Ron Paul says members of both parties are trying to “gut our Second Amendment freedoms”

In light of the recent gun debate, former Texas Rep. Ron Paul is warning Americans that some members of Congress on both sides of aisle are trying to stage a gun grab.

“This fight is going to happen fast,” Paul wrote in an email sent out on Tuesday. “The statists are determined to strike while anti-gun hysteria across the U.S. is at full-blast.”

The former Congressman is the chairman of Campaign for Liberty, a nonprofit organization in place to protect “individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and a noninterventionist foreign policy,” according to its website.

In his C4L email, Paul warned that disarmed countries are not safer countries, as gun control activists have argued.

“Countries where only those in power are armed – supposedly for the civilian population’s “protection” – are cesspools of violence!” the former Congressman wrote.

Paul added that Obama’s gun proposals constitute an “assault on our gun rights” and condemned the gun ban proposed by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), but the C4L chairman’s harshest words came for the mandatory background checks for gun purchases, what he considers to be a “thinly veiled national gun registration scheme.”

“After all, you and I both know registration is the first step toward outright confiscation,” Paul wrote.

Paul urged Americans to sign the Liberty Protection Directive and donate to Campaign for Liberty in order to fight back against gun control advocates, for the sake of Second Amendment rights and for the well-being of the nation as a whole.

“Seeing the statists’ frantic rush to increase government power and further restrict our freedoms, I have to wonder if our gun rights are the last thread holding our republic together,” he wrote. “What might they do once they have nothing but disarmed victims in their sights? World history brings to mind some horrific possibilities.”

Comments

Comments

1. Patrick says:

Ron Paul is an amazing man who fights for our rights on a daily basis this man is a true patriot in a country of cowards. Thanks Dr. Paul.

2. Patriot1 says:

So Kelsey, you’re from St. Paul, eh? I’m sitting at my home in Burnsville as I write this, so we’re almost kind of neighbors! Look me up when you come back into town. Like your picture, you’re kinda cute! (Just being a flirt!) Seriously, I love Ron Paul. An honest man in a world of crooks, a needle in a haystack.

3. Nick says:

Ron Paul is right as always.

Governments are the largest killers of humans in the past 100 years.

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.”

George Washington

4. So sad that disinformation is the theme of the day for those who attack our God given right to self preservation as iterated in the second amendment! The fact remains that Connecticut has one of the most restrictive gun laws in the United States! It is illegal there to own an assault rifle! The other fact missed by the Media outlets is that there was no rifle used at Sandy Hook! In fact the reporting from Sandy Hook was so poor that it gave rise to questions of its legitimacy!

5. John says:

This story reminds me of an excerpt from the latest West End hit ‘It all happened on the 11-20 from Hainault to Redhill via Horsham and Reigate, calling at Carshalton Beeches, Malmesbury, Tooting Bec, and Croydon West’. The author is Mr. Neville Shunt.

Yours flatulently,
    John

6. Jer says:

I have voted since I was of age, I am ashamed. I realized in the last few years that it is just a game and people do not matter to the powers at be. I am not ashamed of my country or my God, my country needs to be protected, my God does not need to be defended He is more than capable. I want my country back! Why has there never been a successful impeach? Because it is not with in the power of the people, like cattle to the slaughter we have taken pride in false liberties and sence of securities. Diabolical programs and laws have favored or oppressors, all the while we point the fingure at each other. They try to make us into the criminally insane. They are the criminally insane, we can clearly see them by there fruits. Look at what they have done in other countries as they come to our soil. With God as our witness we shall over come! I charge you with this; love one

another and take responsibility. For the cost is to great to bear

7. Al says:

I am a soldier. I know what war looks like, what it sounds like, smells like, what it feels like in my soul. I stand today in the twilight of my nation’s grace, looking into the darkness of impending war.
    My sleep is troubled, knowing what awaits, yet the ignorant and the ‘true believers’ sleep easily in their delusions, and I am saddened by it.

Daily, I see the Blackhawk and Apache helicopters flying over my city, the military vehicles which appear so frequently now on our roads, often with ‘guns up’ in violation of Posse Comitatus, and I know why they prepare, that it is not far off.

Nightly I hear the report of gunfire near my home, the noise angry men make as they prepare to boil over. These are not soldiers – they are but angry men. And though I share their well-justified anger, I am cautious with them, for they are not disciplined, and they know not the face of war, nor the burdens it imposes upon mind, body, and soul. Because of this, they are dangerous, and I am saddened by this – that dangerous men should roam the streets near my home, full of anger and the lust for vengeance.

All about me are the ceaseless murmurs of soulless politicians and media propagandists, who wear their agendas on their sleeves as a badge of superiority, and the boundless echoes of their contrived ‘message’ assaults me from all sides, even repeated from the mouths of dear friends, and I am saddened by it.

I bear witness to the fact that throughout my lifetime, the lifeblood of my republic has been drained away by greedy and self-serving men, from high to low, who contrive nought but deception against their neighbors and countrymen, and who fail to consider that their children and mine shall share the same fate, the same future, and I am saddened by it.

But I am a soldier, and I know what must be done; and so I shall put away my sadness and I shall harness up the bitter steed of war, and gird myself up for the battle; and I shall ride out to meet the enemies of Liberty; not in rage, not for anger sake or the hope of vengeance; but because I swore an oath before God, to jealously guard our Republic and its Constitution against all enemies; Him I shall not disappoint, for He is my Hope and my Trust.

Therefore, as much as my soul laments against the harsh truth before me, I make this declaration to my enemies who press me into this battle, that none shall be able to afterwards say “I did not know, you did not warn me”;

I do not care why you took that job with the government, or why you continue to hold it. I only know that you have become Judas and sold yourself to an oppressive state – your government office buildings and vehicles are part of the battlefield, and as a soldier I shall act accordingly.

I do not care why, as a journalist, you choose to spin and corrupt the news, rather than report the plain truth and let the people judge for themselves. I only know that you have violated the public trust in the most vile and seditious manner, and thus your homes, offices, studios, vehicles, and any other place you may find yourself, are part of the battlefield, and as a soldier I shall act accordingly.

I do not care why you signed that union card. I only know that you pay dues to a communist organization which conducts treasonous works against my Republic daily – and so your union hall and your work-sites are part of the battlefield, and as a soldier I shall act accordingly.

I do not care that you only voted for the traitor because you are elderly/disabled or otherwise dependent upon government largess. Are you so ignorant and/or disinterested that you could not see through their propaganda, to the fact that your sustenance was assured either way? What have you gained now that the public housing areas you live in, and the public facilities you depend on, are part of the battlefield? Though I am a soldier, I can afford you little protection, for you have placed yourselves on the battlefield.

I know that all of these places and all of these people are part of the battlefield, not just because I am a soldier, and have experienced a few battlefields in my day; but also because our President declares that even our own homes are on the battlefield, whether we wish them to be or not, and I have no choice but to believe him; it’s not just that the NDAA passed – a battlefield is not defined by law; it’s the profound build-up of martial power and resources across my once-great nation which tells me a battle is being prepared here.

Over two billion rounds of ammunition procured by DHS and its sub-agencies in the past 18 months, plus machine guns in the tens of thousands, armored vehicles, combat aircraft, drones, and other implements of war being staged throughout our nation, our home – how do you explain that except as the preparation for battle?

I will fight not because I desire it, but because I cannot justify any other course of action – when the enemy attacks, you must fight – you must kill or you will die.

I smell you, my enemy; I can feel the ambush you have laid for me and my true countrymen, all about like a sticky spider’s web, yet we will not back down; and though you will kill some of us, you will not get us all before we have finished with you.

I stand here, ready, on the eve of battle, and I ask God why I have been brough to the threshold of this battlefield, about to be thrust in, when I thought my soldiering days were through; and I am reminded that there is by His decree, a Time to Kill, as well as a Time to Die (Lev. chap. 3)… who am I to question why?

~ Anonymous

8. Jerry Fair says:

I usually agree with Ron Paul but when it comes to guns I disagree with him and anyone who thinks this country would not be better off if we banned all guns like civilized countries like Japan and England and Australia have done. Those countries get it. They are not controlled by the NRA and have banned the manufacture of guns which is the only thing that will stop the carnage taking place across the USA. Ban the possession, sale, and manufacture of all guns. Fix the problem. We don’t need any more Little-town massacres.

1. mlang52 says:

I would venture to say that most, logically thinking, people, see the blindness exhibited by by people like Jerry. He lives in Fairyland(a utopia)! I am pretty sure, he still is in the minority. But, that would not matter, anyway, if it was a majority. That is what a Republic is! There is no misunderstanding, to most of us, in what the end of the second amendment says “shall not be infringed”. I have pages of quotes from the past, founding fathers and such, that say the same thing.

:take away our guns and we are then at the mercy of thieves, criminals, and our government. Nice group to be included in, huh?

9. Michael says:

Jerry;
    You are more than welcome to move to one of these ‘fairyland’ crime free countries. Most of us Like the USA the way it is supposed to be, and will be again.

Let me know, i can get my nephues to help you pack up!

Secret Service threatened Mr. Met's life once

Mr. Met sure has a lot of fans in New York. But the larger-than-life mascot definitely doesn't have a fan in the Secret Service, who threatened to shoot and kill him if he approached President Bill Clinton.

Jill Biden on Joe: "I fell in love with the boys first"

Second Lady of the United States Dr. Jill Biden didn't marry Vice President Joe Biden for his sense of humor -- instead, she "fell in love" with his two sons first.

Joe Biden's first Instagram photo

Ladies and gentlemen of this great nation, rejoice! Vice President Joe Biden has joined Instagram -- and his first post is everything you ever dreamed it would be.

Celebrate Tax Day with this ditty

What better way to celebrate curse Tax Day than with a little toe-tapping, finger-snapping ditty that perfectly describes how we all feel about the Internal Revenue Service?

Joy Behar roasts Chris Christie

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) may need some ice for a few burns he sustained from former "The View" host Joy Behar, as the comedian delivered an awkward roast of the 2016 presidential hopeful.

Jay Carney: “Never been a more transparent administration”

Despite consistent objections by journalists that the White House overly restricts press access, Press Secretary Jay Carney believes that there has "never been a more transparent administration."

Jay Carney: Toughest interview for Obama in 2012 was with Jon Stewart

Give comedian Jon Stewart a gold star sticker. The host of The Daily Show was President Barack Obama's toughest interviewer during the 2012 election cycle, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said on Thursday.

The most powerful selfie in the world

Joe Biden — he's just like you, and he takes selfies, too.

Obama: Republicans a threat to the right to vote

President Barack Obama slammed Republicans on Friday for supporting voter identification law and labeled the GOP as a threat to the right to vote.

Republicans renew fight against Obamacare as Sebelius resigns

FOX NEWS -- Republicans responded to news of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius' resignation from the Obama administration on Thursday with fresh calls to repeal the president's health care law.

Read more at FOX News.

Rep Black: GOP budget makes a path to a bright future

Our nation is $17.4 trillion in debt and out of control Washington spending has no end in sight. In fact, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that on our current trajectory we will return to $1 trillion annual budget deficits by the year 2022.

Cruz: Impeach Holder

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) pulled no punches when criticizing Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday, as he called on Congress to impeach the Department of Justice head.

Pelosi: GOP not acting on immigration because of race

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) pulled the race card when speaking about Republicans' inaction in passing comprehensive immigration reform and said "race has something to do" with the GOP not bringing such legislation to the House floor.

House passes Ryan's budget plan

The House on Thursday passed a 10-year Republican spending plan drafted by Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan.

Read more at The Washington Examiner.

Harry Reid's Koch-fueled meltdown

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has been in a Koch-fueled rage, seizing moments left and right (mostly from the left) to bash Charles and David Koch.