Chris Matthews accuses conservatives of having “racial hatred” toward Obama

It took only minutes for MSNBC’s Chris Matthews to pull the race card after Monday night’s foreign policy debate.

It all began with Rachel Maddow asking why Romney might be “reversing himself” from positions he took during the primary season and whether this could affect his support from the conservative base.  Matthews was quick to dismiss this and in doing so, once again, made the election an issue of race.

Regarding conservatives, Matthews said, “I think they hate Obama. They want him out of the White House more than they want to destroy Al Qaeda.  Their number one enemy in the world right now, on the right, is their hatred, hatred for Obama.

“And we can go into that about the white working class in the South and looking at these numbers we’re getting the last couple days about racial hatred in many cases… this isn’t about being a better President, they want to get rid of this President.”

Matthews’ “racial hatred” comments did not even come a half hour after the debate had ended.

Not content to just play the race card Matthews also hit Romney for his tough talk toward Iran.

“Any jackass can talk about bombing Iran, but they never talk about the consequences,” Matthews said.

What Matthews fails to understand is that conservative voters are supporting Romney because he is not Obama.  This support does not originate in the color of each candidate’s skin, but instead in the foundations of their beliefs and the promises that they have made throughout the campaign.

MSNBC’s repeated claims that racism is playing a role in this election is beyond the lowest level of politics.

Comments

Comments

1. Mel S says:

I’m sick and tired of the ‘Race’ bating excuse. I dislike Obama’s policies in all fronts, domestic, foreign and social! He has a dismal record ‘NO’ one with an ounce of commonsense would wish to defend. End of story. Stop stirring up this racial nonsense Chris Matthews!!

1. Cindy says:

You said it perfectly. I don’t hate Obama personally but I do not like his policies. Period. Explain to me how that has anything to do with the color of his skin?

What I do hate is that people like Spittle Matthews, the other MSNBC lunatics & liberals think I should be convinced that our economy will get any better under this administration & Obama’s policies. I also hate that people like Spittle & the sorry excuse for media in the US thinks we are too stupid to make that determination ourselves and that we will cast our votes based on his performance. Period.

I am a reasonable person that is capable of seeing past someone’s skin color and can certainly see past the (D) or (R) after a person’s name, something that Spittle, the media and Obama’s administration aren’t capable of doing. I am also capable of seeing that liberal, white men at MSNBC think they can throw around charges of racism without evidence or proof for the most despicable reason, politics. It is truly shameful.

2. William says:

So sick of the Race card. I don’t believe in Socialism. What is wrong with that? Is it not racist that blacks voted for him only because he is black? I think it is. Yet because I oppose Obama as the leader of the free world and me busting my ass only to have the Government give my money to some bum that refuses to get a job, I’m a racist. Funny how things work these days. To hell with Chris Matthews too. He is clearly a moron.

3. Sharon says:

It’s all about policy, the economy, deficit, jobs, etc. Skin color hasn’t played a role in a long time now with the exception of Chris Mathews and those who would attempt to keep racism alive.

4. Susan says:

I would vote for a conservative African-American man or woman – just not this radical man who spends money like a 16-year-old with his father’s credit card. -Not a man with an extreme view on abortion. -Not a man who doesn’t seem to respect our military enough. I am not prejudice, but if all white men were like Chris Matthews, I might be prejudice against white middle-aged males.

5. Jermaine says:

I am black and a conservative and I dont support socialism or big useless government Chris. Race card is the foundation of your argument? So sad

6. Daisuke says:

Matthews is an idiot, He is in his liberal bubble and believes Obama is a God and has done no wrong. So when people are upset with Obama, it can’t be about his record, or about his policies, or anything Obama has done, because he is perfect. So therfore in his liberal mind, they must be racist, because there is nothing wrong with wonderful Obama, to parapharse (this is a quote, just replaced other candidates name with Romney’s, but the message is the same, was a top ten list) “the number One reason, not to vote for Romney: If Romney wins, then I won’t get to call anyone who disagrees with me a racist, for not supporting our dear, great, imperial leader, Barack Hussein Obama”
    Number six was “Obama still gives me that tingly sensation up my leg”

7. blasterMan says:

A lot of white people voted for Obama in 2008. Now, if they choose not to, based on his obvious failures, they’re racists? Cries of racism are the ammunition of the intellectually inferior. Chris “thrill up my leg” Matthews is a joke, not a journalist. How do these people get these high paying high visibility jobs when all they do is spread lies and vitriol? Sad.

Clooney throws fit after Obama name-calling

No one puts President Barack Obama in the corner — at least not on George Clooney's watch.

Fallon jabs Obama with 'depressed panda' joke

This depressed panda joke is definitely going to turn any frown upside down.

George Will to Colbert: Liberals don't want change

Conservative commentator and hapless Chicago Cubs fan George Will swung by "The Colbert Report" Tuesday to plug his new book, "A Nice Little Place on the North Side," but naturally, the conversation didn't stick to baseball.

Clay Aiken: voters 'might wonder'

Former "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken concedes that voters "might wonder" about his candidacy for Congress for a new ad.

Los Angeles GOP #StandingWithSriracha

Forget #StandWithRand -- the GOP is now choosing to #StandWithSriracha.

President Obama bows to ASIMO the robot

Finally, an individual to match the administration's artificial intelligence.

Donald Trump is really upset with the way Obama walks

President Barack Obama just can't seem to do anything right, especially in the eyes of real estate mogul Donald Trump.

Obama misses 67 percent of his shots playing basketball at Easter event

President Barack Obama went 1-for-3 shooting baskets at a White House Easter event Monday, prompting basketball scouts to question the leader of the free world's scoring ability ahead of this June's NBA Draft.

PETA is peeved with Michelle Obama and used little girls to tell her about it

First Lady Michelle Obama has earned the ire of three young girls. But they're not upset with her less-than-filling "Let's Move!" school lunches. Instead, these youngins are upset about the real eggs used in the White House Easter Egg Roll.

Jay Carney: “Never been a more transparent administration”

Despite consistent objections by journalists that the White House overly restricts press access, Press Secretary Jay Carney believes that there has "never been a more transparent administration."

Arkansas US Sen. John Boozman having surgery

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — U.S. Sen. John Boozman is undergoing surgery at an Arkansas hospital.

Republicans are winning the Twitters this year

Congrats, Congressional Republicans -- you're winning the Twitters so far in 2014!

Rep Black: GOP budget makes a path to a bright future

Our nation is $17.4 trillion in debt and out of control Washington spending has no end in sight. In fact, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that on our current trajectory we will return to $1 trillion annual budget deficits by the year 2022.

Cruz: Impeach Holder

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) pulled no punches when criticizing Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday, as he called on Congress to impeach the Department of Justice head.

Pelosi: GOP not acting on immigration because of race

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) pulled the race card when speaking about Republicans' inaction in passing comprehensive immigration reform and said "race has something to do" with the GOP not bringing such legislation to the House floor.