Comcast cable company bans all firearms ads

Comcast Corporation, the largest cable operator in the world, is now refusing to run any advertising for firearms or fireworks, as of Feb. 8.

After picking up the majority interest in NBC Universal, Comcast decided to uphold the NBC’s policy banning firearms ads.

Because Comcast has a monopoly on two-thirds of the market, that means every major network and cable channel won’t be running anymore gun ads, according to John Kupiec, president of the advertising agency Canadian American Corp.

Kupiec was first alerted to the policy change after Comcast told him he couldn’t place an ad for Williams Gun Sight and Outfitters in Davison, Mich.

“The next step is we want to get the lawmakers on Capitol Hill to review the monopolistic rights this company [Comcast] currently enjoys as the largest cable provider in the United States,” Kupiec told CBS Detroit.

“Comcast Spotlight has decided it will not accept new advertising for firearms or weapons moving forward,” the company said in a press statement. “This policy aligns us with the guidelines in place at many media organizations.”

Comcast may no longer accept commercials advertising for guns, but the cable company doesn’t seem to have any problem showing advertisements for films with guns. On the top of the website for Comcast Demand, is an advertisement for the film ‘End of Watch’ which lo and behold depicts a gun.

Beyond advertising, Comcast features a slew of movies and television series that depict gun violence.

Williams’ chief operating officer Dan Compeau reportedly argued, “We’re a perfectly legal company selling a perfectly legal product and they have chosen us out of all the industries out there to make a stand on what’s right or wrong.”

This is not the first time a major network has enforced a ban on firearms advertising. EPSN announced in January that it would no longer run an ads that include handguns or ammunition.

Comments

Comments

1. ckehoss says:

Finally someone that has the courage of their conviction!

1. Riley A Wooten Jr. says:

Really? Then why would they still allow violent movies chock full of guns? I’ll bet they’ll still show “Sons of Guns,” “Top Shot,””Rambo,” etc. “Courage of their conviction?” What planet do you live on? You’re the same type of person that thinks its OK for celebrities to make ads against guns while starring in movies glorifying gun violence at the same time? You know you’re directly out of peroxided mind right?

1. ckehoss says:

please, one problem at a time, ok?

2. BigMacWithCheese says:

Troll Alert:

Please don’t feed the troll.

2. Bobi says:

I personally think that this is retarded yes I said that… This whole gun ban stuff is just stupid will someone please tell me the last time they saw a criminal following any law much less a gun law? Don’t worry I’ll wait…………………………………………………………….Uh huh that’s what I thought all of this is only hurting law abiding citizen’s like myself…. Gun’s do not kill people, people kill people I am 32 years old and I been walking past gun cabinet’s my entire life and I have never had a gun jump out and shoot at me…. This is flat out just trying to disarm this country and its going make us sitting ducks for the rest of the world I can not believe how dumb these people we voted in can possibly be..

Dear Riley:
      This Miss Clairol #98 does not believe in anything but shooting from the hip so here goes. Some weapons have already been banned, like grenades, cannons, chemical weapons, etc etc etc. No one wants your 357, Glock, 9mm, shotgun, whatever. However the M16 types of weapons need to join the banned weapon hall of fame because we do not want someone that wants to kill someone, to be able to kill 26 someones in one minute. If this does not make sense, try reading the medical examiners report that said that every child had multiple, (at least 3) gun shots in their little bodies. And if this still does not make sense, try Miss Clairol 104 you hopeless example of an idiot abroad.

As for Bobi:
      I could give a horses poop about what you, the law abiding citizen does with your toys. We are trying to keep the Adam Lanzas from getting his hands on his law abiding mother’s Bushmaster so get off yourself.

1. Cory says:

For the record, Adam Lanzas didn’t use “M16 types of weapons”. The AR-15 you are referring to was left in the vehicle.

2. Bobi says:

Well I suppose that you missed the medical examiner going back on national television to inform everyone that only 4 hand guns were used in that incident I guess you also missed the original news broadcast where it showed the officers pulling the “Bushmaster” out of the trunk of the car that the guy was driving after the entire incident was over. Let me ask you a question Mrs. Clairol #98 do you believe everything you see on television or do you make your own (and I use this term lightly for you) well informed decisions? Why don’t you do a little research before you go on a crusade to get rid of people’s weapons. While we are at it let’s ban spoons they make people fat……. Do you honestly think a criminal (someone that breaks the law for a living) is going to hand over a weapon they already have or have access to? No they won’t they will target the law abiding citizens that do turn over their guns and they will have no way to protect them selves. Go ahead research that shooting on youtube honey I think you will be a little more then shocked about what you see and hear.

DEAREST BOBI:

UPDATE: CT State Medical Examiner Says Bushmaster Rifle Did The Killing

NOT ONLY ARE YOU A JERK, BUT YOU ARE A JERK WITH A LOW IQ

Careful with your freaking so called stats, I live in Connecticut, with police officer Husband and Son. Don’t go there unless you have your guns loaded correctly. I just shot your whole theory up with a Bushmaster little darlin.

3. Johnny says:

Dear ckehoss:
        You are a special kind of stupid aren’t you? I hope you are aware the semiautomatic weapon, which is the actual name of them, was never used in the shooting it was left in his trunk. Why don’t you go do some actual investigating yourself before you belief the first thing you hear on the stupid liberal news cast. You sound like an idiot.

4. Brad says:

Sorry you are wrong on “Banned” weapons…If you have the finances you can indeed purchase and own ANY weapon…it’s called “NFA CLASS 3″ for the price of a $200.00 tax stamp ANYONE can legally own ANYTHING

1. ckehoss says:

56 years young, you want mature, go to an old folks home. I am just hear to show Nugent he is not the only big mouth around. The opposition has lungs too and can be just as obnoxious as Alex Jones on a Piers Morgan Telethon.

1. Scott says:

You’re right Ckehoss, you have a big mouth too, but the brains working it just aren’t as intelligent as Mr. Nugent.

5. Bobi says:

It’s a waste of time talking to this chick she is clueless about what is really taking place she showed her intelligence when she started talking… Even more when she started in on me I was posting my opinion not to her specifically and she jumped on the page and started running her mouth. Why do you think these soldiers are fighting for “FREEDOM” which the government is slowly taking away…. I am a firm believer that if you don’t stand behind our troops you can feel free to stand in front of them….

I heard that Boobi

1. Bobi says:

Real mature….

6. Doug S. says:

How about you gain some real knowledge about what your talking about before you hop on the bandwagon of retardation, please. The AWB will not keep the Adam Lanza’s from doing what he did.. I hate to tell you this, darling. You’ve been lied to and convinced its the truth. The weapon that Adam Lanza used is about as similar to an “M16″ as a Miata wearing a Ferrari body kit is to an actual Ferrari. It looks “cool” but it’s got nothing close to the same bite. The statistics that you’ve been sold on about these weapons have been very, very, very slanted to so incredibly over exaggerated it’s not even remotely funny. Just do some of your own research, and you’ll see it too. It’s blatantly obvious just how pathetic the entire argument is once you delve into the real meat of the matter. You’re being led into ignorance with ignorance by ignorant people. What you’re trying to do, and the ONLY thing that is trying to be done with this AWB is ensure only criminals have these “evil” guns. Please, turn off your TV and your predisposition to accept what seems to be “intelligent thought” and actually dig into the matter for yourself. Don’t just believe what you see on TV, and what your own thoughts leed you to believe are “responsible”. You’ve been very blessed to live a very protected and sheltered life. You’ve only witnessed the horrors of this world through a camera’s lens, and thats a good thing. The bad thing is the camer lens is a very slanted and one. Please dont continue to let your view of the world be shaped by the vary same thing. Open your eyes, research what reality really is, and stop buying into what you see on the news as being “fact” and what you hear from the mouths of people that do not know what they are talking about. Research it for yourself. Get out into the real world for yourself and see how it really works…. I’m sure you’ll begin to see just how retarded the anti-gun arguments really are and just how “manufactured” (and absurd) this hoopla over guns really is. Drunk drivers kill more children every week with vehicles capable of blowing any speedlimit we have out of the water, than several Sandy Hooks combined! So where’s the outcry to ban any vehicle capable of doing over 75MPH? More crime and illegal activity is committed with a vehicle than a gun, but I dont see that outcry?! Why is that? We’ve already banned illegal drugs, we’ve even made it stupid difficult to buy sudafed, but crystal meth still kills more children every year than all guns combined do. But there’s not nearly the outcry on that as there are my guns… So where’s the real outrage over the issues that actual matter? Use your brain sweetie. Please. Open your eyes to the real world and see how it actually works.

1. ckehoss says:

Anybody that remotely sounds like they are creating a Christopher Dorner manifesto ranks very low on the totem pole, little darlin. Bushmasters should go into the same category as your drunk drivers which you so kindly associated for me. Having been the victim of more than one shooting, I cannot take your prospective that I am sheltered seriously. Helping Sandy Hook victims just prolongs advocating ridding ourselves of the likes of you and your ranting.

1. FreeAmerican2013 says:

You clam to know what your talking about and wish that everyone think like you do and chastise anyone doesn’t see things the way you do This the law of the land what you are wanting will infringe on Our Constitutional Rights….. The first is United States v. Miller 1939. Miller possessed a sawed-off shotgun banned under the National Firearms Act. He argued that he had a right to bear the weapon under the Second Amendment, but the Supreme Court ruled against him. Why? At the time, sawed-off shotguns were not being used in a military application, and the Supremes ruled that since it didn’t, it was not protected. Even though Miller lost that argument, the Miller case set the precedent that protected firearms have a military, and thus a legitimate and protected Militia use. The military now uses shotguns regularly, but not very short, sawed-off shotguns, but an AR-15/AK-47 type weapon is currently in use by the military, therefore it is a protected weapon for the Unorganized Militia, which includes just about every American citizen now that both age and sex discrimination are illegal. (The original Militia included men of age 17-45) Therefore any firearm that is applicable to military use is clearly protected under Article II, and that includes all those nasty-looking semi-automatic black rifles, including full 30 round magazines.

The second important case is that of John Bad Elk v. United States from 1900. In that case, an attempt was made to arrest Mr. Bad Elk without probable cause, and Mr. Bad Elk killed a policeman who was attempting the false arrest. Bad Elk had been found guilty and sentenced to death. However, the Supreme Court ruled that Bad Elk had the right to use any force, including lethal force, to prevent his false arrest, even if the policeman was only trying to arrest him and not kill him. Basically, the Supremes of the day ruled that as a citizen, you have the right to defend against your civil rights being violated using ANY force necessary to prevent the violation, even if the offending party isn’t trying to kill you.

Both of these cases are standing law to this day.

The Miller decision clearly includes AR-15/AK-47 type weapons as having a military application. The Bad Elk decision means that if the government tries to confiscate your AR-15/AK-47, or arrest you for having one, you can kill the offenders on the spot, even if they are not trying to kill you.

I didn’t make these decisions; the United States Supreme Court did.

2. ckehoss says:

One can only assume that you will abide by those laws when they are changed, derelict.

3. FreeAmerican2013 says:

Change the Laws? You obviously think that The Constitution can be erased and re-written well you can keep thinking that When the second Revolution takes place to protect the The Original Bill of Rights which are the first 10 Amendments. From ignorant sheepeople like you. What sad is you’ll still think we are doing it just for guns completely blind that it is for all freedoms Like the one that was just signed into Law making it a felony to protest want where the secret service is present so now your 1st Amendment has been infringed Like you want to infringe on My 2nd Amendment how do you feel about getting arrested for a felony just for protesting any where there is a secret service person present?

4. ckehoss says:

If you are trying to convince me that laws cannot be amended, you are in the wrong forum. You need to join “Oddities”

3. FreeAmerican2013 says:

If I were a comcast customer and I read this statement. The first call would be to one of the Satellite companies and the 2nd call to comcast telling them you have the right to opinion about guns but not to change the 2nd Amendment what they have done is no more then knelt down at the feet of there Masters and anyone who thinks gun control should kneel need to them at the feet of your Masters if you think gun control is about safety you are sadly mistaken it is about controlling the people for the New World Order and the UN agenda 21 where 90% of the worlds population well be eliminated do you think you will be in the 10% left just because your for gun control? Think again you will be the first ones your an easy target your already on your knees at there feet good luck to you I kneel to no man or government

4. FreeAmerican2013 says:

Oh ok so you are part of the problem you delete post that you don’t agree with I told no lies provided proof yet you deleted it good luck to you then

5. D.A. Moran says:

Cant fix stupid just shoot it!

Quit playing all the programs involving guns too you stupid bastards! Most of those Hollywood gunslingers are nothing but hypocrites anyway!

6. FreeAmerican2013 says:

So it seem speak your mind only applies if the comments are weaker then the lies and deception you put up. IF someone post a comment you can’t disprove you just ban and delete them like I’m sure you’ll do this one……

1. ckehoss says:

wrong, I happen to agree with the first amendment as well. However, when amendments were written, they did not have Bushmasters to consider. Things are a wee bit different than they were in 1797. Ya think?

1. FreeAmerican2013 says:

So you are the mod. You took your sweet time releasing My comment but I digress. Your argument on the 2nd Amendment being written and not having a Bushmaster to consider would be the same as If I were to say the first Amendment didn’t have Television cable news the internet to consider etc…Right now you thinking but they can’t kill you have you ever heard the pen is mightier then the sword How many people when and killed others because of what was written or read from the different sources? So if the 2nd is out date then so should be the 1st right?? I’ve been reading what you’ve said about the weapons used. I would like to ask you if you think it is possible for the Medical Examiner to be lying? Even if an AR15 was used it was not the gun that killed those babies what I can’t understand is how 1 kid who is mental with what every they said he has. Was able to get into a school and kill as many as he did and not 1 person was able to get to him to stop him I know people get frozen from fear but not one single person tried? I know when the 1st shot was fired someone had to hear it and went to see what had taken place. If you think I don’t have any idea what I am talking about well I was in Law Enforcement for over 18 yrs and retired for medical reasons so it’s sufficed to say I know a little about weapons and people. How can anyone not see all the flags in this shooting some people call it conspiracy theories you might even think I am 1 also but why all of a sudden the need to have gun control? Have you been paying attention to DHS and the Hollow point ammunition they’ve ordered 1.6 billion rounds why? we have a military to protect America. Have you heard of the UN’S Agenda 21 that Obama sighed in the cover of darkness you should look into it if not. this link it to the DHS this are who will be using the Ammunition http://www.dhs.gov/blog/2012/09/14/welcome-fema-corps-inaugural-class I would then ask you what do you know about the Federal Reserve Bank and the US currency look at your money written in bold letters Federal Reserve Note they are a private bank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sip9PDKB9o Then look up the bilderberg group https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Z0eCz0pF4 If you think that all of these thinks are not connected then I feel sorry for you because the master plan is to reduce the worlds population by some 90% do you feel you will be the lucky 10% our would you rather have the AR15 to save your self and Loved ones?

1. ckehoss says:

Look Christopher Dorner, we will never be able to read the minds of others so get a grip on what CAN and CANNOT be done. I can shoot the balls off of your backyard squirrel with a 9mm so don’t tell me I do not know about weapons. You are proposing that our 1st grade teachers carry and Bushmaster so that they have a chance against the likes of you and Adam Lanza, well I think not. I got your number, you freak and I will be looking for your a__hole to show up with your little pencil dic of an ego so you better freaking shoot before I get your butt. Either all Bushmasters go, or none, take your pick. I will beat you to the draw any day, arrogant little little man.

1. FreeAmerican2013 says:

I seemed to have struck a nerve. I am beginning to have doubts that you are even doing any research on anything. You did not answer My question about the 1st amendment vs the 2nd amendment it’s fine it wasn’t very fair of Me to use logic on you vs ignorance. where did I say anything about a teacher arming them self’s? My comment was that no one even tried to stop after all I recall someone saying to arm your self with scissors if need be right? You have My number really?? You have no clue who or what I am and what My capabilities are. If your argument is to cut down and degrade someone then you have lost the argument you have no facts I offered you an olive branch in hopes you would wake up because you will need all your shooting skills come that day. I will stand by your side to fight for your freedom and Mine. But DO NOT think that I will give up any weapon just because someone used it to kill others…BTW Christopher Dorner was murdered/assassinated even if he killed everyone we are a country of Laws its called Due Process he wasn’t give the chance to a fair trial ask your self this why were 2 woman shot delivering news papers because the vehicle was similar when did we become a country of shoot first ask questions later? And why did they burn the cabin down you think I’m crazy listen for your self https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfMTnVfs-tI if you want to dismiss what I am telling you that’s fine but do it with proof and not Insults if you would like to talk about it feel free to contact me via email I am not a monster nor a little Man I can assure you…..

2. ckehoss says:

Dearest FreeAmerican2013:

why would anyone in their right mind even entertain the idea of answer questions of a paranoid skitzoid? My nerves were struck on Dec. 14, so get your cookies off on someone else. Self absorption is exactly the kind of mentality that goes hand in hand with someone that is consumed with his gun ie. extension of his manhood. Please get in touch with your own feelings before trying to make a point about others.

2. ckehoss says:

Honey, I am not the OP here. I would not delete it even if I were the OP. I believe the only way to conquer your enemy is to know them and get them to talk.
          This is how you locate the problem and address it. I am glad you believe in laws so that we can be assured you will follow them once they are changed.

7. ckehoss says:

As far as the rest of the mislead, you guys were cast on clueless, right? Don’t even go there with me. I am a Repulican that indeed has my guns loaded and if you say something that is worthwhile, we will go there. However, none of you have it right so far. Join Ted Nugent as a man without content, all bark and no freaking truth.

8. FreeAmerican2013 says:

Well you can say what you will about My mental state. I really wonder reading what you’ve said to Me and others how it is you can call your self a lady working in the the mortgage industry with twins and a Veteran Police Officer as a husband you are a sad sad little woman that seems to have penis envy after all you refer to it so much oh and FYI I am 50 yrs old wheelchair bound Married with 2 grown kids you have no respect for others and the opinion even if offered proof. I don’t carry My manhood on My hip.Honey I am from the south you will never understand what feeling a southern man has

1. ckehoss says:

Had you really done your homework butt breath, you would know that I was born in Corpus Christi, graduated from Sam Houston. Don’t give me that southern crap. I have ten siblings still there. You do not hold a candle to them.

1. FreeAmerican2013 says:

Well that explains it everything is bigger in Texas even your mouth 10 siblings still there. It’s no wonder you live as far as possible from them cuz if they seen what your saying about the 2nd amendment they would kick your butt until you got your since back enjoy your time on your knees when they come knocking at your door fresh off the internet coming to a town near you I hope you like trains and fema camps hug your kids and husband while you still can http://theallegiant.com/invasion-dhs-source-tells-why-military-exercises-in-u-s-cities/

1. ckehoss says:

you guys are going to have to conjure up a lot more than the hideous reasoning you have been using to cause everyone to think there is a conspiracy coming to get our guns. I hate to tell you guys this, but you are very simply nuts. Bushmaster needs to go and I (along with a lot of other big mouths) are not going away just cause Ted Nugent hasn’t dropped dead yet. As far as the NRA, you numb nuts are supporting an agency that takes your hard earned money to enforce something that is already our right. Hellloooooo, is anybody home?

1. FreeAmerican2013 says:

I’ll remember that you said is was only a conspiracy theory when your looking threw the fence begging for your life. Because without the 2nd Amendment there is NO 1st Amendment. You have drinking the water for way to long if you believe that they will stop at just the bushmaster.
            Here’s a bit of history for you not a conspiracy theory but please don’t believe Me google it your self and then come back a call Me what ever you like and you will never hear from Me again
            In the 20th century 170 million people have been kill at the hands of there governments

*Soviet Union established gun control in 1929. From 1929 to 1953, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

*Turkey established gun control in 1911. From 1915 to 1917 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

*China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1976 20 million Anti-Communists, Christians, political dissidents and pro-reform groups, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

*Germany established gun control in 1938. From 1939 to 1945 13 million Jews, Gypsies, mentally ill people and other “mongrelized peoples,” unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

*Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

*Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

*Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977 1 million “educated people,” unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and executed.

That amounts to more than 55 million innocent people who were slaughtered by their own governments – governments that had first rendered their citizens defenseless by restricting or confiscating their firearms.
            you thinking I said 170 million yes the rest were staved to death because the food was confiscated by there governments
            You can keep your self ignorant or educate your self by reading and learning from history it always repeat it self

9. PaVoter says:

Our founders also didn’t have nor could they have imagined the internet or TV, so by using your liberal logic to tear down the second amendment, I can apply it to the first and say you don’t have the right of free speech or expression online or on the TV, or radio for that matter. If the 2a only applies to muskets then the 1a only applies to books and the spoken word.

1. ckehoss says:

stay on the subject honey, this is about banning a weapon, not about free speech

10. NJ LIB says:

It’s not about banning a weapon. It’s about banning liberty and rights given to us by our creator. The argument that we live in a different time holds no water. Scripture is older than 2000 years but we do not toss that into the abyss. Only 2% of all gun crimes use any rifle at all and even less using the cosmetically accessorized type. Try fixing the catch and release justice system, make gun safety training universal, and fix the mental health problem and then you will have something. Oh….wait….criminal justice is too racially charged, gun safety education has the word gun in it, and Comcast does not wanna pay to improve mental health while they profit from violent movies.

1. ckehoss says:

not banning a weapon infringes on the rights of others to live in a peaceful environment. Sorry, but someone needs to speak for the most helpless victims of America’s obsession with guns that have no place near our children. If you can put a monitor on every assault weapon so that lock down can happen when you want to go out and exercise your right to carry it, so be it. Otherwise, you are part of the problem. Yes, violence in movies and videos, etc need to be addressed but one problem at a time. The assault weapons of choice are getting in the wrong hands and there is no law or police officer out there that stands a chance against it because they do not usually announce when they are going to attack. If nothing else, I hope this country CAN divide into sections for those that want to live with the guns near Mexico and the ones that want to live without near Canada. Sounds like a plan, how fitting is it that they are somehow attracted to the likes of their own kind.

1. FreeAmerican2013 says:

I’m sorry Mrs. Kehoss but you are just not putting anything forward to make your argument for gun control legislation to pass and for the 2nd Amendment to be re-written. So then if “not banning a weapon infringes on the rights of others to live in a peaceful environment.” How does banning firearms doesn’t not infringe on the rights of everyone else that are law abiding citizens?
        I think you live in the wrong country No the wrong reality what your talking about is Utopia Oh and some would call you a racist because you want to segregate the people with kinds of there own. And you call us crazy. would you also like to stop women from voting and blacks to be slaves what about selling spirits IE: Prohibition etc… Mrs. Kehoss you are the epitome of a liberal your ignorance is dumbfounding you make less and less since with each post…..

1. ckehoss says:

Dearest One that says I should not believe what everyone says, guess what? You have failed to connect me with racists. My entire family is hispanic. Ha ha and you thought the blonde was real? LOL Back to the drawing board for Mr. “I am in a wheelchair” LOL yeah right. See? I do not believe everything ones says

1. FreeAmerican2013 says:

Honey how this for you I am half Native American From the Micmac Indians. I have an autoimmune disease called Devic’s Disease because of it. It’s kin to MS I am paralyzed from 4 ins above my naval to My feet so save your insults I have not treated you with disrespect other then try to educate you in what is going on with this country but you seem to think it is a big joke .I have everything to lose you see My people lost this land long before you were here and we had to adjust I’ll damned if I let it happen again to the likes of people that don’t value life back drawing board you are truly clueless

2. ckehoss says:

3. FreeAmerican2013 says:

I provided you with links and facts from different sites other then your same lame argument. I’m disabled I do nothing but research. I am a Proud Man of Honor when someone makes an accusation that I am lying I take offence to it.Something you apparently know nothing about. If you think you struck a never not at all. I feel sorry for your kids now that I see what kind of mother they have. In My culture we teach respect for others and love of man and nature. We all know guns don’t kill people evil people do the gun is but just a tool the same as a Cannula, Curette, Forceps, Syringe with Spinal Needle are used by evil people

11. J star says:

Don’t stop there, please BAN every TV show and movie that has a gun in it.

1. ckehoss says:

Being over dramatic defeats your point. Stick to what CAN be done and not WHAT CANT.

12. ampstar says:

What a troll! Holy crap! Every argument is met with rediculous name-calling. Are you serious? You have no better means to express your opinions, or is it that you don’t have any real opinions of your own? Why deliberatley insult others for seeing things differently than yourself? The fact that you are so offended by someone disagreeing with you tells me that you have been the “Princess” all your life and can’t stand it when your “Lessers” don’t just fall in line with what you think like when you fall in line with what your “Betters” think on any subject. Just one more head in the herd of “Sheeple” relentlessly bleeting at the carress of their shepherd. No ban on any kind of weapon has ever done anything to help any one person other than those who control the ban. Pease ban everything that you don’t think I can handle in my feeble minded state, but leave the right of choice. When all other options are gone I have the right to choose your alternative. Just like freedom of speech as long as no one is offeneded. The thought in itself is just disgusting.

13. ampstar says:

Does their ban apply to guns rights ads? I bet it does. It is just another push for bigger and better misinformation to keep those who would push against the herd and think for themselves. No matter how you see it it is a total falacy. Just another set of blinders to keep us all in line.

14. ampstar says:

I wonder how she treats her husband when he disagrees with her; if he isn’t afaid to disagree with her I mean. I’m guessing it is something like what we see here.

1. ckehoss says:

Are you kidding me? He was the one that made me leave the damn thing in a locker at the PD. I am from Texas where everyone carries. Sweety, you guys gotta stop attacking people that are trying to protect our kids and not the ones that are so far removed that they do not know the facts.

1. FreeAmerican2013 says:

ckehoss says:
        February 21, 2013 at 1:06 pm

So I posted 2 other comments that are no longer showing look what you said about the 1st Amendment but yet when I said what was passed about the Secret Service arresting people and charging them with a felony if you protest where they are you took it down It seems you are tired of Me. You are NOTHING like anyone from Texas if your family would see the none sense your regurgitating they would disown you. You are so liberal now and don’t even see it or you fail to except it but honey read how you have been with everyone’s post and then read how liberal treat people there a picture of you FBI would call that a clue so get one

1. ckehoss says:

you are right about only one thing, I am definitely tired of you

1. FreeAmerican2013 says:

H.R. 347 http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr347enr/pdf/BILLS-112hr347enr.pdf you read it for your self welcome to your idea of utopia where there are unicorns and rainbows and the government is your Master. I was respectful to you the whole time and gave you facts you are nothing more then a spoiled hypocrite that can’t tell the difference between your friends and your enemies when the day comes and you are being dragged away from your family and place is the FEMA camps awaiting your turn to euthanize I want you to remember me telling you I TOLD YOU SO…….

2. ckehoss says:

talk to the hand cause the wrist don’t care?

15. ckehoss says:

Feeble attempts to create fear in those that have resolve and a clear sense of peace is not effective, folks. Aside from Adam Lanza, we do not battle with our own like you guys do. We do not have to carry weapons to feel the way you feel because you have your handy M16. I think I will stay where I am because living where you guys live sounds like hell on earth. Do you like living in fear like that? I bet most of the women in your care are killed by their own husbands. And if you are in the south, guess what, the cheating capital is Austin and number two is Houston. Any wonder why I found a husband in the North?

16. Bob says:

Well, the Second Amendment is specifically tailored to nurture the very dear notion that the Founders had, remembering the revolution which had cost so many of them dearly, that citizens must enjoy the same firepower as those who would subjugate them given the chance. Adam Lanza was successful not because he had a gun or guns, but because Liberals denied the children in the school protection. It is Liberals who kill children through capricious policies which deny citizens their right to life. Comcast is just pandering to the future of Socialist America where, eventually, you will give up your guns or your freedom or your life… There will be no choice.

17. Chuck says:

Future without Violence…… People use almost anything for good or evil. see FBI crime statistics (Hammers and clubs kill more people than AR-15’s) NOT some Liberal, wishful preaching, Utopian website. ckehoss, Do you have the same PASSION on Non-violence/RESPECT for LIFE in dealing with the education-indoctrination of our kids? The same passion for NON-violence in TV-Network programming? there is an estimated 1 million people saved by guns each year. a simple search of google or youtube and you can see some of them now. NRA publishes new stories every month in their magazine. People, NOT the tool or gun, are responsible for how they USE them. IF everyone had RESPECT for each other and LIFE in general we could ALL pack our guns away in the safe and NEVER have to use them again. Unfortunately the world is NOT getting better or More civilized we’re just becoming more desensitized to the violence. Respect, Civility and common courtesy by people are UN-common now and getting more scarce by the minute. National News refuses to report on violence, especially anything race related, so we have to look at Local news and newspapers to see the real stories. And that is still NOT everything criminal or violent crime that is really happening.

Madeleine Albright T(witter)KOs Conan

Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright bested Conan O'Brien by Twitter knockout Thursday night, ribbing the comedian with a comeback worthy of a seasoned pro.

Kimmel: Stoner idea or gov. expenditure?
Sen. Tom Coburn’s (R – Okla.) fifth annual “Wastebook” was released Wednesday and some of the federally funded projects are so outrageous that they can be hard to believe. Late night host Jimmy Kimmel had the same thought and offered his audience a quiz. He read the name of a project, some real and some […]
Obama channels Chris Rock again

At rallies for Democrats in Maryland and Illinois on Sunday, Obama dropped the name "Cousin Pookie" -- a character that he used frequently to energize black voters during his 2008 campaign -- during his speeches.

Oliver beats Supreme Court's camera ban
Comedian John Oliver is sick of the Supreme Court ban on cameras in the court room and the ridiculous ways it makes television news stations have to cover those cases. But all hope is not lost. “What happens at the Supreme Court is way too important not to pay attention to and yet the ban […]
Stewart and Colbert go after 'Fangate'

Both Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert had a field day with “Fangate” Thursday night.

Obama is withholding over 15,000 Fast and Furious documents

President Obama claimed executive privilege to withhold over 15,000 documents relating to Operation Fast and Furious, including nearly 20 emails sent between Attorney General Eric Holder and his wife.

White House fence jumper charged with assault
WASHINGTON (AP) — The 23-year-old Maryland man who climbed over the White House fence Wednesday night has been charged with felonies for assaulting two police dogs and making threats, the Secret Service said Thursday. Dominic Adesanya of Bel Air, Maryland, is in custody of the U.S. Marshals Service for previous outstanding warrants, Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary said. […]
President Obama, unpaid bills and the curious editing of the White House transcript
President Obama, some unpaid bills and a curiously “inaudible” section of the White House recording of a speech — that’s how all good stories start, right? While at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Chicago, Obama cracked a joke about the “unpaid bills” at his home. The joke was reported by the White House Press […]
Secrecy shrouds how the Obamas cook their chicken wings

Now it seems the Obamas are tight-lipped even about their eating habits.

Obama delivers devastating blow to red state Democrats, calls them ‘all folks who vote with me’
President Obama can’t seem to stay out of the 2014 midterm elections, no matter how much his fellow Democrats want him to. Obama spoke on Al Sharpton’s radio show Monday, which was later replayed on MSNBC, insisting that red state Democrats are still his “strong allies.” “A lot of the states that are contested this time […]

Rand Paul: ‘The war on terror is not over’

Rand Paul attempted to lay out his recently evolving foreign policy vision at his speech Thursday night at the Center for the National Interest.

McCarthy speaks out against 'Truthy' study
Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy is joining the growing dissent against the federally-funded “Truthy” study designed to monitor political speech on social media. In a blog post Thursday, titled “#KillingFreeSpeech,” McCarthy promises that the House Committee on Science will be conducting oversight “in the coming months on this and other questionable government-funded research projects.” “Why does the government […]
CIA agents impersonated Senate staffers to snoop
Despite a number of growing foreign and domestic threats over the summer, the CIA admitted that they had been using their resources to spy on elected officials in the Senate. Now, insiders are alleging that it’s not just what they did that is the problem, but how they went about it. A new piece by the […]
Republicans say they will reform the IRS

Republicans are talking about reforming the IRS if they gain the majority in the Senate next month, but seem to be treading with caution on making any specific promises.

'Wastebook' finds $25B in 'unnecessary' spending
Monkey gambling, synchronized swimming sea monkeys, and mountain lions on treadmills, oh my! Sen. Tom Coburn (R – Okla.) released his fifth and final “Wastebook” Wednesday, chronicling $25 billion tax dollars spent on 100  “silly, unnecessary, and low priority projects” this year. His findings are absolutely astonishing. Coburn, who is retiring this year, is not letting his fellow […]