Angus T. Jones, the young star of CBS’s “Two and a Half Men” has been welcomed to return to the show, despite last year urging viewers to stop watching the “filth.”
CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler announced Saturday during the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour that CBS “would like him to be a part of” Season 11.
The television network has chosen to show no hard feelings to the actor after he lashed out against the hit comedy in a video that went viral last November.
“He’s made his public apology and we’ve moved on,” Tassler said.
But while CBS has “moved on” from this embarrassing moment, the public may have trouble forgetting Jones labeling the show “filth” in this infamous video which appeared on Forerunner Chronicles. During a filmed interview in which he shared about his newfound Christian faith, Jones teared down his own show and even demanded viewers to stop watching “Two and a Half Men.”
“If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men,’ please stop watching ‘Two and a Half Men’,” Jones said in the video. “I’m on ‘Two and a Half Men,’ and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, please stop filling your head with filth.”
Correcting his public blunder, the actor released an apology the next day through his PR firm. “Chuck Lorre ["Two and a Half Men" creator], Peter Roth [Warner Bros President] and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date,” the statement reads.
Warners Bros. and the cast have not yet signed on for an eleventh season, but Tassler assured the press that Warner Bros is “equally interested.”
As for Jones, despite reports that he was leaving the show after Season 10, Tassler still believes “he would like to come back.”
“We’d like him to be part of it next year,” Tassler told reporters at the press junket. “I think he would like to come back too; Chuck would like him to come back; Warner Bros would like him to come back.”
Given the recent economy ,the young actor could be frightened about the appalling job market if he should decide to not return to “Two and a Half Men.” He said during an RNC event in August that he has “been very fortunate about getting work,” but his fortune could run out if he leaves the show that has employed him for the past 10 years.
To revisit Jones’s controversial comments about “Two and a Half Men,” watch the video below.