Deadline Extended

Know a young conservative who should be on Red Alert's 2015 '30 Under 30' List? Nominate them by May 29.

Chris Matthews accuses conservatives of having “racial hatred” toward Obama

It took only minutes for MSNBC’s Chris Matthews to pull the race card after Monday night’s foreign policy debate.

It all began with Rachel Maddow asking why Romney might be “reversing himself” from positions he took during the primary season and whether this could affect his support from the conservative base.  Matthews was quick to dismiss this and in doing so, once again, made the election an issue of race.

Regarding conservatives, Matthews said, “I think they hate Obama. They want him out of the White House more than they want to destroy Al Qaeda.  Their number one enemy in the world right now, on the right, is their hatred, hatred for Obama.

“And we can go into that about the white working class in the South and looking at these numbers we’re getting the last couple days about racial hatred in many cases… this isn’t about being a better President, they want to get rid of this President.”

Matthews’ “racial hatred” comments did not even come a half hour after the debate had ended.

Not content to just play the race card Matthews also hit Romney for his tough talk toward Iran.

“Any jackass can talk about bombing Iran, but they never talk about the consequences,” Matthews said.

What Matthews fails to understand is that conservative voters are supporting Romney because he is not Obama.  This support does not originate in the color of each candidate’s skin, but instead in the foundations of their beliefs and the promises that they have made throughout the campaign.

MSNBC’s repeated claims that racism is playing a role in this election is beyond the lowest level of politics.

Comments

Comments

1. Mel S says:

I’m sick and tired of the ‘Race’ bating excuse. I dislike Obama’s policies in all fronts, domestic, foreign and social! He has a dismal record ‘NO’ one with an ounce of commonsense would wish to defend. End of story. Stop stirring up this racial nonsense Chris Matthews!!

1. Cindy says:

You said it perfectly. I don’t hate Obama personally but I do not like his policies. Period. Explain to me how that has anything to do with the color of his skin?

What I do hate is that people like Spittle Matthews, the other MSNBC lunatics & liberals think I should be convinced that our economy will get any better under this administration & Obama’s policies. I also hate that people like Spittle & the sorry excuse for media in the US thinks we are too stupid to make that determination ourselves and that we will cast our votes based on his performance. Period.

I am a reasonable person that is capable of seeing past someone’s skin color and can certainly see past the (D) or (R) after a person’s name, something that Spittle, the media and Obama’s administration aren’t capable of doing. I am also capable of seeing that liberal, white men at MSNBC think they can throw around charges of racism without evidence or proof for the most despicable reason, politics. It is truly shameful.

2. William says:

So sick of the Race card. I don’t believe in Socialism. What is wrong with that? Is it not racist that blacks voted for him only because he is black? I think it is. Yet because I oppose Obama as the leader of the free world and me busting my ass only to have the Government give my money to some bum that refuses to get a job, I’m a racist. Funny how things work these days. To hell with Chris Matthews too. He is clearly a moron.

3. Sharon says:

It’s all about policy, the economy, deficit, jobs, etc. Skin color hasn’t played a role in a long time now with the exception of Chris Mathews and those who would attempt to keep racism alive.

4. Susan says:

I would vote for a conservative African-American man or woman – just not this radical man who spends money like a 16-year-old with his father’s credit card. -Not a man with an extreme view on abortion. -Not a man who doesn’t seem to respect our military enough. I am not prejudice, but if all white men were like Chris Matthews, I might be prejudice against white middle-aged males.

5. Jermaine says:

I am black and a conservative and I dont support socialism or big useless government Chris. Race card is the foundation of your argument? So sad

6. Daisuke says:

Matthews is an idiot, He is in his liberal bubble and believes Obama is a God and has done no wrong. So when people are upset with Obama, it can’t be about his record, or about his policies, or anything Obama has done, because he is perfect. So therfore in his liberal mind, they must be racist, because there is nothing wrong with wonderful Obama, to parapharse (this is a quote, just replaced other candidates name with Romney’s, but the message is the same, was a top ten list) “the number One reason, not to vote for Romney: If Romney wins, then I won’t get to call anyone who disagrees with me a racist, for not supporting our dear, great, imperial leader, Barack Hussein Obama”
    Number six was “Obama still gives me that tingly sensation up my leg”

7. blasterMan says:

A lot of white people voted for Obama in 2008. Now, if they choose not to, based on his obvious failures, they’re racists? Cries of racism are the ammunition of the intellectually inferior. Chris “thrill up my leg” Matthews is a joke, not a journalist. How do these people get these high paying high visibility jobs when all they do is spread lies and vitriol? Sad.

Anti-Stephanopoulos artwork invades NYC

Posters depicting ABC News anchor George Stephanopolous and a smiling Hillary Clinton with the words "PayPal" and "Donate" written on them have been popping up close to the studio where ABC shoots Good Morning America.

Rubio gets first celeb endorsement

The Florida senator and official GOP candidate for president has just received a big celebrity endorsement from Rick Harrison of the popular show "Pawn Stars," according to a report in the Las Vegas Sun.

Snoop Dogg endorses Hillary Clinton

Snoop Dogg became the latest rapper to endorse the Democratic presidential candidate during his appearance on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" over the weekend.

John Oliver shocked by House NSA reform

John Oliver was shocked to hear that the House recently passed NSA reform.

Introducing the 2016 SNL primary

The weekend comedy show has been skewering candidates for president left and right -- some more than others -- so much so that we thought it a good idea to track the program's focus on specific candidates.

Video

t u

2016

Are LinkedIn users ready for Hillary?

The presidential hopeful announced her arrival to the professional social networking site on Thursday with a post listing “Four Ways to Jump-Start Small Business.”

Clinton Foundation got $26M in undisclosed payments

The Clinton Foundation on Thursday made public that it received up to $26.4 million in previously undisclosed payments from corporations, universities, and even foreign sources, according to the Washington Post.

Clinton got now-classified Benghazi info on email

WASHINGTON (AP) Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton received information on her private email server about the deadly attack on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi that has now been classified.

Clinton hires illegal immigrant to campaign staff

According to the New York Times, the Clinton campaign announced Wednesday that it has hired Lorella Praeli, an illegal immigrant and "Dreamer" activist, to spearhead Hispanic outreach for Hillary ahead of 2016.

AP reporter: Hillary only talking to supporters

According to Associated Press reporter Julie Pace, the small events that have made up the bulk of Hillary's presidential campaign thus far have involved the Democratic candidate only interacting with Americans who support her and not a more representative fraction of the actual U.S. population.

Policy

Professor: Americans can't handle owning guns

In an op-ed for The Dallas Morning News, Prof. John Traphagan, who teaches religious studies and anthropology at the University of Texas at Austin, demands that Americans give up gun ownership after several tragic, high-profile shootings that have taken place recently.

Obama: Climate change is a security 'threat'

Obama spoke of global warming's looming threat during his commencement address to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, Connecticut, Wednesday.

Poll: Most Americans highly value privacy

For all the talk about “privacy,” the word “privacy” can sometimes be a nebulous concept, about which people hold contradictory views.

Poll: Dems support federal ban on hate speech
It seems that a lot of Americans don’t think that freedom of speech should be protected anymore. A poll released Wednesday by YouGov has found that a small majority of the American public support limiting the First Amendment if it means banning hate speech. The poll, conducted in early May, asked respondents whether they would support […]
Rand Paul filibuster highlights

In the end, Rand Paul’s Patriot Act filibuster failed to crack his previous record, clocking in at roughly 10.5 hours.