Just who is the Texas felon who received roughly 40 percent of the Democratic primary vote on Tuesday against President Barack Obama in West Virginia? Get to know Keith Judd with these 10 fun facts:
1. Better known as prisoner number 11593-051.
2. Currently resides in a low-security prison in Texas — Federal Correctional Institution Texarkana — where he’s serving a 210-month sentence for extortion connected to making threats at the University of New Mexico in 1999. His projected release date is June. 24, 2013.
3. Says he has run for president in every election since 1996.
4. Finished third in the 2008 Idaho Democratic primary with 734 votes, or 1.7 percent.
5. Got on the ballot in West Virginia by paying a $2,500 filling fee and sending in a notarized certification of announcement.
Read the other five at POLITICO.