Despite the serious nature of the Thursday’s vice presidential debate, which predominately focused on foreign policy, the debate had its humorous moments.
Here’s the Top 12:
Ryan asks if the Catholic Church and religious freedom isn’t under attack, “Why do they keep suing you?”
“Barack Obama four years ago running for president said if you don’t have any fresh ideas, use stale tactics to scare voters. If you don’t have a good record to run on, paint your opponent as someone people should run from.”
10. Biden has a flashback from the 2008 debate
“You know, I heard that death panel argument from Sarah Palin. It seems every vice presidential debate I hear this kind of stuff about panels.”
9. Biden rejects the notion that Obama should have met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during his recent visit to the United States
“Now, with regard to Bibi, who’s been my friend 39 years, the president has met with Bibi a dozen times. He’s spoken to Bibi Netanyahu as much as he’s spoken to anybody” Biden exclaimed.
8. Ryan schools Biden on the unemployment rate in Biden’s hometown
“Do you know what the unemployment rate is in Scranton today?” Ryan asked Biden.
“Absolutely,” Biden replied.
“It’s 10 percent,” Ryan pointed out.
7. Biden whines about not getting equal time in the debate
“I’m going to keep you to about 15 seconds here,” moderator Martha Raddatz told Biden just before his answer to her strange question about what he could give the country as a man.
“Well, he gets 40, I get 15, that’s OK,” Biden whined.
“He didn’t have 40,” Raddatz shot back.
(In fact Biden spent more time talking than Ryan did during the debate).
6. Ryan describing how the Obama administration raided Medicare to pay for Obamacare
“They got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, turning Medicare into a piggybank for Obamacare.”
5. Ryan calls out Biden for his CONSTANT interruptions
“I know you’re under a lot of duress to make up for lost ground, but I think people would be better served if we don’t interrupt each other.”
4. Biden loses his cool on Ryan over Romney’s tax plan
“Jack Kennedy lowered tax rates, increased growth. Ronald Reagan…”
“Oh! NOW YOU’RE JACK KENNEDY?” Biden shouted, interrupting Biden.
(This was the most tweeted about moment during the debate).
3. Biden shows his age with an outdated curse word
“With all due respect that’s a bunch of malarkey!” Biden said in response to Ryan’s accusations about the Obama administration’s botched response to the attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya.
2. Biden struggles to find a PG word to describe how he feels about Ryan’s claims
“This is a bunch of stuff!” Biden says. “What does that mean, a bunch of stuff?” Debate moderator Martha Raddatz replied. “Well, it means it’s simply inaccurate,” Biden complained.
“It’s Irish,” Ryan jumped in.
“It is,” Biden explained. “We Irish call it malarkey.”
1. Ryan reminds the VP that those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones
“I think the vice president well knows that sometimes the words don’t come out of your mouth the right way,” Ryan said after the Vice President criticized GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney for his infamous 47 percent comment.
“I always say what I mean,” Biden retorted.
Regina Conley contributed to this report.