Ron Paul says members of both parties are trying to “gut our Second Amendment freedoms”

In light of the recent gun debate, former Texas Rep. Ron Paul is warning Americans that some members of Congress on both sides of aisle are trying to stage a gun grab.

“This fight is going to happen fast,” Paul wrote in an email sent out on Tuesday. “The statists are determined to strike while anti-gun hysteria across the U.S. is at full-blast.”

The former Congressman is the chairman of Campaign for Liberty, a nonprofit organization in place to protect “individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and a noninterventionist foreign policy,” according to its website.

In his C4L email, Paul warned that disarmed countries are not safer countries, as gun control activists have argued.

“Countries where only those in power are armed – supposedly for the civilian population’s “protection” – are cesspools of violence!” the former Congressman wrote.

Paul added that Obama’s gun proposals constitute an “assault on our gun rights” and condemned the gun ban proposed by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), but the C4L chairman’s harshest words came for the mandatory background checks for gun purchases, what he considers to be a “thinly veiled national gun registration scheme.”

“After all, you and I both know registration is the first step toward outright confiscation,” Paul wrote.

Paul urged Americans to sign the Liberty Protection Directive and donate to Campaign for Liberty in order to fight back against gun control advocates, for the sake of Second Amendment rights and for the well-being of the nation as a whole.

“Seeing the statists’ frantic rush to increase government power and further restrict our freedoms, I have to wonder if our gun rights are the last thread holding our republic together,” he wrote. “What might they do once they have nothing but disarmed victims in their sights? World history brings to mind some horrific possibilities.”

Comments

Comments

1. Patrick says:

Ron Paul is an amazing man who fights for our rights on a daily basis this man is a true patriot in a country of cowards. Thanks Dr. Paul.

2. Patriot1 says:

So Kelsey, you’re from St. Paul, eh? I’m sitting at my home in Burnsville as I write this, so we’re almost kind of neighbors! Look me up when you come back into town. Like your picture, you’re kinda cute! (Just being a flirt!) Seriously, I love Ron Paul. An honest man in a world of crooks, a needle in a haystack.

3. Nick says:

Ron Paul is right as always.

Governments are the largest killers of humans in the past 100 years.

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.”

George Washington

4. So sad that disinformation is the theme of the day for those who attack our God given right to self preservation as iterated in the second amendment! The fact remains that Connecticut has one of the most restrictive gun laws in the United States! It is illegal there to own an assault rifle! The other fact missed by the Media outlets is that there was no rifle used at Sandy Hook! In fact the reporting from Sandy Hook was so poor that it gave rise to questions of its legitimacy!

5. John says:

This story reminds me of an excerpt from the latest West End hit ‘It all happened on the 11-20 from Hainault to Redhill via Horsham and Reigate, calling at Carshalton Beeches, Malmesbury, Tooting Bec, and Croydon West’. The author is Mr. Neville Shunt.

Yours flatulently,
    John

6. Jer says:

I have voted since I was of age, I am ashamed. I realized in the last few years that it is just a game and people do not matter to the powers at be. I am not ashamed of my country or my God, my country needs to be protected, my God does not need to be defended He is more than capable. I want my country back! Why has there never been a successful impeach? Because it is not with in the power of the people, like cattle to the slaughter we have taken pride in false liberties and sence of securities. Diabolical programs and laws have favored or oppressors, all the while we point the fingure at each other. They try to make us into the criminally insane. They are the criminally insane, we can clearly see them by there fruits. Look at what they have done in other countries as they come to our soil. With God as our witness we shall over come! I charge you with this; love one

another and take responsibility. For the cost is to great to bear

7. Al says:

I am a soldier. I know what war looks like, what it sounds like, smells like, what it feels like in my soul. I stand today in the twilight of my nation’s grace, looking into the darkness of impending war.
    My sleep is troubled, knowing what awaits, yet the ignorant and the ‘true believers’ sleep easily in their delusions, and I am saddened by it.

Daily, I see the Blackhawk and Apache helicopters flying over my city, the military vehicles which appear so frequently now on our roads, often with ‘guns up’ in violation of Posse Comitatus, and I know why they prepare, that it is not far off.

Nightly I hear the report of gunfire near my home, the noise angry men make as they prepare to boil over. These are not soldiers – they are but angry men. And though I share their well-justified anger, I am cautious with them, for they are not disciplined, and they know not the face of war, nor the burdens it imposes upon mind, body, and soul. Because of this, they are dangerous, and I am saddened by this – that dangerous men should roam the streets near my home, full of anger and the lust for vengeance.

All about me are the ceaseless murmurs of soulless politicians and media propagandists, who wear their agendas on their sleeves as a badge of superiority, and the boundless echoes of their contrived ‘message’ assaults me from all sides, even repeated from the mouths of dear friends, and I am saddened by it.

I bear witness to the fact that throughout my lifetime, the lifeblood of my republic has been drained away by greedy and self-serving men, from high to low, who contrive nought but deception against their neighbors and countrymen, and who fail to consider that their children and mine shall share the same fate, the same future, and I am saddened by it.

But I am a soldier, and I know what must be done; and so I shall put away my sadness and I shall harness up the bitter steed of war, and gird myself up for the battle; and I shall ride out to meet the enemies of Liberty; not in rage, not for anger sake or the hope of vengeance; but because I swore an oath before God, to jealously guard our Republic and its Constitution against all enemies; Him I shall not disappoint, for He is my Hope and my Trust.

Therefore, as much as my soul laments against the harsh truth before me, I make this declaration to my enemies who press me into this battle, that none shall be able to afterwards say “I did not know, you did not warn me”;

I do not care why you took that job with the government, or why you continue to hold it. I only know that you have become Judas and sold yourself to an oppressive state – your government office buildings and vehicles are part of the battlefield, and as a soldier I shall act accordingly.

I do not care why, as a journalist, you choose to spin and corrupt the news, rather than report the plain truth and let the people judge for themselves. I only know that you have violated the public trust in the most vile and seditious manner, and thus your homes, offices, studios, vehicles, and any other place you may find yourself, are part of the battlefield, and as a soldier I shall act accordingly.

I do not care why you signed that union card. I only know that you pay dues to a communist organization which conducts treasonous works against my Republic daily – and so your union hall and your work-sites are part of the battlefield, and as a soldier I shall act accordingly.

I do not care that you only voted for the traitor because you are elderly/disabled or otherwise dependent upon government largess. Are you so ignorant and/or disinterested that you could not see through their propaganda, to the fact that your sustenance was assured either way? What have you gained now that the public housing areas you live in, and the public facilities you depend on, are part of the battlefield? Though I am a soldier, I can afford you little protection, for you have placed yourselves on the battlefield.

I know that all of these places and all of these people are part of the battlefield, not just because I am a soldier, and have experienced a few battlefields in my day; but also because our President declares that even our own homes are on the battlefield, whether we wish them to be or not, and I have no choice but to believe him; it’s not just that the NDAA passed – a battlefield is not defined by law; it’s the profound build-up of martial power and resources across my once-great nation which tells me a battle is being prepared here.

Over two billion rounds of ammunition procured by DHS and its sub-agencies in the past 18 months, plus machine guns in the tens of thousands, armored vehicles, combat aircraft, drones, and other implements of war being staged throughout our nation, our home – how do you explain that except as the preparation for battle?

I will fight not because I desire it, but because I cannot justify any other course of action – when the enemy attacks, you must fight – you must kill or you will die.

I smell you, my enemy; I can feel the ambush you have laid for me and my true countrymen, all about like a sticky spider’s web, yet we will not back down; and though you will kill some of us, you will not get us all before we have finished with you.

I stand here, ready, on the eve of battle, and I ask God why I have been brough to the threshold of this battlefield, about to be thrust in, when I thought my soldiering days were through; and I am reminded that there is by His decree, a Time to Kill, as well as a Time to Die (Lev. chap. 3)… who am I to question why?

~ Anonymous

8. Jerry Fair says:

I usually agree with Ron Paul but when it comes to guns I disagree with him and anyone who thinks this country would not be better off if we banned all guns like civilized countries like Japan and England and Australia have done. Those countries get it. They are not controlled by the NRA and have banned the manufacture of guns which is the only thing that will stop the carnage taking place across the USA. Ban the possession, sale, and manufacture of all guns. Fix the problem. We don’t need any more Little-town massacres.

1. mlang52 says:

I would venture to say that most, logically thinking, people, see the blindness exhibited by by people like Jerry. He lives in Fairyland(a utopia)! I am pretty sure, he still is in the minority. But, that would not matter, anyway, if it was a majority. That is what a Republic is! There is no misunderstanding, to most of us, in what the end of the second amendment says “shall not be infringed”. I have pages of quotes from the past, founding fathers and such, that say the same thing.

:take away our guns and we are then at the mercy of thieves, criminals, and our government. Nice group to be included in, huh?

9. Michael says:

Jerry;
    You are more than welcome to move to one of these ‘fairyland’ crime free countries. Most of us Like the USA the way it is supposed to be, and will be again.

Let me know, i can get my nephues to help you pack up!

Michael Bay might direct Benghazi movie

Bay, who has spent the last several years gaining popularity for his "Transformers" films, is reportedly in talks to direct the Benghazi film "13 Hours," according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Holder wants Denzel to play him in movie

Holder spoke to The Hill about Hollywood and politics while at an event at the Washington Ideas Forum Wednesday that was hosted by The Aspen Institute and The Atlantic.

'Rival Survival' premiering Wednesday

Senators Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) and Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.) are getting ready to show America their bipartisan fire-starting skills on "Rival Survival," a reality show starring tho lawmakers that premiers Wednesday night on the Discovery Channel.

Lovitz has a field day with Hillary

Before Hillary Clinton's jobs comment is swept aside as a minor whoopsie, a few words from Jon Lovitz.

John Oliver has some ideas for the FDA

Some people want more nutrition information on food labels--but who really understands those labels anyway?

Russian hackers broke into the White House network

Hackers with suspected ties to the Russian government recently broke into the White House’s unclassified computer network, the Washington Post reported Tuesday night.

Obama is withholding over 15,000 Fast and Furious documents

President Obama claimed executive privilege to withhold over 15,000 documents relating to Operation Fast and Furious, including nearly 20 emails sent between Attorney General Eric Holder and his wife.

White House fence jumper charged with assault
WASHINGTON (AP) — The 23-year-old Maryland man who climbed over the White House fence Wednesday night has been charged with felonies for assaulting two police dogs and making threats, the Secret Service said Thursday. Dominic Adesanya of Bel Air, Maryland, is in custody of the U.S. Marshals Service for previous outstanding warrants, Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary said. […]
President Obama, unpaid bills and the curious editing of the White House transcript
President Obama, some unpaid bills and a curiously “inaudible” section of the White House recording of a speech — that’s how all good stories start, right? While at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Chicago, Obama cracked a joke about the “unpaid bills” at his home. The joke was reported by the White House Press […]
Secrecy shrouds how the Obamas cook their chicken wings

Now it seems the Obamas are tight-lipped even about their eating habits.

Justin Amash envisions a libertarian Congress

Rep. Justin Amash, the libertarian congressman from Michigan, knows that Congress is far from libertarian. But someday, he thinks that might change.

Rand Paul: The GOP's image ‘sucks’

Rand Paul didn’t mince words about the GOP.

Small college's students thrown into 2014 election

Young people tend not to engage much in the humdrum local politics that go into midterm elections. But what if it’s happening literally in their own backyard?

GOP senator: 'Sorry the government's so f***ed'

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) made some self-deprecating jokes and colorful remarks about the state of the government during a recent private gathering, per a recording provided to CNN by South Carolina Democrats.

Top lawmaker's Ebola claim

A leading House Republican says he is aware of information that points to the United States eventually receiving non-U.S. Ebola patients for treatment.