Chris Matthews accuses conservatives of having “racial hatred” toward Obama

It took only minutes for MSNBC’s Chris Matthews to pull the race card after Monday night’s foreign policy debate.

It all began with Rachel Maddow asking why Romney might be “reversing himself” from positions he took during the primary season and whether this could affect his support from the conservative base.  Matthews was quick to dismiss this and in doing so, once again, made the election an issue of race.

Regarding conservatives, Matthews said, “I think they hate Obama. They want him out of the White House more than they want to destroy Al Qaeda.  Their number one enemy in the world right now, on the right, is their hatred, hatred for Obama.

“And we can go into that about the white working class in the South and looking at these numbers we’re getting the last couple days about racial hatred in many cases… this isn’t about being a better President, they want to get rid of this President.”

Matthews’ “racial hatred” comments did not even come a half hour after the debate had ended.

Not content to just play the race card Matthews also hit Romney for his tough talk toward Iran.

“Any jackass can talk about bombing Iran, but they never talk about the consequences,” Matthews said.

What Matthews fails to understand is that conservative voters are supporting Romney because he is not Obama.  This support does not originate in the color of each candidate’s skin, but instead in the foundations of their beliefs and the promises that they have made throughout the campaign.

MSNBC’s repeated claims that racism is playing a role in this election is beyond the lowest level of politics.

Comments

Comments

1. Mel S says:

I’m sick and tired of the ‘Race’ bating excuse. I dislike Obama’s policies in all fronts, domestic, foreign and social! He has a dismal record ‘NO’ one with an ounce of commonsense would wish to defend. End of story. Stop stirring up this racial nonsense Chris Matthews!!

1. Cindy says:

You said it perfectly. I don’t hate Obama personally but I do not like his policies. Period. Explain to me how that has anything to do with the color of his skin?

What I do hate is that people like Spittle Matthews, the other MSNBC lunatics & liberals think I should be convinced that our economy will get any better under this administration & Obama’s policies. I also hate that people like Spittle & the sorry excuse for media in the US thinks we are too stupid to make that determination ourselves and that we will cast our votes based on his performance. Period.

I am a reasonable person that is capable of seeing past someone’s skin color and can certainly see past the (D) or (R) after a person’s name, something that Spittle, the media and Obama’s administration aren’t capable of doing. I am also capable of seeing that liberal, white men at MSNBC think they can throw around charges of racism without evidence or proof for the most despicable reason, politics. It is truly shameful.

2. William says:

So sick of the Race card. I don’t believe in Socialism. What is wrong with that? Is it not racist that blacks voted for him only because he is black? I think it is. Yet because I oppose Obama as the leader of the free world and me busting my ass only to have the Government give my money to some bum that refuses to get a job, I’m a racist. Funny how things work these days. To hell with Chris Matthews too. He is clearly a moron.

3. Sharon says:

It’s all about policy, the economy, deficit, jobs, etc. Skin color hasn’t played a role in a long time now with the exception of Chris Mathews and those who would attempt to keep racism alive.

4. Susan says:

I would vote for a conservative African-American man or woman – just not this radical man who spends money like a 16-year-old with his father’s credit card. -Not a man with an extreme view on abortion. -Not a man who doesn’t seem to respect our military enough. I am not prejudice, but if all white men were like Chris Matthews, I might be prejudice against white middle-aged males.

5. Jermaine says:

I am black and a conservative and I dont support socialism or big useless government Chris. Race card is the foundation of your argument? So sad

6. Daisuke says:

Matthews is an idiot, He is in his liberal bubble and believes Obama is a God and has done no wrong. So when people are upset with Obama, it can’t be about his record, or about his policies, or anything Obama has done, because he is perfect. So therfore in his liberal mind, they must be racist, because there is nothing wrong with wonderful Obama, to parapharse (this is a quote, just replaced other candidates name with Romney’s, but the message is the same, was a top ten list) “the number One reason, not to vote for Romney: If Romney wins, then I won’t get to call anyone who disagrees with me a racist, for not supporting our dear, great, imperial leader, Barack Hussein Obama”
    Number six was “Obama still gives me that tingly sensation up my leg”

7. blasterMan says:

A lot of white people voted for Obama in 2008. Now, if they choose not to, based on his obvious failures, they’re racists? Cries of racism are the ammunition of the intellectually inferior. Chris “thrill up my leg” Matthews is a joke, not a journalist. How do these people get these high paying high visibility jobs when all they do is spread lies and vitriol? Sad.

Michael Bay might direct Benghazi movie

Bay, who has spent the last several years gaining popularity for his "Transformers" films, is reportedly in talks to direct the Benghazi film "13 Hours," according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Holder wants Denzel to play him in movie

Holder spoke to The Hill about Hollywood and politics while at an event at the Washington Ideas Forum Wednesday that was hosted by The Aspen Institute and The Atlantic.

'Rival Survival' premiering Wednesday

Senators Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) and Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.) are getting ready to show America their bipartisan fire-starting skills on "Rival Survival," a reality show starring tho lawmakers that premiers Wednesday night on the Discovery Channel.

Lovitz has a field day with Hillary

Before Hillary Clinton's jobs comment is swept aside as a minor whoopsie, a few words from Jon Lovitz.

John Oliver has some ideas for the FDA

Some people want more nutrition information on food labels--but who really understands those labels anyway?

Russian hackers broke into the White House network

Hackers with suspected ties to the Russian government recently broke into the White House’s unclassified computer network, the Washington Post reported Tuesday night.

Obama is withholding over 15,000 Fast and Furious documents

President Obama claimed executive privilege to withhold over 15,000 documents relating to Operation Fast and Furious, including nearly 20 emails sent between Attorney General Eric Holder and his wife.

White House fence jumper charged with assault
WASHINGTON (AP) — The 23-year-old Maryland man who climbed over the White House fence Wednesday night has been charged with felonies for assaulting two police dogs and making threats, the Secret Service said Thursday. Dominic Adesanya of Bel Air, Maryland, is in custody of the U.S. Marshals Service for previous outstanding warrants, Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary said. […]
President Obama, unpaid bills and the curious editing of the White House transcript
President Obama, some unpaid bills and a curiously “inaudible” section of the White House recording of a speech — that’s how all good stories start, right? While at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Chicago, Obama cracked a joke about the “unpaid bills” at his home. The joke was reported by the White House Press […]
Secrecy shrouds how the Obamas cook their chicken wings

Now it seems the Obamas are tight-lipped even about their eating habits.

Justin Amash envisions a libertarian Congress

Rep. Justin Amash, the libertarian congressman from Michigan, knows that Congress is far from libertarian. But someday, he thinks that might change.

Rand Paul: The GOP's image ‘sucks’

Rand Paul didn’t mince words about the GOP.

Small college's students thrown into 2014 election

Young people tend not to engage much in the humdrum local politics that go into midterm elections. But what if it’s happening literally in their own backyard?

GOP senator: 'Sorry the government's so f***ed'

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) made some self-deprecating jokes and colorful remarks about the state of the government during a recent private gathering, per a recording provided to CNN by South Carolina Democrats.

Top lawmaker's Ebola claim

A leading House Republican says he is aware of information that points to the United States eventually receiving non-U.S. Ebola patients for treatment.