Chris Matthews accuses conservatives of having “racial hatred” toward Obama

It took only minutes for MSNBC’s Chris Matthews to pull the race card after Monday night’s foreign policy debate.

It all began with Rachel Maddow asking why Romney might be “reversing himself” from positions he took during the primary season and whether this could affect his support from the conservative base.  Matthews was quick to dismiss this and in doing so, once again, made the election an issue of race.

Regarding conservatives, Matthews said, “I think they hate Obama. They want him out of the White House more than they want to destroy Al Qaeda.  Their number one enemy in the world right now, on the right, is their hatred, hatred for Obama.

“And we can go into that about the white working class in the South and looking at these numbers we’re getting the last couple days about racial hatred in many cases… this isn’t about being a better President, they want to get rid of this President.”

Matthews’ “racial hatred” comments did not even come a half hour after the debate had ended.

Not content to just play the race card Matthews also hit Romney for his tough talk toward Iran.

“Any jackass can talk about bombing Iran, but they never talk about the consequences,” Matthews said.

What Matthews fails to understand is that conservative voters are supporting Romney because he is not Obama.  This support does not originate in the color of each candidate’s skin, but instead in the foundations of their beliefs and the promises that they have made throughout the campaign.

MSNBC’s repeated claims that racism is playing a role in this election is beyond the lowest level of politics.

Comments

Comments

1. Mel S says:

I’m sick and tired of the ‘Race’ bating excuse. I dislike Obama’s policies in all fronts, domestic, foreign and social! He has a dismal record ‘NO’ one with an ounce of commonsense would wish to defend. End of story. Stop stirring up this racial nonsense Chris Matthews!!

1. Cindy says:

You said it perfectly. I don’t hate Obama personally but I do not like his policies. Period. Explain to me how that has anything to do with the color of his skin?

What I do hate is that people like Spittle Matthews, the other MSNBC lunatics & liberals think I should be convinced that our economy will get any better under this administration & Obama’s policies. I also hate that people like Spittle & the sorry excuse for media in the US thinks we are too stupid to make that determination ourselves and that we will cast our votes based on his performance. Period.

I am a reasonable person that is capable of seeing past someone’s skin color and can certainly see past the (D) or (R) after a person’s name, something that Spittle, the media and Obama’s administration aren’t capable of doing. I am also capable of seeing that liberal, white men at MSNBC think they can throw around charges of racism without evidence or proof for the most despicable reason, politics. It is truly shameful.

2. William says:

So sick of the Race card. I don’t believe in Socialism. What is wrong with that? Is it not racist that blacks voted for him only because he is black? I think it is. Yet because I oppose Obama as the leader of the free world and me busting my ass only to have the Government give my money to some bum that refuses to get a job, I’m a racist. Funny how things work these days. To hell with Chris Matthews too. He is clearly a moron.

3. Sharon says:

It’s all about policy, the economy, deficit, jobs, etc. Skin color hasn’t played a role in a long time now with the exception of Chris Mathews and those who would attempt to keep racism alive.

4. Susan says:

I would vote for a conservative African-American man or woman – just not this radical man who spends money like a 16-year-old with his father’s credit card. -Not a man with an extreme view on abortion. -Not a man who doesn’t seem to respect our military enough. I am not prejudice, but if all white men were like Chris Matthews, I might be prejudice against white middle-aged males.

5. Jermaine says:

I am black and a conservative and I dont support socialism or big useless government Chris. Race card is the foundation of your argument? So sad

6. Daisuke says:

Matthews is an idiot, He is in his liberal bubble and believes Obama is a God and has done no wrong. So when people are upset with Obama, it can’t be about his record, or about his policies, or anything Obama has done, because he is perfect. So therfore in his liberal mind, they must be racist, because there is nothing wrong with wonderful Obama, to parapharse (this is a quote, just replaced other candidates name with Romney’s, but the message is the same, was a top ten list) “the number One reason, not to vote for Romney: If Romney wins, then I won’t get to call anyone who disagrees with me a racist, for not supporting our dear, great, imperial leader, Barack Hussein Obama”
    Number six was “Obama still gives me that tingly sensation up my leg”

7. blasterMan says:

A lot of white people voted for Obama in 2008. Now, if they choose not to, based on his obvious failures, they’re racists? Cries of racism are the ammunition of the intellectually inferior. Chris “thrill up my leg” Matthews is a joke, not a journalist. How do these people get these high paying high visibility jobs when all they do is spread lies and vitriol? Sad.

Maher: Clinton scandals a 'bulls--t meme

The "Real Time" host defended Bill and Hillary amid reports of the Clinton Foundation's suspect finances during a segment of his show Friday night, even while both his liberal and conservative guests criticized the presidential pair for their latest controversy, according to Mediaite.

Frankie Muniz comes out as conservative
Actor and child star Frankie Muniz may be best known for “Malcolm in the Middle” and “Agent Cody Banks,” but he’s hoping that he can make his work for soldiers and in the political realm a bigger part of his legacy. Muniz talked to D.C. morning show WMAL about his new projects working for PTSD awareness […]
ESPN host slams Tom Brady for Obama snub

ESPN host Stephen A. Smith is very angry that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady skipped out on President Obama's ceremony to honor the Super Bowl champion team at the White House Thursday.

Jenner comes out as trans, Republican
Former Olympian and “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” star Bruce Jenner finally revealed that he identifies as a woman in his Friday night “20/20″ interview with Diane Sawyer, but it was a different announcement that had viewers freaking out. Sawyer asked if Jenner cheered when President Obama became the first president to even say the […]
Waka Flocka Flame endorses Hillary

Just days after announcing his own candidacy for president in 2016, Waka Flocka Flame is endorsing Hillary Clinton for the White House. The Atlanta rapper said during a recent interview with MTV News that he will vote for Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.

2016

Pizza Hut mocked Hillary Clinton in 1999 ad

BuzzFeed has unearthed a 1999 Pizza Hut advertisement that mocked Hillary Clinton for being a carpetbagger by moving to New York in order to run for the state's U.S. Senate seat.

Clinton Foundation placed on 'watch list'

The prominent charity watchdog group Charity Navigator has put the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation on its "watch list" along with two dozen other suspect charities, like Al Sharpton's National Action Network.

Rand: 'I’m tired of us retreating' on abortion

Rand Paul wants conservatives to go on offense when it comes to debating abortion.

Rand Paul attacks Jeb Bush in anti-NSA Tweetstorm

Last week, Jeb Bush declared NSA spying "the best part of the Obama administration"-- so you knew it was only a matter of time before Rand Paul had something to say about that.

Scott Walker challenges Obama to poker game

Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker continued his foreign policy feud with Obama this weekend, suggesting that the president's weakness on the Iran nuclear deal makes him the ideal poker opponent.

Policy

New surgeon general defends gun control tweet

Newly-sworn-in Surgeon General Vivek Murthy defended his past comments on gun control--comments which stalled his confirmation for over a year.

The new 'Call of Duty' game is based off Snowden

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 takes place within the story of "the largest leak of intelligence in military history," involving pages of redacted security documents that spill closely-held government secrets. Sound familiar?

Obamacare brings growth in food stamp enrollment
CHICAGO (AP) — President Barack Obama’s health care law has had a surprising side effect: In some states, it appears to be enticing more Americans to apply for food stamps, even as the economy improves. New, streamlined application systems built for the health care overhaul are making it easier for people to enroll in government benefit […]
DC gets mad at Gowdy and Buck over gun photo

Reps Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) and Ken Buck (R-Colo.) just dodged a run-in with the D.C. authorities.

The danger of policing through Facebook

These days, everything happens on social media--including solving crime.