West Virginia University tops the list of the biggest party schools in the United States according to the Princeton Review. It is also the top school in the “Lots of Beer” category.
Second in line comes University of Iowa which narrowly topped Ohio University which has held the title for the last few years. The Universities are rated based on a number of categories but West Virginia’s status came particularly as a result of the number of fires started on campus last year.
WVa. Police responded to more than 100 fires last year including 36 set over St. Patrick’s Day weekend alone, according to the New York Daily News.
The Top 20 Party Schools in the U.S. are as follows:
1. West Virginia University, Morgantown
2. University of Iowa, Iowa City
3. Ohio University, Athens
4. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
5. University of Georgia, Athens
6. University of Florida, Gainesville
7. University of California-Santa Barbara
8. Florida State University, Tallahassee
9. Miami University of Ohio, Oxford
10. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
11. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
12. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
13. University of Wisconsin-Madison
14. University of Mississippi
15. University of Texas-Austin
16. University of Maryland, College Park
17. University of South Carolina, Columbia
18. James Madison University, Harrisonburg Va.
19. University of Maine, Orono
20. University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Princeton Review also ranked the top 20 Stone-Cold Sober schools whose #1 spot has been held by Brigham Young University for the last 15 years.
1. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
2. Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
3. U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
4. U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
5. Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
6. U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
7. City University of New York-Brooklyn College
8. Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
9. Wellesley College, Wellesley, Mass.
10. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
11. City University of New York-City College
12. City University of New York-Queens-Hunter College, Flushing, N.Y.
13. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, Mass.
14. Agnes Scott College, Atlanta-Decatur, Ga.
15. Simmons College, Boston
16. U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
17. Pepperdine University, Malibu, Calif.
18. Becker College, Worcester, Mass.
19. Cooper Union for the Advancement of New York
20. California State University-Stanislaus, Turlock, Calif.
For the complete list of 2013 University category rankings, check out the Princeton Review’s 2013 edition of “The Best 377 Colleges.”