Chris Matthews accuses conservatives of having “racial hatred” toward Obama

It took only minutes for MSNBC’s Chris Matthews to pull the race card after Monday night’s foreign policy debate.

It all began with Rachel Maddow asking why Romney might be “reversing himself” from positions he took during the primary season and whether this could affect his support from the conservative base.  Matthews was quick to dismiss this and in doing so, once again, made the election an issue of race.

Regarding conservatives, Matthews said, “I think they hate Obama. They want him out of the White House more than they want to destroy Al Qaeda.  Their number one enemy in the world right now, on the right, is their hatred, hatred for Obama.

“And we can go into that about the white working class in the South and looking at these numbers we’re getting the last couple days about racial hatred in many cases… this isn’t about being a better President, they want to get rid of this President.”

Matthews’ “racial hatred” comments did not even come a half hour after the debate had ended.

Not content to just play the race card Matthews also hit Romney for his tough talk toward Iran.

“Any jackass can talk about bombing Iran, but they never talk about the consequences,” Matthews said.

What Matthews fails to understand is that conservative voters are supporting Romney because he is not Obama.  This support does not originate in the color of each candidate’s skin, but instead in the foundations of their beliefs and the promises that they have made throughout the campaign.

MSNBC’s repeated claims that racism is playing a role in this election is beyond the lowest level of politics.

Comments

Comments

1. Mel S says:

I’m sick and tired of the ‘Race’ bating excuse. I dislike Obama’s policies in all fronts, domestic, foreign and social! He has a dismal record ‘NO’ one with an ounce of commonsense would wish to defend. End of story. Stop stirring up this racial nonsense Chris Matthews!!

1. Cindy says:

You said it perfectly. I don’t hate Obama personally but I do not like his policies. Period. Explain to me how that has anything to do with the color of his skin?

What I do hate is that people like Spittle Matthews, the other MSNBC lunatics & liberals think I should be convinced that our economy will get any better under this administration & Obama’s policies. I also hate that people like Spittle & the sorry excuse for media in the US thinks we are too stupid to make that determination ourselves and that we will cast our votes based on his performance. Period.

I am a reasonable person that is capable of seeing past someone’s skin color and can certainly see past the (D) or (R) after a person’s name, something that Spittle, the media and Obama’s administration aren’t capable of doing. I am also capable of seeing that liberal, white men at MSNBC think they can throw around charges of racism without evidence or proof for the most despicable reason, politics. It is truly shameful.

2. William says:

So sick of the Race card. I don’t believe in Socialism. What is wrong with that? Is it not racist that blacks voted for him only because he is black? I think it is. Yet because I oppose Obama as the leader of the free world and me busting my ass only to have the Government give my money to some bum that refuses to get a job, I’m a racist. Funny how things work these days. To hell with Chris Matthews too. He is clearly a moron.

3. Sharon says:

It’s all about policy, the economy, deficit, jobs, etc. Skin color hasn’t played a role in a long time now with the exception of Chris Mathews and those who would attempt to keep racism alive.

4. Susan says:

I would vote for a conservative African-American man or woman – just not this radical man who spends money like a 16-year-old with his father’s credit card. -Not a man with an extreme view on abortion. -Not a man who doesn’t seem to respect our military enough. I am not prejudice, but if all white men were like Chris Matthews, I might be prejudice against white middle-aged males.

5. Jermaine says:

I am black and a conservative and I dont support socialism or big useless government Chris. Race card is the foundation of your argument? So sad

6. Daisuke says:

Matthews is an idiot, He is in his liberal bubble and believes Obama is a God and has done no wrong. So when people are upset with Obama, it can’t be about his record, or about his policies, or anything Obama has done, because he is perfect. So therfore in his liberal mind, they must be racist, because there is nothing wrong with wonderful Obama, to parapharse (this is a quote, just replaced other candidates name with Romney’s, but the message is the same, was a top ten list) “the number One reason, not to vote for Romney: If Romney wins, then I won’t get to call anyone who disagrees with me a racist, for not supporting our dear, great, imperial leader, Barack Hussein Obama”
    Number six was “Obama still gives me that tingly sensation up my leg”

7. blasterMan says:

A lot of white people voted for Obama in 2008. Now, if they choose not to, based on his obvious failures, they’re racists? Cries of racism are the ammunition of the intellectually inferior. Chris “thrill up my leg” Matthews is a joke, not a journalist. How do these people get these high paying high visibility jobs when all they do is spread lies and vitriol? Sad.

Obama: LeBron 'did the right thing'

President Obama supports LeBron James' decision to wear an "I can't breathe" t-shirt during warmup before the NBA game between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Brooklyn Nets last week.

Al Sharpton, Hollywood's Sony Liaison

In a private meeting with Rev. Al Sharpton at the Greenwich Hotel in New York City Thursday, Sony Pictures chair Amy Pascal told Sharpton that he could have a voice in how the movie studio makes its films.

Clooney: Release 'The Interview' online

George Clooney may have the most awesomely toothy response to the Sony Pictures cyberattack that forced the movie studio to pull the film "The Interview" from its December 25 release.

Jon Stewart might ruin your childhood

Jon Stewart brought his nightmare-inducing recurring character “Gitmo” on the show to talk about the normalization of U.S. relations with Cuba.

Colbert's embargo on the Vatican

Colbert had to chide his audience Wednesday night for getting excited about making “Cuba more libre.”

Obama: we can’t have censorship subject to ‘some dictator someplace’

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama declared Friday that Sony "made a mistake" in shelving a satirical film about a plot to assassinate North Korea's leader, and he pledged the U.S. would respond "in a place and manner and time that we choose" to the hacking attack on Sony that led to the withdrawal. The FBI blamed the hack on the communist government.

U.S. confirms North Korea was behind Sony attack and promises ‘proportional’ response

Officials no longer merely suspect North Korea to be behind the cyberattack on Sony Picture—they’ve confirmed it.

District court declares Obama’s executive action on immigration unconstitutional
A federal court in Pennsylvania declared parts of President Obama’s executive actions on immigration unconstitutional Tuesday. Judge Arthur J. Schwab, sitting in the western district of Pennsylvania, said presidents do have the power to use discretion in deciding how to enforce laws, but found that Obama’s recent executive action went much further than that.  He said Obama was writing […]
Obama administration extends Pell grants to juvenile offenders
The Obama administration has set out new guidelines that allow for students sentenced to juvenile correctional facilities to be eligible for federal Pell grants. The U.S. Department of Education and Department of Justice sent out a joint release Monday that clarified an earlier law. Congress in 1994 prohibited inmates at federal and state prisons from receiving Pell Grants […]
White House denies report that it wants to delay release of CIA torture report

The White House is insisting it wants the Senate Intelligence Committee to release its report on CIA torture practices, despite a report that Secretary of State John Kerry is trying to scuttle it.

Rubio says Rand Paul is clueless on Cuba

Sen. Marco Rubio made his criticism of a fellow Republican plain Thursday night.

Gowdy's office responds to Speaker chatter

Rep. Trey Gowdy has become a sensation on the Right, with his no-nonsense style and committee hearing takedowns of Obama officials garnering him praise and attention.

Rand Paul: 'Opening up Cuba is a good idea'

Sen. Rand Paul broke with the Republican Party's prevailing argument against President Obama's Cuba policy Thursday, saying the move toward opening trade with the long-embargoed nation "probably" is a good idea.

Retiring DemHenry Waxman's farewell ode to govt

You'd think that, 40 years in, a congressman might grow cynical about the prospects of government meddling. Not retiring Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.)!

Senate Confirms Pro-Gun Control Surgeon General
NATIONAL JOURNAL — The Senate narrowly confirmed a new surgeon general whose nomination was delayed for months in a fight over his comments alleging that guns are a public health issue. The confirmation represents a victory for gun-control advocates, even as recent polling has shown Americans moving in the other direction toward gun-rights protections. The […]