Young Ron Paul supporters express support for Gary Johnson, say Romney, Obama the same

Mitt Romney is just not going to cut it for many of Ron Paul’s devoted legion of young followers.

Most of the Ron Paul supporters approached by Red Alert Politics Friday night at the Liberty Political Action Conference in Chantilly, Va., said they could not see many differences between Romney and President Obama. Their general consensus was that Romney is a weak candidate who has not effectively made his case.

Libertarian candidate Gov. Gary Johnson seemed to be the choice of many. They seemed undeterred by suggestions that a vote for anyone other than Romney equals a vote for Obama as they exited the ballroom where Paul had just finished speaking.

“I’m voting for Gary Johnson because he is a better liberty candidate,” an LPAC attendee from Virginia who declined to give his name said. “I think it’s worth it long-term to continue to break the cycle of voting for people who aren’t pro-liberty.”

Sacramento-Calif.-native Kevin Duewel likewise indicated his excitement about voting for Gary Johnson, saying he was impressed by Johnson’s call during a side event at the Republican National Convention to “vote Libertarian just this once.”

Duewel seemed dissatisfied with the two-party system and expressed a desire to make the Libertarian Party a viable alternative.

“With all respects to Romney, I don’t see Obama as much worse,” Duewel said, noting that Obama and Romney are two sides of the same coin in his opinion. “For one, I don’t think Romney is going to win anyways.

“The energy in his campaign has alienated the Ron Paul folks, which means that I don’t think he’s going to have the momentum or the agility to be able to pull anything off later in this campaign season now that he’s behind in the polls.”

Another attendee from Baltimore, Md. who simply identified himself as Alex said he plans on voting for Gary Johnson because Obama and Romney are “pretty much the same person” in his view.

“I think Romney is very similar to Obama,” he said. “And I think Romney may even expand the wars even further than Obama; he seems very eager to bomb Iran, go into Syria and takedown the terrorists.

“It’s something that I’m not ready to stand for.”

While attendee Kyle Wagner said he plans on writing in Ron Paul as a tribute for his dedication in the race.

“It’s on principle,” Wagner said. “I don’t like the mainstream candidates.

“If Mitt Romney does not win. It’s his problem because he’s not been that attractive of a candidate.”

The general consensus, even among those supporting Romney, was that they were doing so reluctantly.

“The way we have it today is that we have a two-party system, and I look forward to working with the Republican Party and taking over the Republican Party for liberty from within,” Romney voter Jessie Markell said, noting his reluctance in voting for the GOP nominee.

Comments

Comments

1. George Whitfield says:

Gary Johnson is now our clear choice to restore America to peace, prosperity and liberty. He is a breath of fresh air in a stifling Presidential campaign. The Revolution continues. Live free.

1. Woody says:

Vote for 3rd party is a vote for Obama? Fine, I can live with that. Would you like to throw some more tantrums?

1. Roy says:

it’s attitudes like yours Woody that have allowed the American political landscape to stagnate in shallow pools of festering indifference. The GOP and the Liberals, have not had an original idea since, at least, Reagan. Both sides are now the Lewis Black joke; one side shouts “I’ve got a really shitty idea!”, and the other side responds “I can make make it even worse”. It is time for a change and that time started 4yrs ago.

2. P Anderson says:

Gary Johnson is the best choice and I don’t mind if Obama wins as a side-effect. At least we will avoid a war mongering candidate like Romney who is itching to intervene in Iran and spend more $$$ on non-defensive use of military.
        Seriously, without voters showing their rejection of status quo in a stark fashion, presidential elections are going to remain a choice between two bad candidates. If Gary J can get enough votes to rattle cages, next time, each party will be a bit more careful about listening to voters at large.

3. BetteRose Ryan says:

Love it!

2. Jack Tanner says:

Thanks George .. the Liberty Movement has many good spokesmen-leaders, but Gary Johnson is the only one on the November 2012 ballot.

3. Jack Tanner says:

Thanks George Whitfield for supporting Gary Johnson, the only president candidate on most state November 2012 ballots promoting Liberty Movement issues.

2. Hallie Roberts says:

Romney and Obama ARE NOT THE SAME, OR EVEN CLOSE! If you vote for a third party, you are wasting your vote, because a third party doesn’t have a chance to win. The election will be between Romney and Obama. Don’t vote for anyone else. Vote FOR ROMNEY. OR ELSE YOU WILL BE VOTING FOR OBAMA AND ALL WILL BE LOST!

1. John Balzer says:

I can understand why people think that Romney’s win or lose margin is so tiny that Gary Johnson will generate an Obama win. . . but actual polls say different. Gary Johnson is unique in that while fiscally conservative he is also socially tolerant and as such will garner nearly equal votes from both the big two. Gary Johnson has ideas that America needs to hear, ideas that Obama and Romney are not expressing. He actually has a plan how to save the country.

2. jaron says:

That’s a terrible reason to not vote for a 3rd party.

That’s the whole issue, if i don’t agree with obama or romney and on one else was running I just wouldn’t vote.

Why would you vote for someone you don’t agree with? Letting more people run for president is NOT a bad thing,

3. Stebro says:

That’s the same tired old argument that has landed us exactly where we are now. “All will be lost.” What nonsense. Both candidates are anti-liberty big government socialists. It’s time for a new direction and neither party is capable.

4. Dan says:

If you are a pro-life Republican, if you support the status quo on intervention and military spending, if you like subsidizing oil companies and agribusiness, if you are opposed to gay marriage and an end to marijuana prohibition, and if you support a spending freeze or limited spending increases, then you should probably vote for Romney.

Romney will probably lose. He has failed to run an effective campaign and he is falling behind in the polls. It may turn around, but the odds definitely favor Obama at this point. By Election Day it will probably be clear whether or not Romney has a chance, and this might influence the votes of some on-the-fence Romney/Johnson people. I’m fine with that.

I’m not voting for Gary Johnson because I have delusions of him winning in November. I’m not voting for him because I’m a lifelong Libertarian. I’m voting for him because if this man who no one has ever heard of due to a media blackout scores a 5-8% on election night, then the Republican Party might be forced into an honest reckoning of their shortcomings. I would like to see the American political debate move in Johnson’s direction, and I think that voting for him directly is the best way to achieve that.

Personally, it’s a wash to me whether Romney or Obama wins. They both have positive points and they both have very negative points.

5. Zach Martin says:

Vote for anyone other than Romney is a vote for Obama? OK, I can live with that. Any other tantrums?

1. Chad says:

A vote for someone you don’t agree with on the important issues is the only way to waste a vote. If you were a supporter of Dr. Paul then You can not conceivably cast your vote to Romney. The guy has lied his ass off on film, quite frankly, the audacity of the GOP making this guy their candidate is astounding to me. I agree with Gary Johnson’s agenda and believe he is the best chance we have for restoring our civil rights taken from us by the Patriot Act and NDAA FY 2012. The other guys are just going to continue taking our freedom away, one law at a time.

1. concernedinchicago says:

@Matthew Reece

Thank you for posting/writing this. The argument of a throw away vote in this sense is completely ignorant. I am glad that there are at least a few analytical people out there.

6. Keith says:

Vote Gary Johnson….Your vote will not be wasted !

7. Ray says:

All is already lost. a wasted vote is one used to vote for a lesser evil. Especially if that evil despises you to begin with. Why would you eat a spoon full of shit if it was covered with honey rather than one covered with sugar when you don’t eat shit.. IMHO let it collapse, its past time anyway. QE3 just secured it. Screw Obama and Romney. Both puppets having their strings pulled by the same puppeteer. Too bad the puppeteer is not on the ballot.

1. Daniel Brunk says:

Right on brother! I’ve been using that analogy for years. I mean look at what we’ve had to choose from the last few elections. This two party system is not democracy in my book. They only care about $ and taking care of their contributors.they only pretend to care about”the people” whenever they are seeking our votes.sickening

2. Thad says:

“Too bad the puppeteer is not on the ballot”? How else would you describe Romney’s role at Bain Capital other than as a “Corporate Puppeteer”? Just sayin.

8. Libertarian4US says:

They are fundamentally the same I’m sorry to break that to you.. This may come as a shock but let me explain what both candidates support.. NDAA, Patriot Act, TARP, Bail outs, they both love the FED, they both love killing Americas soldiers by sending them into useless wars. They both support deficit spending and raising the debt ceiling again! Both like socialized medicine they just have different ideas on how to get there, both are pro big government, big spending and anti constitution… So please help me understand one, how they are different and two, how anything would change if Romney got elected?
      Oh and did I forget to mention both Obama and Romneys top money backer is Goldman Sachs?!?! That doesn’t set off any alarm bells?!?!?

9. WeimMom says:

I know several people who are voting for Johnson, sad as they are basically voting for Obama!

1. Slam says:

I’m voting for Governor Johnson. If he wasn’t running, my vote would not go to Romney.

2. Tyler says:

Actually a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama, and vice versa. They both support expanding the military industrial complex, they both support stripping you of your 4th and 5th Amendment rights, they both oppose auditing the private Federal Reserve, they both support Obamacare, they both support the expansion of government, they are both financed by Goldman Sachs, they are both puppets supporting whatever their controllers want. Therefore, a vote for Obama or Romney is a wasted vote.

3. Steve says:

Illogical. Not voting has the same affect. At least in our case one can vote their conscious.

Shall I spell out the math for you?

4. cantigas321 says:

How can you not see that that is the BS the GOP and Dems want you to believe so they stay in power? We need to start voting against the 2 parties not for them out of fear. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson, period. It means you are not willing to endorse Obama or Romney. I think it would be horrendous for Ron Paul supporters to vote Romney and tell the GOP it was okay to treat them the way they did. Also, RP supporters, please, please support Johnson. Write-ins are thrown away. You might feel better about yourself but you do nothing for the cause. People will start paying attention if Johnson gets a significant percentage of the electorate.

5. Ron says:

70% of Americans do not vote & the majority of them state they do so out of dissatisfaction with the Republican & Democratic parties. That means less than 30% of the population decides who the President will be. If even HALF of those non-voters were to vote 3rd party it would be a landside victory. And the two big parties know this – why do you think they won’t allow any 3rd party candidates into the debates? IT IS TIME FOR US TO TAKE BACK OUR GOVERNMENT. VOTE 3RD PARTY! I don’t care if it’s Libertarian, Constitutionalist, or Green but send a message to the R&D parties – YOU ARE FIRED!

10. common sense says:

There are many states like NY and California that are so heavy democrat that you are wasting you vote if you vote for Romney in those states, as there is no way Romney will take those states. There are states like Texas, that Obama has no chance of winning.

So if you are a republican, why not vote for Johnson if you live in NY, it is no more of a waste than if you voted for Romney. And if you live in Texas and are a democrat why not vote for Johnson? This will send a message that we do need a third party , and help to open the door to putting one in office in future elections.

11. Joseph says:

I voted for Obama in 2008, and would vote for him again jsut to keep Romney out. However, the planks in Obama’s 2008 platform regarding “rejecting illeagal wiretapping” and “overturning unconstitutional executive decisions made from 2000-08″ and “revisting the Patriot Act” — those planks are all gone in 2012. So is it OK for me and other voters who would otherwise vote for Obama to vote for Gary Johnson instead. Is that OK? Hmmm? :-)

12. Robert Howell says:

I fail to understand the logic of anyone that continues to vote for either major party’s candidate. If you take out the extremists from either party you end up with the difference between whit and off-white. I especially fail to see why anyone would vote for Romney. He is a corporate raider who was “born on third base and thinks he hit a triple “. Voting for either of the two major party candidates is the true waste of a vote. These are the diots that have gotten us where we are. Neither party represents the people…they represent the businesses that have bought them. Why do so many big businesses contribute millions and millions to both parties? To make sure they are in power no matter who wins. Please!!!! think about it…don’t be a republican or democratic robot. Anyway…ultimately I will try my best to uphold my libertarian views: I will work hard to respect your freedomt to vote for whomever whomever you choose….But please choose…don’t just be a major party zombie

1. CHRIS says:

YALL PAULBOTS BETTER VOTE ROMNEY/RYAN! ROMNEY MAY NOT BE THE PERFECT PRESIDENT, BUT WHO IS? ALL I KNOW IS THAT IF OBAMA IS REELECTED, WE ARE FUC|<ED.

13. Mike says:

We were told Romney was electable! ans the Neocons said they didn’t need Ron Paul or his supporters and they were running over our delegates in Tampa! Romney is pro war, pro fed, pro NDAA ad nausium, Why should I vote for the same thing we already have??????

14. Lib R. Tarian says:

I is precisely that sentiment that has resulted in the “2 party system.” If you are voting for someone just because you don’t want someone else to win, you are voting for the wrong reason.

15. Luther says:

Except that I simply cannot live with myself if I vote to hate the homos and vote to get religion shoved down my throat, but I also cannot vote for Obama since he is not fiscally conservative (granted neither is Romney).

16. Bill Ward says:

Wow Hallie, you are misinformed. Views like yours are why I left the Republican party to begin with. Dumb, dumb, dumb….

17. Erik says:

Ohhh right so I should be voting for the founder of Obamacare as well as the guy who supports gun control to defeat “Obama”. That makes zero sense. Obamney 2012!

18. Edward novotnik says:

It’s insane that people are too scared to vote for whom the believe! When did we become scared to speak our minds! Everyone that is reluctantly voting for Romney just to spite Obama should be ashamed! Citing the only reason as I don’t want HIM! Well what do you expect is going to happen in 4 years? I surely don’t want to hear the complaining next election season and the so wise theory of voting AGAINST another candidate again! It is insanity, by definition of Albert Einstein [doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results] to think anything will change under these circumstances. I’m standing up and voting for Johnson or Paul and its because I agree w them, and more power if you are doing the same with obama or Romney, but if you are ignorant or are voting AGAINST another candidate, then you surely shouldn’t vote at all or grow a pair and vote for what you believe! It may NOT win the election for a 3rd party candidate but it CAN show hope for future generations that we the people aren’t confined to the rich, greedy 2 party system! The way the money is wasted; the dirty legislation deals with interest groups just for money or campaign finance; the huge election campaign dollars; offshore accounts from the rich; the millions spent on policing the world; good lord we need to help ourselves and voting for the 2 party system this time is just more of the same and it’s getting sad!

19. BS says:

Everybody is right, Obama and Romney are not the same. Obama is a relatively centrist Democrat and Romney has absolutely no conviction other than getting elected. Barry Goldwater continues to turn in his grave as the Republicans continue down the Dixiecrat path, he would be ashamed of what the party has become. No more big thinkers and no more liberty within the group.

At some point we have to break the chains of the two-party system and now is as good a time to start as any other time. I’ve said from the beginning that I think a vote for Romney is a wasted vote and I still agree with that.

20. Brian says:

Hallie maybe it’s not about winning, ever think about that? how about how you play the game…. maybe it’s about getting to go on record against our establishment that doesn’t give a rat’s ass about it’s people, or its liberties. i don’t care who wins, because honestly obama hasn’t affected my life, or anyone seriously close to me.. its america. businesses fail, that’s life.. supply and demand. i lost 2 jobs due to closing while bush was president. and gas was $4.. did i blame him? nope just crappy business owners (hell even circuit city was doing horrible before bush due to their lack of ideas and talent in the business end, i and others left years before because i saw it coming)

. Romney may be different on paper. but all he’s going to do is the same as any other political ball player. expand the government, give tax breaks to corporations, as opposed to special interest groups like the dems would.. how much money has the republican party WASTED on trying to keep the Libertarian vote from reaching the poles!?! that’s not conservative, that’s a liberal waste of valuable funds.. it should border on illegal to tamper with elections. The man doesn’t even identify with his target voter base!

I say lets cut out all this pork and bull. and if we can’t, then at least America can see that we’re mad as hell and we’re not going to take anymore! a vote for Romney or Obama is a wasted vote in my opinion anyway with the electoral college. so if your vote actually doesn’t elect the presidency (I bring up GWB again, got a second term even tho clearly the people said no), at least let it go on record that you chose not to be bamboozled by our government. voting third party (especially for a candidate you believe in) is a form of peaceful protest. ever notice how nothing actually changes in this country? we keep hearing the same things. both candidates say they want essentially the same things on most issues, but nothing gets done. we keep hearing about birth certificates, tax returns.. the country can’t afford to run the way it is being run. it wasn’t designed to be as bloated. nobody in office seems to care, since when it gets bad they can just retire. you can bet they don’t need to worry about the state of social security!

21. Ted says:

I’m voting for Johnson, but my vote is coming from the left, not the right. I would have voted for Obama in a two party race. So not all votes for Johnson are depriving Romney.

22. Lindsey says:

That’s funny because democrats are telling me that a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Romney. I’m confused; if I vote for Johnson is my vote really going to Obama or Romney? :) We need a third party to come into the mainstream permanently and the way to do that is to vote for it….that’s not wasting a vote. This is the perfect time to do that since both of the other canidates are sub-par.

23. Patrick says:

So we vote now to make sure another doesn’t get in? Go back to Russia. We vote for the man we want in. Why would you go to the store and buy what you don’t want just to say you did not buy that other one. If I want milk, I buy milk. If I want Johnson in. I vote for him. If more people want Obama in then Romney or Gary then he wins. That is how it works. Two party politics is a joke. In America we need more choice then TWO party thugs that were put their by their rich endorsers. Gary Johnson is a better candidate then the other two, but morons keep buying into the TV communists that control your mind. And yes they do. If you bombard the human mind enough with a message they will believe it. Get out of here with your communism.

3. Kympa says:

It is still possible to get Ron Paul or Gary Johnson in the White House.

Method: Throw the election of the President to the House and let the die roll on January 3, 2013.

Why: It is the only practical way left now to get Ron Paul in the White House.

How: By denying both Obama and Romney a clear majority of 270+ Electoral College Votes (ECV) on November 6.

Process: Help RP win IA, ME, MN, AK and NH with a “severe” write-in campaign(“A must read”). Total of 27 ECVs. Help Johnson win NM, NV and CO (another 20 ECVs.)

Details: Ignoring the fact that Virgil Goode is a dark horse in VA with the possibility of winning the state, if all “other” candidates win 40 ECVs and Romney and Obama are nearly matched, they each get an average of 249 (Half of 538-40) ECVs in December and the House gets the burden of selecting the new president from the top three ECV candidates. Paul or Johnson will be number three along with Obama and Romney. Also 24 states impose no penalty on the Electors voting their conscience, and not their mandate so it is possible that someone from other states like TX or MN will place a vote for RP. In many other states, the penalty is not a lot more than a slap on the wrist.http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/e

The House votes by state and 26 states will need to be won to select the President. It is unlikely that Obama and Romney will cede any territory to each other publicly so there is a chance that Ron Paul can eke out a victory by the March 3rd deadline before the VP selected by the Senate becomes the President (Biden?) if the House has not decided. You may end up with a Paul/Biden team. Remember, it is the newly elected House and Senate that will decide these elections.

3. Elect Liberty minded people to Congress. That is the long term solution.

Sounds nice? Now let us make it happen.

Plan B

1. Hope that Johnson and Paul get together soon. The deadline for that is practically Sept. 14 because of the need to print overseas and military ballots. This will affect Plan A as we may end up with a Johnson/Biden term but what the heck, I would take that over anything else that is offered.

2. Make a lot of noise about getting Johnson in the debates. Get on the campaign to armtwist various pollers to include Johnson in the polls. He needs to show 15% in 5 polls to make the debates. How inconvenient when the polls don’t even include him. Break the logjam. There is only a couple of weeks left for this to happen.

Where is the good Doctor when the country really needs him.

For the crime of telling the truth, Ron Paul MUST be sentenced to serve four years in the White House.

1. Mr Ducks says:

Here is the correct link to what Kympa is trying to explain if anyone wants to check it out in detail. The link listed above is no longer a valid link. LET’S Sentence Ron Paul to be our next POTUS.

4. Cam says:

The two party system is broken. I will no longer participate in choosing between the lesser of two evils. I am voting Gary Johnson. If Romney does lose to Obama, the RNC has only themselves to blame since they have been supporting progressive Romney from day one.

1. Gary Shoemaker says:

You are right, Cam. The RNC and Team Romney have themselves to blame. Not only is Romney a progressive, he has alienated all Liberty Delegates to the RNC by overturning Liberty Delegate elections throughout the country. In addition to that, many of his “wins”, at state conventions, were “won” by having phony slates to confuse the voters.

Now, Romney is alienating libertarians by trying to force Johnson off the ballot in several states.

The irony is, Romney had this win in the bag at the RNC in Tampa. He could have reached out to Ron Paul and his many delegates. He did not need to appear to win un-opposed. He could have been gracious and extended a fig leaf. Instead, he had his RNC coronation. (For whatever that may mean for the history of this race.) I have consistently voted for the best presidential candidate on the ballot since 1968. I don’t plan on changing that anytime soon. I am not going to start throwing away my vote now.

2. Gary Shoemaker says:

3. Gary Shoemaker says:

5. John Balzer says:

6. 4merObamaguy says:

I voted for obama and would love to redeem myself (Although I think we are definitely doing better than 4 years ago) by voting for Gary Johnson. It’s going to be a tough call cause Romney is such a D-bag I am worried that the anti obama crowd is going to vote him in…only because the hate obama so much…which I think is them falling into a lot of hype and spin.
    Basically Obama has done what he had to do with the turd bag he received from GWB and on the surface things are better but fundamentally the system is still very problematic and Ron Paul and Gary Johnson seem to be the only guys talking about that and giving plans to fix it. Obama/Not Romney, or Johnson? Tough one for me…

7. G. Shoemaker says:

8. Gary Shoemaker says:

9. Mr Ducks says:

I agree with what KYMPA says above on 15Sep12. Here is the proper link to define what he is talking about as the link he has listed is no longer valid (for some odd reason) which I think we all know why.

10. I agree, Obama and Romney are NO choice since they virtually agree on everything.

Obama and Romney have forsaken the American Dream. A declaration is an affirmation. Independence means self-government. They could have called The Declaration of Independence, The Affirmation of Self-Government!

Gary Johnson and Judge Jim Gray are the only choice to Save the American Dream: Self-Government, freedom from big government tyranny and oppression…. and to Restore Justice, the guardian of Liberty!

11. I agree, Obama and Romney are NO choice since they virtually agree on everything.

Gary Johnson and Judge Jim Gray are the recipient of McCool’s 2013 Rebel With Just Cause Award for their efforts toward saving the American Dream: self-government free of big government corruption and oppression and restoring Justice the guardian of liberty! Obama and Romney have forsaken the American Dream.

Since 2006 I have awarded two free portraits yearly, each dedicated to the freedom philosophy or the American dream. I call it the, “Rebel with Just Cause Award.” It is given to true American patriots and others who stand for freedom against tyranny and injustice. The real visionaries, who laid down America’s laws, those who defined what an American patriot would be, were rebels with just cause. It’s not just our right it’s an American’s patriotic duty to rebel against big government tyranny. http://mccoolportraits.com/2010rebelwithjustcause.htm

12. Floyd W Davis says:

@ Hallie sorry to burst your bubble and your plot to get Obama another 4 years but 80% of america wishes there was a 3rd party to choose from google it. I will vote my conscious.I will not wast my vote I will vote for one of the three candidates that will be on the ballot in all 50 states… hint i will vote to LIVE FREE .

13. Tim says:

Here’s the real Gary Johnson: http://ow.ly/dDO1P

14. Jay Teaq says:

Jessie Markell needs to have his head examined for even considering voting for Romney… I mean what kind of moron attends an LPAC conference then goes and votes for the Devil himself?

15. Joe F. says:

Remember, this is just the PRESIDENTIAL election… the republicans will still control congress.

Obama has been a lame duck for most of his presidency, and personally, I’d rather have a lame duck than Romney and a Republican congress backing him… that would be truely scary.

The Republican party has been very adamant about not compromising with the Dems, and if you give them free reign you can expect that they will ram a bunch of “Christian” moral down our throats whether we want them or not, line the pockets of wealthy Oil and Defense contractors, and do nothing to correct our financial crisis. At least with deadlock, spending is being kept in check (Obama actually has the slowest govt. spending growth of any president in the last 20 years)

This is the perfect opportunity to send a strong reminder to the Dem’s and GOP both… if they don’t get their act together and start addressing the concerns of the the majority, they may not survive as a party. Vote Johnson… the more votes he gets, the more likely they will hear it.

16. John says:

If you are in a state like California where Pres Obama is certiain to win all of our electorial votes, why not Vote for Johnson?

17. c graviss says:

Middle aged Paul supporters say the same

18. Ash says:

It was shameful how Ron Paul has been treated but the revolution has just begun so excited to see people actually going to vote for a real change for the better!!

19. Ken says:

John Anderson said, “A vote for John Anderson is a vote for John Anderson.” Same is true for Gary Johnson. Reagan still won, but his point was a good one. You can’t be expected, as a voter, to do the calculus beyond expressing the thinking behind your one, single vote. When people announce that your vote is actually a vote for someone else, they are showing their own stupidity. Best to take advantage of the secret ballot if the social pressure gets too tough.Might even be worth lying to your friends if pressed. The more turnout for liberty, the more it will be respected. Imagine the Republican party losing on account of Johnson! The leadership will move our way, and more Congressmen and senators will sweep the rinos aside this year and next.

20. Chris Spherex says:

Proud to say I am voting for Johnson. As with Ron Paul, Gov. Johnson resonates with me on every issue. DON’T believe these people that try to convince you its a wasted vote. A vote is a vote, and you are either following your heart and voting for what you believe in, or you are voting because you are acting out of fear, and fear has no place in Liberty.. FOLLOW YOUR HEART, whether Johnson will win or not, stand up for what you believe in! If everyone does this, we WILL see a real Libertarian in the White House!

21. Jon Cherry says:

Are there any Democrats voting for the Libertarian Candidate?

22. Jada says:

I am voting for Gary Johnson and he has already picked his VP but he will ask Ron Paul to be one of the cabinet members Department of Defense., Secretary of State or Secretary of Treasury. He will ask Ron Paul to be part of his team. It would be nice to have Judge Napolitano and Justin Amash.

23. Steve says:

“They seemed undeterred by suggestions that a vote for anyone other than Romney equals a vote for Obama”

24. Randy says:

It’s interesting to see the comments here where people claim that a vote for 3rd party is a vote for Obama. People also say it’s a waste to vote 3rd party….from what I’m seeing it’s just social issues seperating the Dems & Reps. What do you think would happen if a 3rd party brought in enough votes to change the statis quo during an election? The 2 big parties might take notice, and address some real issues for once. Neither Romney or Obama ever speak of returning liberties back to the U.S. people. After the Patriot Act, NDAA, and about a dozen more new laws people don’t realize how many of their liberties have been striped away. That is enough of a reason to vote 3rd party, and pass the word to others.
    As far as to what’s happening with our mid-East embassies; it will be getting worse. I’m waiting for their explaination of why the U.S. had to attack Iran when our embassies were attacked in other countries. That’s just my guess. The consectutive governments have been feeding the U.S. people crap like that since Vietnam. Remember WMDs in Iraq? We were chasing Al Quida who wasn’t there until the U.S. “liberated” Iraq.

25. BYoung says:

This doesn’t surprise me at all after that circus in Tampa just a few weeks ago. How are they going to alienate, ignore, detain, and hold fraudulent votes against an entire block of voters and then expect those people to vote for them. They really showed how desperate they are. The Republicans were hoping the RNC was going to be their grand comeback but instead it was a nail in their coffin. The best they’ve been able to come up with in the last 20 years is GWB, McCain, and Romney….oh…. and Clint Eastwood. The GOP will die with their unadaptive and aging voting block. They should have learned that lesson when Obama was able to get in the White House four years ago. Instead they come to the table with the same junk but expect different results. If the GOP thinks third party voters are a pain in 2012, just wait until 2016. Hopefully we aren’t in 15 wars and owe 50 trillions dollars in debt by then.

26. Mary says:

I am sick of people I don’t know and that don’t know me trying to tell me WHO to vote for I am voting for who I want to WIN if America is still asleep we will find out..STOP TELLING ME WHO TO VOTE FOR…my vote goes to the 3rd party cause One day we will win people get sick of the bullshit from the other 2 parties that are NO OBAMA the lier OR MIT the flip flopper

27. Johnson votes will come from Romney and Dr Jill Stein votes will come from Obama.

28. Patriot says:

The RNC mistreatment of Ron’s delegates and the changes to the primary rules convinced me not to vote for Romney. This politically stupid move may well have cost him the election.

'SNL' laughs at North Korea, Sony hacks
“Saturday Night Live” hit on North Korea and the Sony hacks twice this weekend, proving that unlike most of Hollywood, they aren’t scared of Kim Jong-un. The show started off with a bang, bringing back Mike Myers as Dr. Evil to interrupt the cold open and discuss his anger over the North Korea and Sony hacker […]
RNC asks theaters to show 'The Interview
The Sony hack and subsequent cancellation of “The Interview” has gone fully political. President Obama made an official statement on this decision and now the Republican National Committee is weighing in. RNC Chairman Reince Priebus asks that movie theaters not bow down to North Korea and stand up to this decision by screening the film […]
Obama: LeBron 'did the right thing'

President Obama supports LeBron James' decision to wear an "I can't breathe" t-shirt during warmup before the NBA game between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Brooklyn Nets last week.

Al Sharpton, Hollywood's Sony Liaison

In a private meeting with Rev. Al Sharpton at the Greenwich Hotel in New York City Thursday, Sony Pictures chair Amy Pascal told Sharpton that he could have a voice in how the movie studio makes its films.

Clooney: Release 'The Interview' online

George Clooney may have the most awesomely toothy response to the Sony Pictures cyberattack that forced the movie studio to pull the film "The Interview" from its December 25 release.

Obama: I will do ‘everything I can’ to close Guantanamo Bay
President Obama may have signed the defense bill that keeps Guantanamo Bay open for another year, but he is still verbally promising to close down the facility. Obama appeared on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday and discussed closing Gitmo by the end of next year with host Candy Crowley. “I’m going to do everything […]
Obama: ‘We’re not going to be intimidated’ by Sony hackers
President Obama appeared on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday morning and covered a variety of topics ranging from racism to North Korea and the Sony hacks. Obama repeated his earlier statements about the hacks, implying again that Sony made the wrong call by canceling screenings of “The Interview.” “The Boston Marathon suffered an actual […]
Obama: we can’t have censorship subject to ‘some dictator someplace’

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama declared Friday that Sony "made a mistake" in shelving a satirical film about a plot to assassinate North Korea's leader, and he pledged the U.S. would respond "in a place and manner and time that we choose" to the hacking attack on Sony that led to the withdrawal. The FBI blamed the hack on the communist government.

U.S. confirms North Korea was behind Sony attack and promises ‘proportional’ response

Officials no longer merely suspect North Korea to be behind the cyberattack on Sony Picture—they’ve confirmed it.

District court declares Obama’s executive action on immigration unconstitutional
A federal court in Pennsylvania declared parts of President Obama’s executive actions on immigration unconstitutional Tuesday. Judge Arthur J. Schwab, sitting in the western district of Pennsylvania, said presidents do have the power to use discretion in deciding how to enforce laws, but found that Obama’s recent executive action went much further than that.  He said Obama was writing […]

Rubio, Paul feud continued on ABC's 'This Week'
Likely 2016 presidential hopefuls Marco Rubio and Rand Paul have been going after each other all week for statements made on President Obama’s decision to normalize relations with Cuba and the feud did not take a break over the weekend. The Florida senator, one of the most outspoken critics of the new Cuba policy, appeared on […]
Rubio says Rand Paul is clueless on Cuba

Sen. Marco Rubio made his criticism of a fellow Republican plain Thursday night.

Gowdy's office responds to Speaker chatter

Rep. Trey Gowdy has become a sensation on the Right, with his no-nonsense style and committee hearing takedowns of Obama officials garnering him praise and attention.

Rand Paul: 'Opening up Cuba is a good idea'

Sen. Rand Paul broke with the Republican Party's prevailing argument against President Obama's Cuba policy Thursday, saying the move toward opening trade with the long-embargoed nation "probably" is a good idea.

Retiring DemHenry Waxman's farewell ode to govt

You'd think that, 40 years in, a congressman might grow cynical about the prospects of government meddling. Not retiring Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.)!