample of statements from some of the recent additions to the list as well as the positions of the companies that have reached out to TheBlaze directly to declare their policy shift:

Steve Adelmann of Citizen Arms shared the following from his company’s statement, made the day after New York changed its laws:

”Due to legal, ethical and moral concerns, Citizen Arms offers only those custom firearms that are legal for all lawful citizens of a given state to possess, regardless of law enforcement status. LE personnel living in states where citizens must have restrictive features will only receive like product support from Citizen Arms. We’re very appreciative of the sacrifices made by the law enforcement community but we’re even more appreciative of the right guaranteed to all law-abiding US citizens by the Second Amendment to the US Constitution: A well regulated militia, necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”.

Read more at The Blaze.

Comments

Comments

1. ckehoss says:

Sound like folks are finally catching on.

2. JK says:

It’s about time companies stood up for their business and free market. I’m sure they realized that without the 2nd amendment, they would lose market share, competition, and go out of business. With only the government allowed to purchase there is no need for that many companies to be in business.
    Gun control is the only positive thing Obama has done for the economy of this country!

3. Richard Dugger says:

I would like to see a law passed that only United States citizens can own guns inside the boundaries of the United States.

1. Karla Post says:

Federal laws prohibit discrimination based on a person’s national origin, race, color, religion, disability, sex, and familial status. Laws prohibiting national origin discrimination make it illegal to discriminate because of a person’s birthplace, ancestry, culture or language. This means people cannot be denied equal opportunity because they or their family are from another country. http://www.justice.gov/crt/legalinfo/natorigin.php

1. cemery says:

I believe they were speaking of US Citizens, so I agree with each of your statements.

4. Michael B says:

I just hope California is included in that because Senator Fienstien or whatever her name is has boasted she will not only take everyone’s guns away, but has also boasted that California will soon be the strictest state in the country regarding guns, and the Chief of Police in san diego has stated he will disarm san diego county in one generation :\

1. Doug S. says:

Dont forget that California police can fire indiscriminately into random vehicles, severely injuring every-day Citizens, and demand entry into people’s homes at will, and purposefully burn down private property to “smoke out” the bad guy, AND it be considered not only perfectly justified, but called “selfless heros” for it by Wolf Blitzer on CNN.

5. Gary Allison says:

Thank you.

6. Phillip in VA says:

I love this movement. It is growing fast and I hope it keeps growing but we need bigger names on the list like Colt, Remminington, Berrata. That would be a major wake up call to the people that want to control us.

7. Nancy says:

This is such good news. If We The People can’t own certain types of guns neither should our Law inforcement or gov. Now if we can make all laws to include our elected leaders that work for us, and not just laws that bind We the People.

8. I stopped selling to LE agencies too. I hate to lose the business but we have to take a stand.

1. Carl says:

I applaud your efforts and commend you for taking a stand. You sir are a true hero for the position you have taken. You hold the values of which this great nation was built upon higher than mere personal gain. You are a true inspiration to me and many, many others along with all the other companies who have followed suit. Keep the faith and thanks again!!

9. Iron Sights says:

Many thanks to all the companies thst have taken a stand against the infringement of our Second Amendment rights. We will remember your sacrifices.

10. Doug S. says:

This is GREAT news! I just hope folks like Beretta, FN, Colt, Remington, Savage, etc get on this list too! What message would it send to our Government if they can’t have what we can’t have! AWESOME!

11. ckehoss says:

I can see that it takes someone loosing their own child in a mass shooting like we experienced before they realize where this country has gone with guns in the streets. Where do you guys live, in barns? Don’t you know that the 2nd amendment was written when we were under attack by our own government which is not our government anymore? Where do you get off thinking that your child is not going to be blown apart by someone that took your own gun when you weren’t looking. Insensitive jerks.

1. Donna says:

You miss the point. Gun control will only work on law abiding citizens. The criminals will do as they please, laws or no laws. Look at Chicago. Very strict gun laws, but the criminals don’t care.
      On the other hand, if the “bad guy” knows that he may encounter some resistance or even die, he will think twice. I know I would.

1. ckehoss says:

Yes, he will always find guns in places like where YOU live. I, personally, am not going to take it anymore.

1. Donna says:

Where “I” live, we can carry either open or concealed without a permit. I am totally OK with that.
          Before people “act out” around here, the “bad guy” will think twice about whether the other people are carrying and will defend themselves. Around here where “I” live, there are a LOT of people who do carry. I am totally fine with that, because I know that if these law abiding citizens who carry found themselves in a “situation” say in a movie theater or restaurant they would respond and in doing so save lives that would be otherwise wasted if the situation were to happen somewhere where our 2nd amendment rights have been trampled.
          Yes, if you wondered or if you didn’t, I am a law abiding citizen who carries a weapon when and where permitted.

1. ckehoss says:

your theory is riddled with the obvious. The Bad Guy does not warn you when he is shooting.

2. Freddy says:

ckehoss, you are an idiot. Obviously an obamabot…if you don’t like guns, don’t buy one…get a LIFE!!

12. donna says:

If in a situation I/we would have a better chance of survival if folks were armed. Bad guy can’t focus on everyone at once. I certainly feel safer being in places where folks have the means to protect themselves.
    Your choice to not be armed and have to wait for police to get there and clean up the mess. My choice to be armed and stand a chance of protecting myself and have less for the police to have to clean up. Comes down to CHOICE. Enough said.

1. Donna Shea says:

I am a 5 ft.disabled women,with cancer,scleroderma,a disc out of place in my back.I’m a very weak .I stay with my daughter,she goes out of town a lot and I am here by myself.My bedroom is up stairs.Sometimes I hear noises they scare me,and it hits me what can I do if someone broke in on me.My son-inlaw has no. Gun.I found my self wishes I did,and this was before these shootings.I started putting bags of clothes & things to block the door.I get cans of bug spray,and other things to at lease give me time to jump out. My window which would hurt me too! I am truly sorry for all the people that were shot,my heart breaks for them. These places could have security.We have patrol cops at our schools,and the.police dept.is now going to schools sitting down with students and letting them know how not to be afraid of police! They also give out gun locks.some cops work specials for difference business to make extra money it pays less than there reg.job.people need to wake up this is not about guns it’s about taking your rights away! Everyday I wake up to find out another right taken away.I feel like the same dream over&over.Treachers are poisen minds of kids in our schools with muslin influence that parents don’t even know about.Tx.girls given.muslin clothes.skokie Ill.Changing Veterans Holliday to muslin.mass.mi.etc look it up! One world gov.shari law is coming! I knew this when pres.obama in his 1st.yr.putting cos.out of bus.for no reason.all this is in the Bible.There is no fortune teller that good! To be able to tell us thousands of yrs ago and now it’s started! Look at the utube video of Paul Harvery said If I was the devil in 1965 you would think he said today.dont go down the
      Jim jones koolaid club with the democrats & Obama.

Fla. pol proposes mandated D'Souza show

Florida State Senator Alan Hayes, according to a report in The Hollywood Reporter, is planning on introducing legislation to mandate that all Florida high schools show Dinesh D’Souza’s new film "America." That is, unless parents don’t want their kids to see it.

Kimmel: Obama a kid home for laundry

When President Obama was forced to cancel his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live for Wednesday night, the comedian was a good sport about it. He got back at the president in a particularly pointed monologue, however.

The royal photobomb and selfie

The selfie epidemic has officially gone royal.

Miller wants Obama to go on long vacay

President Barack Obama hopes to "be on a beach somewhere drinking out of a coconut" in 2017. Comedian Dennis Miller wants him there now.

Daily Show on ACA madness: blame Boehner

May Jon Stewart's viewership not be goldfish in remembering the full breadth of the Affordable Care Act saga. "A mediocre Scrabble hand" is but a flash point in a much larger and difficult game.

Polls: Obama White House incompetent at managing, worse than Darth Vader

The job of the administrative branch is to, well, administer the laws. According to a new Fox News poll released on Wednesday, most Americans think that the Obama administration is failing dismally at the task.

Obama wants ‘idealism and optimism’ for millennials in face of Congressional ‘crisis,’ refuses to recognize he is part of the problem
Now that “hope and change” seems to be played out, President Barack Obama has come up with a new catchphrase for millennials – “idealism and optimism.” In a speech at a Democratic National Convention fundraiser in Seattle, Wash. Tuesday night, Obama asked young people not to give up their natural idealism and optimism because of […]
President Obama admits he does not watch the news

During a speech during a Democratic National Committee event in Seattle, Washington Tuesday night, President Obama confessed that he doesn't watch the news. Throughout the speech, Obama predictably complained about the incompetence of our "broken" Congress and urged his liberal audience to get enthusiastic about voting for Democrats in the midterm elections this fall.

Congress and the President actually take action, Obama says ‘it’s so much fun’
“Girls just want to have fun,” Cyndi Lauper belts in her famous song. Apparently President Barack Obama wants to join her. “Let’s do this more often. It’s so much fun,” Obama said at a bill signing on Tuesday. Obama gathered in White House with members of Congress to sign the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. This […]
Josh Earnest criticizes negative story for quoting anonymous sources, forgets the White House is always quoted anonymously

When White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest took a potshot at anonymous sources during a Monday briefing, he probably should have picked a meeker reporter.

Paul Ryan unveils new anti-poverty agenda

In another example of the Republican Party expanding its policy tent, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) unveiled a new poverty-fighting agenda Thursday at the American Enterprise Institute.

Cruz to Reid: Leave Ritz-Carlton, go to Border
After President Obama turned him down, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) invited Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) to join him at the border.  In response to Reid’s recent claim that the border is secure, Cruz said on Fox News Sunday that Reid’s perspective is skewed because he “lives in the Ritz-Carlton in Washington D.C.” “I would invite […]
Graham: Immigration reform crucial for 2016
Immigration reform will be crucial to the 2016 presidential election, at least one Republican senator believes. Sen. Lindsey Graham appeared on NBC’s “Meet the Press’” with David Gregory Sunday morning to discuss foreign policy and the border crisis. “Senator, the crisis on the border, immigration reform. This is an international problem. But it’s also a big […]
Cruz: Obama loves to blame problems on Bush
Why won’t President Barack Obama and Congress work to end Obama’s push for amnesty at the border? Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) believes the reason stems back to the Bush era. Cruz’s argument is that Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program is the reason for the surge of child immigrants from Central America seeking illegal entry into […]
Rand Paul wants to see minimum wage be 'temporary'
Sen. Ran Paul has a very different take on minimum wage from the Obamas, a point of detraction he made clear Saturday at the Reboot conference for libertarians and conservatives in the tech sector. Unlike President Barack Obama, who wants to see the minimum wage raised nationwide so people can live permanently on it, Paul argues […]